I need a keto expert to look at my diet please!

fitlisa16
fitlisa16 Posts: 13 Member
Hi gang,

I have been on the keto diet for 13 days now, second day in I was in ketosis according to the ketostix. I have been anywhere from
mid purple to dark purple. I have had no cheats, and it's been fairly easy to stick to diet. I'm at the point now where I am not very
hungry, however I don't seem to be losing weight or looking any thinner. Can someone please have a look at my diet and see if I can improve it at all.

p.s. I haven't recorded my water but drink 4-5 bottles of water from a 24oz bottle.

:smile:

Replies

• tiger_lily5
    tiger_lily5 Posts: 38 Member
    I only just started this myself, so I'm certainly no expert. However, I've been reading EXTENSIVELY. My best guess is that your calories are TOO low. NO ONE can exist on 1000 calories without going in to starvation mode. Your body is probably holding on to every nutrient it can get. I bet if you keep your fat high and protein and carb low like you are, but add 500 calories, you'll see a change within a week.
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    I am definitely not an expert but I just looked at your diary; you must be SO hungry!

Get yourself some bacon and other fatty grass fed meats like beef/pork ribs, roasts, fatty pork chops roasted chicken and eat the skin, a bucket of heavy whipping cream (if dairy works for you), a jar of coconut manna, a bunch of caulifower, and have faith the weight is going to come off!

Feel free to look at my journal; I'm not skimping on calories and I've lost 12 pounds in 8 weeks. I'm 5'3 and started at 156.
  • fitlisa16
    Thanks so much for taking a look, I thought that might be the issue. I will give it a try :)
  • fitlisa16
    Thank you, I am actually not hungry for the first time in my life lol, but will try to bump up the fat and cals :)
  • booklvr81
    booklvr81 Posts: 30 Member
    This page will let you plug in your stats, and give you the correct amount of calories for you: http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
  • fitlisa16
    This page will let you plug in your stats, and give you the correct amount of calories for you: http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
  • fitlisa16
    Thanks!!! I will give it a try :)
  • It is hard to really see what is going on because you don't seem to have a fiber column and a potassium column and your net carbs column isn't working for me. Also, I can't tell what percentage of fat your diet is comprised of. Are your macros 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carbs?. Your calories seem really low. However, if you are truly and honestly not hungry at all, you aren't waking up in the middle of the night with hunger pains, you are probably fine. However, you need to honestly assess whether or not that is true. You shouldn't be hungry at all. Depending on your weight, the keto calculator could fail. If you are very overweight it is going to overestimate the amount of calories you need (in my case it overestimates by 800 calories). Also, make sure you are getting lots of potassium. I use something called potassium salt (no salt) in my food to up my potassium intake.