Id like to point out all the GOOD things that has happened

Options
caminoslo
caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
In the past 3 months I have seen mostly Great things since I've been o this diet I would love to share wtih you.
Let me start is 2012 in October I decided to start walking again cause I was gaining weight. And guess what it wasn't working I kept gaining more weight. This was very frusterating the only thing I was consciously doing was avoiding HFCS back the. Come January of 2013 I was walking with my cousin,(he started joining me on hour works that were in the hills.) I still was gaining weight, I was very discouraged and decided to just stop. I slowly got up to 178. Last fall I was on the train and I talked to a lady who was a personal trainer and i siad I dont understand whats going on with me? she said something like, do you eat bread? and i said yes and she said that will slow down your metabolism. She planted the seed I had forgoten all about Low carbs! I also noticed that As soon as I ate carbs they seemed to make me gain weight over night. I started doing research about low carbs day in and day out. I started reading all the controversy about low carbs how its this and that its good its bad.
I was afraid, the first meal I ate was cobb salad, I was afraid i was thinking here I am eating BLue cheese non stop how could this be good? Then I started challenging myself At mexican resturants at buffets to not feel bloated. It worked, one day I even ate at a buffet for lunch and then a mexican resturant for dinner. My eating habits got better and better, Hummus became my choice, Fresh eggs everyday from my pet chickens, I did well through the holidays thanksgiving, christmas. And I felt like I had the appetite as I did when I was a kid. Not overly interested in food.
I am now down to 164 usually int he morning.
My old clothes fit me. My chest is 39 instead of 42. I took the measuring tape and found that the widest part of me is 43.5 Its amazing...........How can people deny this is bad? I wish I would of remembered how to do this a long time ago.
About 12 years ago i took a nutrition class at college, I remember learning about how yoru body burns carbs first and then fat second. Of course my book said it wasnt such a good thing. Wow everything is rigged.
I also have abandoned Rice, pasta, bread, refried beans, tortillas etc. LIfe is better I am hoping to weigh 135 sooner than later.
the only problems I find myself having with this diet is sometimes I am so hungry as the hunger just hits me, and I find myself wanting to eat quickly anything even a carb. but most of the time I stick to it. I think i am back into ketosis as of yesterday as i made sure i didnt eat any processed carbs.

Replies

• Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great story. Thanks for sharing. Continued success!!
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    If you're experiencing such intense hunger, maybe consider eating more fat throughout the day. It could help keep you satisfied and keep hunger at bay. If not, try and maybe keep packets of macadamia nuts or almonds around so you have something good to snack on before you reach "critical hunger"
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I did low carb before but tried to keep my fats relatively low at the time. it was soooo hard & I was always hungry!! This time I'm not worrying about the fats, trying to stick to the healthier ones of course,but otherwise my goal is not eat carbs (other than veggies) and sugar. In 5 days I'm down 4lbs and after months of watching the scale steadily climb its nice to see it going the other way. My cravings are gone & I'm rarely hungry. I no longer snack all night and once I finish supper I'm good for the night, other than a quick bite of something from time to time before bed, like hard boiled egg or chicken. I have noticed I gain when I eat nuts & nut butters so Ive been steering clear of them for now. Other than that I'm thrilled with the addition to the extra fat in my diet.