How to record Insanity workouts on workout tracker?

Options
I search "Insanity" under the Cardio section and get nothing?! Help?

Replies

• Artificer22
    Artificer22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What i did was make my own workouts and put the name and duration. I looked at some sites for calories burned, but everyone's different so i just used lower end estimates. Hope this helps.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I will create my own based on what the calendar says... And I wear an HRM... I bummed because my Insanity DVD's haven't arrived yet... :(
  • NyxButterfly
    NyxButterfly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I saw Artificer22 posting their workouts and I was like "How?!?!!?" I just found out my dad has 2 HRM so I'll be using them from now on.
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I think they have some of the videos online. Search the name of the specific workout video
  • onehotma602
    onehotma602 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Finish my fit test today. Here are my results :)

1. Swtich Kicks: 54 - 62
    2. Power Jacks: 50 - 50
    3. Power Knees: 80 - 95
    4. Power Jumps: 28 - 30
    5.Globe Jumps: 8 - 7
    6. Suicide Jumps: 15 - 15
    7. Push Up Jacks: 25 - 25
    8. Low Plank Obliques: 48 - 55

I'm happy with my results :)
  • littlecely
    littlecely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't have an HRM so I just uped my activity level on mfp and am making sure to eat my calories. That should be enough right?
  • MizMouRin
    Options
    I used the 'Calisthenics- vigerous effort' from the MFP exercise database... I don't have a HRM, so I figured that was the closest thing... it works, right???
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have an HRM so I created a custom exercise and logged my calories ... you can use "high impact aerobics" as well
  • MountainMoverJosh
    Options
    Every time I work out with INSANITY, you will see a "1" in the calories burned. That is because I pre-set my caloric intake for the day to be 500 less than my INSANIT-ized calories. That way, I know that any working out on top of INSANITY, is extra calories added on.

for instance, if my TDEE with INSANITY workout is 3000 to stay where I am at, I simply subtract 500 calories from that, and that will be my food total each day to lose weight.

The book tells you how to calculate your TDEE with INSANITY, so that you have your number already. It also shows you the math involved for losing weight....

But yes, as everyone says, you must create each exercise. But you will also have to set the calories yourself too. I don't use a heart rate monitor, I just go by their "average burn" which is about 600 calories per 40 minute routine.

If you do not have the nutrition book, here is a link to the pdf:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/18583476/Insanity-Nutrition-Guide
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Every time I work out with INSANITY, you will see a "1" in the calories burned. That is because I pre-set my caloric intake for the day to be 500 less than my INSANIT-ized calories. That way, I know that any working out on top of INSANITY, is extra calories added on.

for instance, if my TDEE with INSANITY workout is 3000 to stay where I am at, I simply subtract 500 calories from that, and that will be my food total each day to lose weight.

The book tells you how to calculate your TDEE with INSANITY, so that you have your number already. It also shows you the math involved for losing weight....

But yes, as everyone says, you must create each exercise. But you will also have to set the calories yourself too. I don't use a heart rate monitor, I just go by their "average burn" which is about 600 calories per 40 minute routine.

If you do not have the nutrition book, here is a link to the pdf:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/18583476/Insanity-Nutrition-Guide

Just to piggy-back on this ... if you have an Apple or Android device, Insanity Tracker is a free download and once you plug in you weight, height and activity level it does the Beach Body formula to calculate loss calories (or gain calories depending on your goals).

With month one, be careful with the calories burned estimates - you are only actively working out about 20-25 minutes, the rest is stretches and cool down. Once I got an HRM I was surprised that with some of the month one videos I was burning in the range of 350-450, way less than I thought.
  • cpcoursec
    cpcoursec Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I found this online as a ballpark figure. Based on 150lbs and actual workout time. Does not include stretching before and after, water breaks and when Shaun T is instructing the next moves.

Insanity Calories Burned

Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Workout Time: 28 minutes
    Calories Burned: 388

Cardio Power and Resistance

Workout Time: 26 minutes
    Calories Burned: 358

Pure Cardio

Workout Time: 25 minutes
    Calories Burned: 343

Cardio Abs

Workout Time: 11 minutes
    Calories Burned: 149

Max Interval

Workout Time: 46 minutes
    Calories Burned: 658

Max Plyo

Workout Time: 43 minutes
    Calories Burned: 613

Max Cardio

Workout Time: 36 minutes
    Calories Burned: 508

Insane Abs

Workout Time: 22 minutes
    Calories Burned: 266

http://thepopularman.com/insanity-calories-burned/
  • prayansh1996
    prayansh1996 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Use Insane 60 days workout tracker (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/insane-60-day-workout-tracker/id1092919903?mt=8)
    It will help you track your workouts and progress