Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• amarmiaco
    Options
    My name is Latisha, I'm from Baltimore, MD. This is my first attempt at a 100 mile challenge.
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Hannah from Dallas, Texas. This is my first attempt at a 100 mile challenge. This will be tough adjustment for me but I think I can do it if I try to fit in more smaller walks to my schedule. Good Luck everyone!
  • Kowent
    Kowent Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen from Surrey, England, I'm Karen from Pennsylvania, US.
    I can't wait to try this. I hope the treadmill is permitted. It is fridgid here this week. Can't wait till spring.
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm Melissa from Pennsylvania. I'm really excited to do this challenge. I love to walk and just recently started the c25k running program!!
  • TooTatToTrot
    TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi im Tatyanna! I'm from Chicago but go to Ohio State. I'm starting tonight. Hoping to make in 30 miles a week for about 140 miles by April 1st!
  • Running71
    Running71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Geetanjali from Mumbai, india. Recently I have been very lazy about exercise. I am hoping that taking up this challenge will motivate me to be regular with my walks.
  • Jaicon
    Jaicon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jason from San Francisco, California. I walk about two miles a day right now. This challenge will be my first attempt and will make me step up my game.
  • tulip1112
    tulip1112 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Megan from Utah. I am hoping that this challenge will help me stay motivated! Never done a challenge like this before. I am kind of excited. :)
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm Nancy from northern Idaho. I will be turning 62 in May and try to walk 3-4 miles each day. I have started doing a little jogging but really enjoy the walking. We have no walking paths so I walk the streets but do not stop on any corners. My walks are up and down hills as there is not a lot of flat ground. I accept the challenge.
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Stormy. i'm 22, and I live in Houston, TX. This is the first time I am trying to walk 100 miles in one month, and I'm excited! Hopefully I will be able to keep up!
  • jenncookie1
    jenncookie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jennifer from WV and this is my first walking challenge. I can't wait to get started :)
  • mikalamarie
    mikalamarie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Michelle.......I work in a large facility and walk all around it to see residents.......I plan on using an app on my phone to record how much I walk daily.......does this count???
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi! My husband and I are in the "early" stages of discussing/planning a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail (2015 or 2016).

Since the 2014 season starts now for North bound thru hikers (Springer Mountain GA to Mt Katadhin Maine), I thought it would be a good idea (duh) to start walking now to see how "ready" I am...so seeing this group fits right in!!!!

I'm just outside of Columbus, OH and it's still pretty chilly but I plan to start March 1st...:flowerforyou:
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    hi (: i'm brandy. i'm from maryland. can't wait to get started!
  • LisaP0921
    LisaP0921 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa from Western New York. I love to walk and hike but have never tried to walk 100 miles in a month before. I'm excited for this challenge, especially as the weather gets nicer (soon I hope, it's downright blustery out there today!). I'm also training for my first 5k, so hopefully it's okay if I count my (very slow) jogging miles toward this challenge too!
  • LisaP0921
    LisaP0921 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! My husband and I are in the "early" stages of discussing/planning a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail (2015 or 2016).

Since the 2014 season starts now for North bound thru hikers (Springer Mountain GA to Mt Katadhin Maine), I thought it would be a good idea (duh) to start walking now to see how "ready" I am...so seeing this group fits right in!!!!

I'm just outside of Columbus, OH and it's still pretty chilly but I plan to start March 1st...:flowerforyou:

This has always been a dream of mine! I constantly read blogs of those who are hiking the trail and hope to someday have the flexibility in my work schedule to do it myself. How exciting and motivating for you to have something that adventurous to be preparing for!
  • jessicaBR78
    jessicaBR78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm Jessica! I live in Utah, USA and am fairly new to MyFitnessPal. This will be my first group challenge and I'm excited to get going.
  • 7cazza7
    7cazza7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Carole from Glasgow Scotland. I am looking forward to this challange. Roll on the first of March :)
  • amberpickens
    amberpickens Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    hello everyone I'm Amber. Im from Indiana. I am currently 6 months pregnant so walking and light workouts are all i can do at the moment. I'm excited about this challenge and good weather lol
  • mlh37214
    mlh37214 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Michelle from Nashville, TN.

2nd attempt...February was rough! :)

Work a job where I'm tied to a desk for 40 hours a week and really need to keep myself active. (A huge change from walking and being on my feet for my entire shift at the last job.) I'm doing a 1/2 marathon in April, and I've really got to get going on the training, so that I'm not in too much trouble for the race. Love the motivation the groups provide!!!