February 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    02/25 - 2.7mile evening walk

At mile 2.2, the rain came down, good thing I made the turn to end back home rather than do our 3.9mile loop (I have charted several walking routes through my town, ranging from 1.9mile to 4.5mile). I wasn't able to post this last night b/c the rain was causing some modem problems.

Oh, and I LOVE SEEING ALL YOU PEOPLE IN THE YELLOW ZONE!! GREAT JOB!

exercise.png
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Everyone who has made Goal this month. :drinker: Great Work. But I also want to recognize those of us (me included :embarassed: ) who struggled this month. Hey guys at least we tried. :flowerforyou: I admit, it's kinda sad when I see the success all around me :cry: , but I know not everyone is always going to hit goal. Hey, it's the journey that counts. Every step gets us a little closer to where we want to be. :happy:

So, I did add 4.25 miles today. Not the 5 miles I wanted, but I did manage to get over 10,000 steps, so one goal accomplished anyway. :ohwell:

February total 53.75 miles. (Sorry Dave, I apparently really did break my ticker this month.:blushing: I'll set up a new one for March)
    No worries! It's no harder for me to read your miles that way. :wink:

You are absolutely right though....everyone of you that is still working on it even though you had a rough month deserve HUGE PATS ON THE BACK too!!! It's going to be like that sometimes. Life gets in the way. Sometimes it's family, other times it's work, illness, injury, you name it. But what still makes you a winner is not throwing your hands up in the air and giving up. You do WHATEVER you can to move WHENEVER you can. Even when there is little to no hope of making goal. You have had a successful month when you know in your heart that you honestly and truly did what you could do! At that point, it doesn't matter how far the number of miles you moved was from your goal. :flowerforyou:

Dave

Thanks to both of you for this--I really needed to see it this morning. I have been beating myself up for my dismal numbers this month. Snow plus strep throat plus pink eye (and not all at the same time!) equals a terrible month for workouts. But I worked out on Saturday even though I was out of town, and hit the gym last night and it felt great to be back! Looking forward to a fresh start in March (and no more snow!)

exercise.png
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Oh, and here is the (sad) breakdown:

2/6: 0.4 mi
    2/11: 3 mi
    2/13: .25 mi
    2/22: 1.5 mi
    2/25: 2.5 mi

exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I had an EXCELLENT weekend. I did the Glass Slipper Challenge at Disney...10k on Saturday and Half on Sunday. I walked the 10k with my 73 year old Mom! I was so proud of her! So 19.3 miles officially plus many more miles walking around the parks!

2/19 - 4 miles
    2/22 - 6 miles
    2/23 - 13 miles

exercise.png
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Adding last weeks miles

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Everyone who has made Goal this month. :drinker: Great Work. But I also want to recognize those of us (me included :embarassed: ) who struggled this month. Hey guys at least we tried. :flowerforyou: I admit, it's kinda sad when I see the success all around me :cry: , but I know not everyone is always going to hit goal. Hey, it's the journey that counts. Every step gets us a little closer to where we want to be. :happy:

So, I did add 4.25 miles today. Not the 5 miles I wanted, but I did manage to get over 10,000 steps, so one goal accomplished anyway. :ohwell:

February total 53.75 miles. (Sorry Dave, I apparently really did break my ticker this month.:blushing: I'll set up a new one for March)
    No worries! It's no harder for me to read your miles that way. :wink:

You are absolutely right though....everyone of you that is still working on it even though you had a rough month deserve HUGE PATS ON THE BACK too!!! It's going to be like that sometimes. Life gets in the way. Sometimes it's family, other times it's work, illness, injury, you name it. But what still makes you a winner is not throwing your hands up in the air and giving up. You do WHATEVER you can to move WHENEVER you can. Even when there is little to no hope of making goal. You have had a successful month when you know in your heart that you honestly and truly did what you could do! At that point, it doesn't matter how far the number of miles you moved was from your goal. :flowerforyou:

Dave

Thanks to both of you for this--I really needed to see it this morning. I have been beating myself up for my dismal numbers this month. Snow plus strep throat plus pink eye (and not all at the same time!) equals a terrible month for workouts. But I worked out on Saturday even though I was out of town, and hit the gym last night and it felt great to be back! Looking forward to a fresh start in March (and no more snow!)

exercise.png

Glad to help. :flowerforyou: And Thanks Dave for your reply. I got up this morning and decided that, since 82 miles in 3 days was Not going to happen with these little legs, I was just going to Sit.:sad: And Pout. :sad: Not very mature, I know but that's how I felt. :sad: And then I logged into here and read these replies. :smile: I'm still not even getting close to my goal, but I can keep going. :smile: And March will be better. :smile: So, Thanks!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'll be back tonight with at least some miles to report.
  • Mermaid_Out_of_Water
    Options
    2/25

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Taxmom9093 and Dave -- you are both very kind.

