What do you tell people who say 'but you're tiny'?

Do you just smile and move on? or do you say something clever?

I usually try to at least say, "well, I know the weight where I feel comfortable so I'm just trying to get there again."

Sometimes it's hard not to get angry when people tell you things like that. I WANT to say, hey it's my body so keep your opinions to yourself. But that's not helpful, right? :-)

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    I tell them that I used to be 50 lbs heavier, and that I used to eat over 3,000 calories a day. I've had somewhat of an obsession with food since childhood, and if I'm not extremely careful I can easily eat that much on a daily basis.
  • knt6742
    knt6742 Posts: 36
    I actually had this problem a couple of days ago. I get called skinnie minnie alot or the your so "tiny" thing. It's really uncomfortable. I wish I could say something snappy but I don't. I'm torn because the people saying it think they are giving a compliment but at the same time I don't need their comments. I've lost 30lbs so far but I've got a good ways to go.
  • Nyusha21
    Nyusha21 Posts: 26 Member
    I just tell them they've never seen me naked, people usually shut up after that. (Probably imagining me naked, lol)
  • "bleh" is what I say. I'm not tiny, I'm short. There's a big difference. And it makes me feel more self-conscious and fat. DX