Additional workouts?

Options
I've added a few of you guys as friends (also- feel free to add me!) because I love seeing what other people are doing & eating & their results, etc.. but I've noticed a lot of you guys are doing other workouts each day too, so I have a few questions:

* Will I get amazing results just doing the Insanity & eating right every day? Or do those folks on the before & after pics also... idk running 5 miles every day and or lifting weights?
*Should I be incorporating additional workouts?
* A portion of the workouts are stretching. I've been tracking my insanity workouts as circuit training (because I think it's closer to that than aerobics). Should I be deducting the minutes that are stretching from that video time when tracking?

These may be silly questions, but I'd love your feedback :)

Replies

• kawatson61
    kawatson61 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not giving up my lifting routine 3x/week... just adjusting it to fit with the less intense insanity days (cardio recovery, fit test, rest day, maybe pure cardio, etc). For example, tomorrow is cardio recovery. Doesn't look too bad, so I plan to do that in the morning and then lift in the evening after work.

I also LOVE Les Mills BodyStep (don't hate on me) and will keep that in my schedule at least once or twice per week. If I do double up workouts, I'll probably do one workout in the morning and one in the evening.

Also, before I purchased a HRM, I tracked Insanity as half calisthenics and half aerobics. I don't eat back all of my calories though, so I have some wiggle room for inaccuracies.

Hope this helps!
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Insanity before but I was walking and doing stairs at work on my coffee breaks and lunch break (1 hour in total). Yesterday I started running because it's getting nicer outside. I don't think you need to do extra workouts but since I created the habit I didn't want to lose it and it beats sitting at my desk during those times.

As for tracking the exercise I chose to mark it as aerobics, I think it's lower calories so I figured that should help adjust for the rest periods. I also try to not eat back all of my calories just to allow for the wiggle room.
  • littlecely
    littlecely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about this too. I haven't really been doing anything extra either. For work sometimes I have to walk for 10 to 15 minutes to get where I need to go but that is pretty much it. I have a stationary bike at home, should I add a few sessions with it a week?
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'll go do an easy 45 min elliptical today since the Recovery workout was kind of easy.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd round - I did this workout around this time last year. Last time, I listened to everyone who said "no, you can't do anything else - its too much, you'll risk injury" and ONLY did Insanity despite knowing I could push harder (especially in month 1 where the videos are only 40 minutes where the warm-up and stretches account for half of the time). This time I will not say goodbye to the gym for 2 months - I'm going to continue with strength training and supplement with other workouts.
  • fieryfjord
    Options
    I do weight training as my main workout and supplement it with insanity. I am mostly sore when I do insanity but it helps with my cardio fitness which is not very good. But I think eating well and doing insanity faithfully on its own will do wonders.