Dave -- Nice ride!

2.58 yesterday
    8.15 today

Hard day at work today...missed the sunshine. They are talking rain tomorrow...and the next day...and the next...trying to remember what that is...rain...hmmmm.

exercise.png

I've got three days to make goal.

Chris

Thanks Chris! And I'm not worried, you've got your goal well in hand! :smile:

Crossing the GOAL line this morning is.......WANDERAN!!! :flowerforyou:

HOYALAWYA2003 - You're welcome and there's no sense beating yourself up. I have to remind myself of the same thing. I can usually tell when I'm being lazy or when I really ought not be moving and my body is at risk of prolonging an illness or incurring an injury...but I still wrestle with guilt of taking rest days. I'm getting better about it though. And I'd rather have that problem then it being too* easy to take a bunch of days off in a row for no good reason. :smile:

LISAH8969 - Congrats on your Glass Slipper Challenge!!! That's so awesome!! :drinker: And YAY for Mom too! GO MOM!! :drinker:

TAXMOM9093 - :smile: Makes me happy to ease your frustration too! You've done what you could. Don't overdo it now and get hurt or get yourself in a bad headspace feeling like you failed. Because you absolutely DID NOT. You played the cards you were dealt this month the best you could and didn't just fold at the outset. Great job!! :flowerforyou:

Dave

Spreadsheet updated to here
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Wow! I haven't logged anything in here since February 21st.!!! :noway: Not that there's much to log....

And Yes, @Sufferlandria, I twisted my ankle and still haven't been able to run since then. I still feel a bit of pain, and just want it to heal completely before going back at it. Otherwise, I know what will happen... I'll be on my @ss for more than a few weeks. When I got my appointment, and told him how it happened and what my ankle actually 'did', he told me I was lucky in a way; by the sounds of it, I should have broke it :sick: . He couldn't believe it happened the same morning, :huh: and that it was only sprained. My ankle was so swollen... My boyfriend didn't even want to see it... I had to keep it covered every time he was around :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, I do try to walk, and since I have a lot of stuff to do around the house (i.e. shoveling!!, horses, barn, etc.), it helps me up my mileage a bit, but not like I would like. :ohwell:

Anyway. Even though I'm not gonna let the fact that I won't make my goal sabotage my spirit, I'm here today to log a few miles. :drinker: So please add 14.5 miles for me...

exercise.png

QOTD:
    tumblr_n1lyvuMm5j1sr9vtpo1_500.jpg
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Spin class was full again this morning! :grumble:
    I did 7.2 miles on the elliptical instead. Poop!

exercise.png
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Once again a rotten month weather wise for getting out walking! I would love to be able to buy a treadmill :(

Goal: 20
    Prev total thru 2/5: 4.36
    2/5 thru 2/25: 6.68

New Total: 11.04

DsvRm6.png
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Updating;

2/25 - 3 miles

exercise.png
  • naters_0823
    naters_0823 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    2/26-2.041 miles

exercise.png
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    2/1: rowing 2.65km, bicycling 10km
    2/2: bicycling 15.3km, rowing 1.5km
    2/3: rowing 1km, bicycling 5.7km
    2/5: running 3.48km
    2/6: bicycling 16km
    2/7: rowing 1.1km, bicycling 10.4km
    2/9: rowing 3.74km
    2/15: walking 4.19km
    2/24: walking 4.82km
    2/25: bicycling 13.7km
    2/26: running 3.07km, bicycling 10.2km

total: 106.85km
    left: 13.15km

exercise.png
  • mosommer
    mosommer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Add 4 miles for me please!
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    A very quick 1.52 walk, the wind is ridiculously cold. :frown:

exercise.png
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Rode 10.02 miles on the stationary bike today.

115.72/125
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Going for 1000 miles again this month - as long as the weather holds

01-02: 10.64 miles
    02-02: 34.11 miles
    03-02: 50.42 miles
    04-02: 51.12 miles
    05-02: 51.26 miles
    06-02: 50.11 miles
    07-02: 34.33 miles