Talking Dead: Team Mika and Lizzie

Options

Replies

• Cali_Mell
    Options
    Good morning all! I did 20 min. of leg lunges this morning, which ended up not being as bad as I though. 10 of those minutes go to simbersea from Team Carol, 10 to me :)

I also tried the Sally squats just to see how I'd do. Didn't do so well with those. After 2 minutes I was ready to collapse, my legs are still shaky.

Not sure if I'm just that weak still, if it's because I did the leg lunges first, OR if it's because I pulled a 12 1/2 hour work shift yesterday sitting on my bum. LOL

Anyways, I plan to try some Sally squats each day now just because I hate an exercise that beats me. Since I won't need them (right?) I can spread them around the team for whoever is short or needs extra points.

As for the cardio combat, can anyone give tips or exercises they do for that part? Kickboxing is out for me, but I need something else to make that part of the challenge.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Cali_Mell - I don't do any type of kickboxing either so I was just getting my combat training in by doing jabs (upper cuts, etc.) while I was doing my cardio because I do intervals of running and then brisk walking - when I go to my brisk walking I do jabs. If anything thinks that's not ok - just let me know.

Yep - those squats are gonna hurt -- along with the extra leg we are doing. Would sets of the leg machine at the gym work for our extra leg exercise? I'd like to do something besides squats and lunges since I will already be doing so many of those?
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Cali_Mell - I don't do any type of kickboxing either so I was just getting my combat training in by doing jabs (upper cuts, etc.) while I was doing my cardio because I do intervals of running and then brisk walking - when I go to my brisk walking I do jabs. If anything thinks that's not ok - just let me know.

Yep - those squats are gonna hurt -- along with the extra leg we are doing. Would sets of the leg machine at the gym work for our extra leg exercise? I'd like to do something besides squats and lunges since I will already be doing so many of those?

Leg machines would make a great strength exercise and totally count!!!

I like the idea of jabbing while walking, Im going to have to try that. Walking is so boring otherwise.
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ok Hello everyone !!!! How are y'all ??? I am great. I just started a new job on Monday after not working for 6ish year. So this has been fun going from setting on my butt playing on facebook to working.....lol I feel old :yawn: On the Challenge end of things so far I have 60 mins of cardo, 30 of strength , I have done 10 mins of bring Sally up for my person and 5 mins for me and then promptly took my last pain pill :bigsmile: How are y'all doing so far ????
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    So... bring sally up... those things frigin suck!!!!!

That is all. :wink:
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Ok Hello everyone !!!! How are y'all ??? I am great. I just started a new job on Monday after not working for 6ish year. So this has been fun going from setting on my butt playing on facebook to working.....lol I feel old :yawn: On the Challenge end of things so far I have 60 mins of cardo, 30 of strength , I have done 10 mins of bring Sally up for my person and 5 mins for me and then promptly took my last pain pill :bigsmile: How are y'all doing so far ????

Hi Georgielee37, I am adopting you if no one has yet and giving you 10 minutes of strength training. I picked you because you are starting a new job and that is real hard to do and have time to exercise! Good Luck on the job!
    BeBubble from Team Carol!
  • Cali_Mell
    Options
    Okay no one throw anything at me or shoot me- but today I almost slipped fully. I put in another 12-hour day today and my butt cheeks all the way to my feet are killing me for sitting so long for 3 days in a row now. I have 6 more days of this kind of day because of our work deadlines. So by the time it was end of day, I just didn't want to do any exercises, I wanted a frickin' Big Mac and fries, AND I wanted a chocolate candy bar.

BUT, I did the damned exercises (even if I was doing them angry, crabby, and cursing). I also did 4 minutes of the damned Sally Ups for any team member that needs them. And I didn't have any of those foods. I cooked. Even if we didn't eat till nearly 7:30..lol

I like the jab idea when walking too!

I found another way to get cardio combat in. It's called BODYCOMBAT. So much of it I can't do physically, but I can do a lot of the arm stuff (just slower) and I like it. There's a ton of those videos on YouTube too.

Congrats Georgie on the new job!! I was like that too years ago. Hadn't worked in 8 years and then suddenly was out in the real world. Luckily, I'm now in the WAH world. I admit, I'm not the greatest people person. :)
  • Georgielee37
    Options
    Okay no one throw anything at me or shoot me- but today I almost slipped fully. I put in another 12-hour day today and my butt cheeks all the way to my feet are killing me for sitting so long for 3 days in a row now. I have 6 more days of this kind of day because of our work deadlines. So by the time it was end of day, I just didn't want to do any exercises, I wanted a frickin' Big Mac and fries, AND I wanted a chocolate candy bar.

BUT, I did the damned exercises (even if I was doing them angry, crabby, and cursing). I also did 4 minutes of the damned Sally Ups for any team member that needs them. And I didn't have any of those foods. I cooked. Even if we didn't eat till nearly 7:30..lol

I like the jab idea when walking too!

I found another way to get cardio combat in. It's called BODYCOMBAT. So much of it I can't do physically, but I can do a lot of the arm stuff (just slower) and I like it. There's a ton of those videos on YouTube too.

