FEBRUARY CHALLENGE GROUP!!

Options

Replies

• reneejun23
    Options
    So, I'm in day two of induction and I think things are going well. I've lost 2 pounds already!

I have a couple of questions for people who are much wiser on this diet than I am.

1. Is it normal for me to be a lot more hungry? I used to only eat twice a day - now I find I'm eating something closer to 5 times a day.

2. If I'm using Ketostix to measure whether I'm in ketosis (they say I am), do I care what color the results turn out to be? I tested moderate today, but is that more a function of hydration level than amount of fat present?

3. How long does the headache that comes with carb crashing last?!

Thanks in advance for your help :)
  • chownot
    chownot Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I just looked at your food diary and offer the following suggestions, you need veggies. Atkins states that you need at least 15g of your carbs coming from "foundation veggies" Some veggies are high carb, but other's aren't. Add a salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, 3 grape tomatoes with Walden farms no cal, no carb dressing. Also, I don't know if you just didn't log some of your meals or if you are skipping, but you should be having 3 meals a day for optimal weight loss. Lastly, cut down on the dairy. I know Atkins says "up to 4 oz of cheese daily" but it stalls people. Drink at least 64 oz of water a day. If you aren't taking supplements, you might want to consider, as you aren't getting all the micronutrients by eating all fatty cuts of meat, pork rinds, and no veggies.

I hope my suggestions are helpful. Good luck!
  • tunesntea
    Options
    Good morning,

I just looked at your food diary and offer the following suggestions, you need veggies. Atkins states that you need at least 15g of your carbs coming from "foundation veggies" Some veggies are high carb, but other's aren't. Add a salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, 3 grape tomatoes with Walden farms no cal, no carb dressing. Also, I don't know if you just didn't log some of your meals or if you are skipping, but you should be having 3 meals a day for optimal weight loss. Lastly, cut down on the dairy. I know Atkins says "up to 4 oz of cheese daily" but it stalls people. Drink at least 64 oz of water a day. If you aren't taking supplements, you might want to consider, as you aren't getting all the micronutrients by eating all fatty cuts of meat, pork rinds, and no veggies.

I hope my suggestions are helpful. Good luck!

thank you.

I wrote a lot but just accidentally deleted it. LOL. Will try to take your advice. I'll give it to the end of Feb to see if this plan is right for me. Right now it's easy to cook for everyone and economical where my other plans get more expensive and restrictive but I feel really good on them for other reasons than weight. Hope this works for a few more months.
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 173 - stuck away from home last week - travel delays due to the weather and I am sure "beer" is not on plan!! It is what it is - got back on track this week and working back to 171 and then downdowndown. It's a journey...it's my journey!!! Still exercising which is a NSV for me because it would be so much easier "not" to do it - I keep telling myself "eyes on the prize". Best wishes for an on-plan day!!!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    February Goal -6#

02.09.2014 - down -1.6#
    02.13.2014 - down -2.8#
    02.20.2014 - down -0.8#

-5.2# . . . 86.6% Goal Achievement!

Month of February Time Lapse 75% Complete

**STILL Ahead of Schedule to Meet February Goal!**

=^x^=
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Been staying in Ketosis the last 2 weeks. Weight is down, from my starting weight so that is good! I am excited to finish out this month strong.
  • lisajacobsen1428
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks in and I think I am doing ok. The lbs seems to have really slowed down coming off, but the inches haven't :)
    4" chest, 4" waist, 4" hips and 3" thighs. I'm finding it hard to eat enough calories (reading other posts here about counting calories) but am keeping the carbs in line.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    6 days left in the month, its been an up and down month for many of us, looks like i am going to end the month with some weight loss, I am happy about that, just getting thru winter can seem tough , snow days, cold days,, days you want comfort food ect ect, just keep rebounding and get back on ketosis/induction when ever you can, and march will be here soon
  • jamm2000
    Options
    I've lost 8.6lbs since starting Atkins 4 days ago (Tuesday through Friday). I have also been walking 45 minutes each day to help move things along. I'm super excited about making this a lifestyle but I'm ready to move beyond phase 1 so I can eat some fruit.
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 172 today!! So glad to be only one pound off from my ticker.....wishing everyone an on plan day!!!
  • christineellis
    Options
    Two weeks since I restarted and 8 lbs down! Only 2 on my ticker since I didn't change it from last time. Still glad to be 2 down from there and going strong. Went out to dinner Saturday night, but didn't impede my progress. Kept to what I know and it all worked out! Happy Monday!
  • jamm2000
    Options
    I'm down 9.2 in 6 days. I had a very tempting weekend - pizza, bday cake, stadium food (popcorn, peanuts, etc.) but didn't give in at all. I'm so proud of myself.
  • christineellis
    Options
    I had a very tempting weekend - pizza, bday cake, stadium food (popcorn, peanuts, etc.) but didn't give in at all. I'm so proud of myself.

Great job not giving in!
  • Pennben
    Pennben Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, I successfully navigated two weeks on the road (and without a scale, but for 1 interim checkin). My late afternoon weigh in (I usually weigh in first thing in the morning so I'm not counting this as official) when I got home shows that I successfully blasted through an old stall point from years ago which had me nervous coming into this month, so I am psyched! I'll do an official weigh in for the month at the end of the week....I think it is going to be tantalizingly close as to whether or not I hit my overall goal.

Glad to see everyone still around and keeping at it!
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It looks like I'm going to change my diet. I went to primary doctor today and he wasn't happy with such a low carb count. He says I can stay low but need to add more milk, cheese, yogurt. Basically, calcium. He wants me to have at least 1500 gm of calcium a day. Trying to redo goals to make that work.
  • jamm2000
    Options
    There are only 2 more days left in February and I am so excited to wrap this month up! I've still got 5 more days of induction phase but my weight has been dropping steadily each day. I've lost 5.6lbs between Saturday - Thursday. I started on 2/18 and my goal was 11 lbs in 11 days, but I'm already passed that. Woo-hoo! Atkins rocks! But I really miss my fruit and nuts. Can't wait for phase 2.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    February Goal -6#

02.09.2014 - down -1.6#
    02.13.2014 - down -2.8#
    02.20.2014 - down -0.8#
    02.27.2014 - down -1.2#

-6.4# . . . 106% Goal Achievement!

Month of February Time Lapse 96% Complete

**I ACHIEVED MY GOAL, AND THEN SOME, AND WITH A DAY TO SPARE!!**

Woo Hoo! First time I have EVER met my monthly goal. Always came close, but no cigar.

*So Happy!*

=^x^=
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to make my goal but I feel much better about my motivation going into March than I did February. I only lost an inch on my waist since the beginning of February, however I was up 2 inches from that number at one point in the month. Hopefully this sets me up for the next month and I'll get to meet my March goals!
  • jamm2000
    Options
    My goal for February was 11 lbs and I lost 12.8. Woo-hoo! I started induction on Tuesday, February 19th weighing 190.4 lbs and this morning, Friday February 28th I weigh 177.6. Wow! I need to start thinking about a goal for March :-)
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    well my goal this month was to lose 7lb and I've lost 5. not bad but I've been up and down a few lbs over the last week or so and I'm not sure why :( I think I'm maybe eating too much protein but I'm keeping my calories in check (but not obsessively) and my % macros are spot on. 5lb in 4 weeks is still good so I'm happy overall ;)

my goal for March is 6lb ;) Well done to everyone!!