Week 6 Weigh In (24 February - 2 March)

Options
Hi there Challengers and welcome to Week 6!

For the late starters, please fill your statistics in the INTRODUCTION thread, you might want to give this thread a miss, and start your updates next week. It's entirely up to you.

For those updating - just copy the text below, post a reply and fill in the blanks.

I honestly believe that weight loss is NOT just about the number on the scale, it's about having the right mental attitude as well, so please remember to read your goals and affirmations EVERY DAY to remind yourself why you are doing this! I've included some extra questions below, you don't have to answer them if you don't want to - but keeping a positive focus and congratulating yourself for the small things that you do every week is a good way to keep the ball rolling and progressing to your end point.

Achieve your nutrition and fitness goals every day and you WILL reach your 12 week goal. Start with the end in mind!!

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Name:
Challenge Starting Weight:
Goal Weight:

Today's Weight:
Weight loss this week:

Today's Measurements:
Bicep:
Chest:
Waist:
Hips:
Thigh:

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week?

How do you feel?

List 3 things you are grateful for?

What are you going to improve on next week?

Progress photos (optional)

Replies

• bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Monday Morning everyone!!!

Name: Allie
    Challenge Starting Weight: 94.1kg
    Goal Weight: 80kg (new goal)

Today's Weight: 88.7kg
    Weight loss this week: 0.8kg

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 33cm (-1cm this week)
    Chest: 104cm (-1cm this week)
    Waist: 94cm (-1cm this week)
    Hips: 110cm (no movement)
    Thigh: 59cm (-3cm this week)

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 38.5
    Goal Body Fat %: 34.9
    Current Body Fat %: 35.2% (down 0.2%)

What goals did you kick this week?
    This week has gone so quick.. and I've been so tired the last few days..
    I managed to still loose weight without exercise (and I've stopped stressing about not wanting to do exercise)
    Even tho when I am really tired is when I usually binge food to get energy.. i controlled my eating and was still pretty close to 1200 yesterday.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Name: Ray
    Challenge Starting Weight: 79.0kg (as at 27/1/14)
    Goal Weight: 70kg ( <75kg within this 12 weeks is the minimum)

Today's weight: 75.4kg (steady for the last two days).

That's 3.6kg lost in one month. Aside from initial water loss I think it's probably about 2.5kg of fat loss in this time, a good steady pace and something I can maintain for a while longer.

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 29/35
    Chest: 93
    Waist: 78/92 (loss of 3 & 2cm)
    Thigh: 57

Starting Body Fat % (if known): USMC calculator put me at 24%
    Goal Body Fat %: 15%
    Current Body Fat %: Not sure, but it's slowly going down ;)

Total Calories: 13,944 (ave 1,992 per day)
    Net Calories: 10,127 (ave 1,447 per day)

The net calories seem low, but most of my calorie burn comes on one daily ride and I don't think it burns as many calories as my body has adapted somewhat to cycling. I think the overall average intake of around 2000 is the sweet spot for the amount of exercise I'm doing. No real hunger issues and a decent re-feed on Sunday afternoon seems to be working well.

How do you feel?
    I feel good, there is consistent movement on the scale and my waist/stomach measurements are the only ones going down so there's nothing to be upset about there. If I can get through the next 8 weeks without a significant stall in fat loss I expect I'll be pretty close to 70kg by the end, and that should be right around 12% body fat.

The second week in a row I've said this, but I have to get to the gym more! This 4 day per week routine is not working at the moment so I'll need to shake things up - I'll go back to 3 days p/w which should be plenty of volume. Things at home and work are keeping me from doing four days weight training and three days riding each week (which was ambitious).
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi Groovers, and great work folks!!

