IE and Me

Options
I decided to start a personal thread here. If anyone feels like commenting, please feel free.

I feel like I'm getting myself back on track again. It makes sense that the more I think about trying to do this 'right' the more difficult it will be - and conversely, the less I think about it and just let it happen, the easier it will be.

It's difficult not to think about it in January, when people seem to be talking of nothing else. Now that January is over and things are getting back to normal, so is my ease with IE.

This week has gone particularly well. The eating part anyway. I have an injury that will prevent some of my usual activities, but hopefully it will heal before too long. At least I can still go for walks. We had beautiful weather today and we took advantage of it by going for a family hike this afternoon. Lots of walking and hill climbing - not to mention beautiful views.

Replies

• MePlus20
    MePlus20 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear this week has gone well with the intuitive eating! I am doing better with it too. It does help when January is over your hear a lot less of the diet talk.
  • Aspieb
    Aspieb Posts: 26
    Options
    This week has gone even better. I am doing better about not eating out of habit. One step in the right direction at least!
  • MePlus20
    Options
    This week hasn't gone as well for me.

I live with my partner and she eats a lot more frequently than I do. So food is always around, and she's always offering me food. It's really hard to stay on track.

As a motivator I am going to count how many times she offers me food. For each time she offers and I am NOT hungry and I say NO to it, I'll give myself a point. After 10 points I get to buy a song on iTunes.

We'll see how it goes!
  • MePlus20
    Options
    BTW, I'm really glad you're on here and still posting! Awesome that you had such a good week. :-)
  • Aspieb
    Aspieb Posts: 26
    Options
    That sounds like a good idea! It'll give you a definition of success that actually fits with your reality.

We had a crazy weekend with late breakfasts and lunches, so no one felt like dinner - so we didn't have dinner. What a concept, huh?
  • MePlus20
    Options
    Back from vacation. Wow, it's really hard to do intuitive eating when you have to synch your eating schedule with other people and are eating out at restaurants.