What keeps you motivated?

Options
GdeVries
GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
As one who has fallen off the wagon and gotten back on numerous times...

I was wondering what keeps you all motivated?? Would love to hear your stories and successes!

Replies

• rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My husband and I bought a house last summer ... on a LAKE! But it was an extremely busy year between getting into our house, it was a foreclosure and heavily damaged, on top of that my step-daughter got married in September. All the way around expensive and stressful year. If we weren't working at the house on the weekends, we were wedding planning.

This year my goal is to ENJOY the house, lake and spend a lot of time on our boat... and I want to feel and look good while doing so!! :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • omatga
    omatga Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Results! :) For real, that's what kept me motivated in the beginning. Then, I really got addicted I guess you could say. Now I'm an Insanity Instructor and a Beachbody Coach so those two things really keep me motivated. I can't help other people with their health and fitness if I don't take care of my own and I truly LOVE seeing others change their lives :)
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I feel so much better and have a lot more energy,
  • AdamFoureyes
    AdamFoureyes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's addictive. i have a few reasons, my Dad got cancer at my age, that kind of spurred me to make some changes. My father in law died suddenly of cancer last year and i felt angry at everything and powerless. Luckily i decided that taking control of my body was a positive thing to help me get out of the dark place. Now I'm past that and looking forward to being actually proud of a decent body for change, that, and the thought that these days not many 40yr+ men can see their abs, and i want to be in the minority!
  • joannanewman580
    joannanewman580 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is my fourth time of losing my weight, the difference this time as opposed to the others for me is myfitnesspal . Each day I just start fresh so if I had a bad day the day before I just look at that fresh new logging page , sigh and just tell myself to get through this day being good and trying to do some kind of excercise so I can log it. So far it seems to be working :) Jo
  • whitemagnolia1
    whitemagnolia1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is a great attitude! Each day is a new beginning. I agree. I also use the support of people on mfp to keep me going. I create mini goals and plan rewards for achieving those goals. For example, I have a weekly weigh-in. On the third week, I plan to have lost at least 1.5 lbs. And exercise 3xs per week minimum.My reward is a desperately needed pair of running shoes. Next three weeks reward is pack away my "fat" clothes and wear next size down including a few new with tags still on them.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I don't want to buy a new wardrobe again :) (went from a size 26/26 to a size 4/6 = so lots of clothes were replaced along the way) so I am really motivated to stay the size I am currently and maintenance is way harder than I would have thought