Weekend warriors - 14-16 Feb

Options
cathy0536
cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
This is an accountability group for people trying to stay on track better over the weekend! :smile:

My challenges/events this weekend:

Today – Valentine’s – hubby has bought me chocolates which are lovely but have been put straight into a cupboard! (Out of sight, out of mind). I am cooking tonight and have planned:
- Chicken Caesar salad (using recipe from Hairy Dieters cookbook so low cal and doing half a portion as only a starter)
- Venison steak, oven chips and veg – gone for venison as we don’t have it often and it’s lower cal than beef
- Raspberry soufflé – eek, never made soufflé before but recipe looks ok and as it is mainly egg whites and raspberries with a bit of sugar and cornflour is low cal too. Serving cream with it but I’m not a fan so will be easy to avoid
- We have some champers chilling in the fridge but will stick to 2 glasses and have bought fizzy water to drink as well.
Have done my exercise DVD and if it stops raining will go for a walk at lunchtime as well.

Tomorrow – reasonably quiet day so planning DVD workout and to stick to diet. I have arranged to meet up with some friends and their children to go for a long walk while our husbands play rugby. Main meal is slow cooked chicken casserole – lots of veg.

Sunday – cousin and his family over for dinner. Luckily his wife is also dieting so planning low cal lamb and butternut squash tagine with salad and they’re bringing pudding. Planning to not drink any wine and suggest walk after lunch if weather OK.

And target for healthy eating this week is no crisps in the evenings :noway:

Anyone else want to join in?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Maybe next weekend. This weekend I will be eating all the foods.

ETA- I will be trying out a new branch of my gym. :)
  • cathy0536
    Options
    :laugh: My problem is eating all the food *every* weekend :laugh: :laugh:
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of really good goals set out for the weekend and they are totally acheivable! Side note: I think the differences in the terms we use are amusing. The differences between Englishes aren't usually so apparent lol.

Well I'll be working until 4 this evening (been working since 8 am yesterday morming) so I will see how tired I am, but I plan to run at lunchtime today and lift tonight; New Rules of Lifting Stage 2 exercise B1. I don't have any dinner plans, but I don't really want to eat out anywhere because it's valentine's day. I should have some extra calories from all my shoveling I've done this morning and working out I plan to do to use on some chinese or pizza, so maybe I can convince him to order in.

Tomorrow I will probably have to work again around 8 in the morning. So lots more shoveling will be coming my way. I just need to make sure I pack all my meals so I do not indulge and snack all day.

Sunday & Monday should be quiet days for me (no work Monday because of President's day) I hope to go for a walk with the boyfriend on Sunday or do something outdoorsy (even though there's lots of snow) and on Monday I need to ensure I go for my usual run.

All-in-all I just need to make sure I keep all snacking to a minimum and avoid excessive alcohol consumption. Most importantly, I need to log all my food! We can do this!
  • cathy0536
    Options
    Yes we definitely can!

Am normally aware of when I am writing something that most of my MFP friends will use an alternative term for e.g. chips/fries, crisps/chips, slow cooker/crock pot but think most of the time you can guess what I mean :wink: I think you use something completely different for rocket - is it argula? And I know you call aubergines, eggplants. Sometimes weird to have a look at peoples' food diaries and not recognise anything they've eaten that day, especially if they've had lots of processed foods - but I guess that happens the other way round too...
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in!!!! I told the Hubs instead of buying me chocolate & flowers, take the money and add it to our vacation fund.

I am babysitting the 2 year old nephew tonight so that should burn about 100,000,000 calories! We have a pretty quiet Saturday & Sunday...nothing really going on. We are supposed to get 4-5 inches of snow this evening so there won't be much running around.

My biggest challenge on weekends in the Hub's cooking. He loves to cook a big breakfast on Sat & Sun. I just gotta pull out the willpower (from God knows where) and have a SMALL portion of whatever and get some exercise in both days.

We CAN and WILL do this, WARRIOR'S!!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I want to eat at Cathy's house. Imagine having a wife that cooks! I "cook" but it usually entails reading directions on the box. I also have three boys that won't eating anything they haven't tried and they won't try anything.

We usually don't make Valentine's Day a big deal, our wedding anniversary is in early March so I'll save a couple of bucks for a nicer dinner out then. I'll get the wife some dark chocolate which she loves, since I'm not as big a fan of dark chocolate it's less of a temptation for me.

Our weather should be sunny and around 70F (sorry KMasz!), maybe some yard work and a 1000+ workout each day.
  • BeckyLF05
    Options

Mine, too!!!!!!! ALL THE FOODS! lol:huh: :noway: :laugh:
  • BeckyLF05
    Options
    Can I come over? I will help with yardwork? lol Soak up some sunshine for me!:flowerforyou:
  • btwinkles
    btwinkles Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Mine too ugggghhh :embarassed: :grumble:
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options

I am babysitting the 2 year old nephew tonight so that should burn about 100,000,000 calories! We have a pretty quiet Saturday & Sunday...nothing really going on. We are supposed to get 4-5 inches of snow this evening so there won't be much running around.

