Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• GrindingSalt
    GrindingSalt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I completed W9D2 and I got injured :frown: I really want to cry...

Aw man! I twisted my ankle in a sidewalk pothole on W9D1 : ( It's so frustrating. How did you hurt yourself?
  • mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone! We are doing so well. W7 D2 done today.

Stuggled a bit today, got a stich so slowed up a bit. Going to do day 3 tomorrow and then going to stop and re-start after my holiday next week ;). Will have started a new job so no more gym at lunch time. Going to move my running to the park, so I think I will go back to W4 or 5 and start again from there
  • socunpato
    Options
    Yesterday I completed W9D2 and I got injured :frown: I really want to cry...

Aw man! I twisted my ankle in a sidewalk pothole on W9D1 : ( It's so frustrating. How did you hurt yourself?

Congratulations on graduating :D

My achilles tendon felt a bit funny, but it wasn't painful so I ran anyway. When I was done and I started walking it began to hurt a lot and I realised it was very swollen. Went to the doctor today and it turns out I have achilles tendonitis. :\
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Completed W5D2 this morning. A slower pace and focus on keeping my posture vertical but no pain in the hind quarters.
    Dreading the big W5D3 on Saturday, but.... it's got to be done!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    New Group Member Here! :)

Just completed Week 1 Day 1 last night! I may not be fast, but this fat girl is going to try her best!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Just completed Week 1 Day 1 last night! I may not be fast, but this fat girl is going to try her best!

Congratulations! Keep at it, do your best, and you'll totally rock it. :flowerforyou:

W8D1 for me today!
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Joining this thread again as I work through C25K after a broken fibula.

Finished W2D3 today. For some reason, the early intervals felt REALLY tough today, but the later ones got easier. I think I may need to do a longer warm up walk. I'm still fighting the urge to jump ahead a couple more weeks since I know I could run a whole 5k in November, but I'm letting my ankle get used to it gradually, and I know that's the way to go.
  • TheKatatron
    TheKatatron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    W4D2 complete!
  • GrindingSalt
    GrindingSalt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    While I graduated :happy: over the weekend, I'm still running! I went a solid 30 earlier this week and an effortless 15 tonight. Wanted to keep going (despite some crazy cold wind) but I'm tapering off leading up to my first ever 5k on Sunday. I went up to the course over the weekend and, uh, there are some pretty seriously massive, insane hills. It's intimidating for sure but I'm just going to go with the flow and do the best I can do!
  • luciafernanda
    luciafernanda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    W4D2 complete!
    same here :D
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    W5D3 completed! I can't believe how easy it was!

It has been hard to keep up with it this winter, but am so excited to have gotten this far!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Awesome!
  • nh38318
    nh38318 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    W8D1 completed! This is my last week on the programme......
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Restarted C25K today. I have done through week 3 about 4X over the last year but then something comes up and I stop. But I am hoping to get through this time. The run today felt really good.
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    W3D1 complete and I loved it! Even though I got caught in a hail storm and my first 3 min run fell on the steepest incline of my route.

I felt genuinely disappointed when that voice in my earphones told me to 'cool down'. I wanted to run again!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Wow, the switch from treadmill to outdoors is going to be tough! I gave week 8 day 2 a go outside, but wasn't able to run for more than 4 1/2 min at a time (which was partially due to my lungs). Think I will restart the c25k about half way through and go for distance when doing outside runs. Headed back in to the treadmill tonight--still haven't been able to do more than 25 minutes, so trying again for 28 today.
  • mistermoloney
    Options
    Just finished W4D1.. I can't wait for this cold weather to go away, I'm tired of running in the cold haha (NJ here). Can't believe I actually made it to week 4 and completed it without an issue, I even wanted to keep going, who whould've thunk it.
  • smcdaniel9506
    smcdaniel9506 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also new here (well, newly active, been a member for a year, but only finally started logging my food a couple of weeks ago) and I completed Week 1 Day 1 this morning! I'm doing it on the roads around my house, so it was a 1.5 mile loop. Instead of sticking religiously to the 60 secs/90 secs X 8 pattern, I just alternated jogging from one electric pole to the next, then walking for two electric poles. Only got six repeats in, but that brought me the full 1.5 miles and took about 25 minutes (including warm up /cool down). Getting out of the house was hard, but the actual process was not as terrible as I'd feared!
  • ThatLadyJ86
    ThatLadyJ86 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and just started the c25k yesterday, but after serving jury duty alllllll day today now I'm finally out it's raining like crazy sooo I may repeat day 1 week 1 tomorrow just as a refresher and continue..... but I will be working out which I am about to do now :-)
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Repeated Week 1 Day 1 on the treadmill. I may be slow and look ridiculous, but I’m doing it! :)