Still in Lanka staying at fancy hotel in the city and so had a bit more control this week, and at least able to get to the gym everyday or out for long walks. I tend to go hard on the cardio when I am away and in hotels, basically to keep up my steps, maintain fitness while travelling, and burn off steam from being locked in meetings for most of the day. I feel like this works for me to do this for some weeks when away, and I am feeling quite a bit leaner this week, so it will be fun to see what the scale says when I get back home. Happy that my measurements have dropped a bit, as they don’t always in the tropics on account of the water retention.

Name: Donna
    Challenge Starting Weight: 77.5
    Goal Weight: 72

Today's Weight: no scale – no idea
    Last week weight 77
    Weight loss this week: - no idea til I get to a scale next week

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 25 = same
    Chest: 95/88/106 = -1/same/same☺
    Waist: 88/99 = same/-1 ☺
    Hips: 97 = same
    Thigh: 50 = same

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 39.7
    Goal Body Fat %: 36
    Body fat this week: don’t know – no scale

What goals did you kick this week? Did an hour minimum at the gym every day this week and twice on some days – and managed about 125,000 steps – now no 45 on the fitbit league!

How do you feel? Happy – had a great few weeks, looking forward to going home tomorrow! ☺

List 3 things you are grateful for? Being alive, having the best job in the work that takes me to so incredible places and having a great place to go home to!☺

What are you going to improve on next week? Keep on track during the journey home – make sure that I get back into a good gym routine when I get home.

Have a great week everyone – I can’t wait to weigh in next Monday and see if my efforts have paid off!! ☺
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well done Ellie and Ray, great progress for you both. Donna, I am sure you'll have a great loss next week, you are so good with your exercise while away.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!!!
  • bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Name: Ricki-lee
    Challenge Starting Weight: 79
    Goal Weight: 73

Today's Weight: 76.6
    Weight loss this week: 400g

*no alcohol
    *averaged over 11,000 steps /day
    *9hrs of exercise - including 3 C25k runs, lesmills body step (first time) swimming & walking
    *lost weight ( even a little bit counts)

How do you feel? happy for doing well, but so tired :)

*get more sleep
    *try another new class
    *try harder to keep my calories under 1500
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Im not going to weigh in this week as I've had an allergic reaction to something and am retaining a lots of fluid - my face in particular is very swollen. Not feeling sick, just look very scary and am very itchy.
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Name: Flyer69
    Sex: Male
    Height: 176 cm
    Starting Weight: 87.7
    Goal Weight: 82

Today's Weight: 84.4
    Weight loss this week: 300 gram (0.3kg)
    Total weight loss so far: 3.3kg

Smashed the 20,000 steps per day for the month, currently on 568.000 and I still have a little over a day to go!!!
    Run 12 km non stop, plus a 10 and 15km one interval this week, feeling very good about that.

How do you feel?
    My week has been almost a week and half, so nothing to be cheering about in the weight department.
    However I am going on holiday next week!!! YAHOO!!!!!
    So pretty happy and excited about that and I intend to enjoy it!!!!

List 3 things you are grateful for?
    My health, my wife and my upcoming holiday

Be in the 83's when I leave on holiday
    Try to run 15km non stop this weekend

33524370.png
  • EGirl7
    EGirl7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Name: Emma
    Challenge Starting Weight: 61 kg
    Goal Weight: 55 kg

Today's Weight: 61.2 kg
    Weight loss this week: Nil

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Thigh:

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
    Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week? I stayed alive. That's a pretty big one.

How do you feel? Better - spent nearly a week with family. Physical health and fitness was a wash for the week, but I was focusing on my head.

List 3 things you are grateful for? Friends, family, furbabies. They're why I'm here.

What are you going to improve on next week? Hopefully REALLY everything.

Progress photos (optional)
  • weightywarrior
    Options
    Oops, got totally sidetracked this week and forgot to weigh (well I probably did weigh myself, but I forgot to log it here and now I have no idea what it was.)
    My weight is jumping all over the place it seems, so it's probably for the best to leave it till next week, and hope it calms down by then!
This discussion has been closed.