You're right, that will definitely burn 100,000,000 calories, maybe more!

I just had to go pick The Tornado (my 5 yr. old) up from school, she punched another Kindergartener, really hard. If "extreme anger" burns a lot of calories, then I'm set for the rest of this challenge. How many calories does saying no. every time she asks to watch TV or have a treat, burn? If stress causes weight gain, I should weigh about 300 lbs. by the end of next week. :laugh:

Since I don't have a sweet heart, I won't be having anything special for the Valentines Weekend. If I'm good, I won't make any ooey, gooey treats, but I make no promises. I do love to bake.

Great job planning ahead!!! Happy V Day to everyone. Will you all, Be My Valentine???
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Nice steak house dinner tonite, possibly some goodies, BUT!!!....right back at it tomorrow.
  • BeckyLF05
    Options
    How's everyone doing? So far so good here! I have turned down some REALLY good lookin' baked goods today but I knew if I brought them home I would eat them all! lol

We are cooking a big ol' pot of veggie soup this evening so I should be good on calories tonight, too! :drinker:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I'm on vacation and didn't eat nearly as much as I thought I would. I also worked out for the first time while away.
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Nothing is going how I planned, but I'm not doing bad comparative to the past couple weekends! I didn't run or lift yesterday because of work and the weather (-2 for me). I ended up eating leftovers last night instead of pizza or chinese and only had 1.5 glasses of wine (+2 for me) this morning I did make up my lifting from yesterday (+1 for me) but I just finished stuffing my face full of chinese food which will put me over quite a bit for the day (-1 for me) So far I have logged everything though, so at least I know where I stand and am being more consious about my decisions than I have been the past couple weekends (+1 for me)

So as far as my original plans for this weekend, my score is +1 out of a possible 7 points. not too great, but at least I'm not negative! lol
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm on vacation and didn't eat nearly as much as I thought I would. I also worked out for the first time while away.

Great job!!! When I was on my Christmas trip, I accomplished nothing, except for gaining several lbs.

So far, so good, as far as the weekend goes. I haven't gotten as much exercise as I wanted today, but the day isn't over. It was my monthly, try on day. Once a month, I try on all those clothes that don't fit. In the last year, the pile has gotten smaller and smaller. Only a couple more things to go. Today I actually took several things out of my closet because they're too big. Now I wish I hadn't gotten rid of so many of my small clothes. :smile:

18 wks. to my trip to South Carlsbad State Beach. I WILL wear that tiny, did I mention it's tiny, Speedo racing suit on the beach. And I WILL look good!!!

Stay strong friends, its almost Monday!!!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty when I eat back all my exercise calories. I was hungry tonight.
  • BeckyLF05
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Still fighting the food...errr.... good fight!!!! This is the first weekend in FOREVER that I have been a good girl!
    lol I love this group!

Getting ready to do some serious Zumba'ing & then relax on this cold...snowy (yes, 2 more inches last night) Sunday.

:flowerforyou: Have a GREAT day!
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
    It has not been my finest weekend :frown:
    Everyone home, but because I am buying only healthy food, they all came home bearing armfuls of junk! :sad:
    I succumbed - not in one major way but in many many many many minor ways.

Maybe next I try buying junk that I don't like but they do .... problem is .... I am addicted to junk so I am not sure what that might be!!!
  • BeckyLF05
    Options
    It does make it a LOT harder when you're the only one trying. That's how it is at my house, too. My Husband was on board at first but now he doesn't even try. I haven't been able to cut out "junk". If I tell myself I can not eat one certain thing...ever...I end up eating the whole darn pack/thing by myself. I try (TRY) to limit portions on that kind of stuff. Hope your day gets better.:flowerforyou:
    :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
    It has not been my finest weekend :frown:
    Everyone home, but because I am buying only healthy food, they all came home bearing armfuls of junk! :sad:
    I succumbed - not in one major way but in many many many many minor ways.

Maybe next I try buying junk that I don't like but they do .... problem is .... I am addicted to junk so I am not sure what that might be!!!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Didn't eat much at all this weekend. Was crook with gastro.

Valentine's Day was odd. We went with another couple down Great Ocean road to Angelsea and Torquay. We drove down this road with no bitumen and their car got a flat tyre. Not sure what caused it as we were driving right behind them and it just went down. After that was fixed, I fell off a rock walking down to the beach.Fell right into the sand. Didn't get hurt but my knees don't seem to be stable.