Congrats Georgie on the new job!! I was like that too years ago. Hadn't worked in 8 years and then suddenly was out in the real world. Luckily, I'm now in the WAH world. I admit, I'm not the greatest people person. :)

Cail Hang in there you are doing great like always and thanks. I am doing ok this week I will look and see how much make I am going to have to do this weekend tonight when I get done with my workout...lol y'all have a great day !!!!!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Did my 10 min. of legs for my donation last night at the gym; after I did 50 min. of my zombie run and then did my sally squats after I got home. Feeling it today for sure.

I need to work on the strength training so my plan is to add some minutes after each run today, Friday and Saturday. Remind me again what happens if we do exercise on Sunday - does that mean we count it toward our totals starting on Monday? We have an off weekend so I will probably work out on Sunday too.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Wow this is a kickass challenge - I still have 80 min. of weight training and two sets of my punishment squats to do tomorrow and Saturday and after my workout at lunch I feel wiped! I guess it will help next week to have Sunday and Monday to spread them out over and hopefully not be battling this bronchial crap still. But yea - my legs and butt, and well basically my whole body when I get up to walk the halls is sore!
  • Georgielee37
    Options
    Ok so how are we doing?? Win lose are draw I feel like I am kicking butt this week , but man oh man am I wiped out.:yawn: This is where I stand now that I am done with today's workout. Cardo : 200 ,strength : 120 ( 45 of that leg's and 10 of that from my adopted mom Sara :laugh: ), 15 mins Bring Sally Up. Keep up the great work everyone!!!!!!
  • Georgielee37
    Options
    Ok gals so how do we look??? We only have till mid night Sat to get our numbers in ? Are we going to make it ?? No one's talking this week ...... I know why I am not talking much...but whats up with y'all ????
  • tj1376
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM!!!!

How is everyone coming with this weeks challenge? Anyone needing any help from your teammates?

Remember that when you turn in your scores tomorrow you will turn in the Total of your strength. If you have 100min or more I will know you completed your adopted members strength as well.

This week is all about helping others, so make sure to get in your strength totals!!!!! You could be all that stands between someone else being eaten by zombies or getting way in the nick of time.
  • tj1376
    Options

I love people who hate working out as much as I do, but do it anyway - especially if they are cranky while doing it. If it makes you feel better I always try to eat dinner between 8:30-10 so I dont get hungry and snack later in the night. 7:30 is actually pretty early.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    I have to do 40 min. of strength today and tomorrow to get my strength in -- I am using the zombie run app to run with so getting my cardio has been easy because I love doing it. Does anybody else feel wiped this week?? My legs are so sore. I'm sure its those sally squats as after about 2 min - the last last 2 min feels more like 10.

I will have my totals unless something extraordinary happens to hinder my plan but not expecting that. We have a low key weekend at home.

This week it will help to have Sunday and Monday to do my exercises as last week I was out on vacation so I didn't do anything those two days.

Can't wait for the new episode on Sunday night!
  • AmyP619
    Options
    I still have 45 mins of strength to get in, but I only need 30 more minutes of cardio. I'll be hitting the gym after work to get more cardio and strength in today, and I'll make sure to finish it up tomorrow. The total amount of minutes needed each week for BOTH cardio and strength is a lot, so I'm still adjusting!! LOl This challenge has been so great for me because it's making me hit the gym and get in at least 6 workouts a week. I used to only do 3-4 workouts a week!!! Let's go team, let's get it done! We are next to last, and I don't remember us having any kills in the last episode, so we really need to get our totals in to stay alive!!
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    HEY HEY HEY!! I haven't forgotten you, just too busy at work to log in! :( I am doing my exercises, though!! I hate those sally things!! Have a great day!!
  • AmyP619
    Options
    My Strength for the week has been completed, 100 mins..done! I just have 1 set of Sallys left to do. Tomorrow I will tackle those :) 30 mins left of cardio, so that is also on the agenda for the morning!! We've got this, team!! :) How's everyone else looking?
  • Cali_Mell
    Options
    Thanks for that TJ! Everyone always talks about how once they started exercising they get obsessed or love it. I still don't love it. I would rather walk 50 miles in the woods wearing a full pack then do 30 more flipping minutes of Zumba.. :)

Sorry I haven't been talkative this week. These grant deadlines are killing me. I barely have time to sleep let alone talk to normal human beings. Luckily we cut out early tonight.

Here's where I stand so far this week:

Cardio- 280 minutes (65 of those are combat cardio minutes)
    Strength- 125 minutes (including 10 minutes to simpersea from Carol)

I also did 16 minutes of Sally Squats for anyone who needs them in here. I don't need them this week, so if you're short- let TJ know so she can use them!

I don't know how much more strength training I'll get in this weekend. We'll be pulling all day and nighters to make our deadline Monday (the government waits for no man) but I do know I'll get more cardio in Sat. morning for anyone who needs it as well.
  • AmyP619
    Options
    Done!
    Cardio- 200
    Strength - 100 (includes the 10 mins I donated to team Tyreese)
    Within my calories- Yes! :)
    Sallys done - Ouch but yes!