Introduction

Options
dani_ban
dani_ban Posts: 243 Member
Hello,

My name is Danielle and I live on the East Coast. I need to really start tracking my calories and working out. I'm currently 5'10 and weigh 236!!! My goal is to be around 160, so I have a ways to go. I lost 40lbs before I got pregnant. I did 30 day shred for 30 days straight then insanity for 2 months, so I did it before I know I can do it again.

Anyone interested in doing 30 Day Shred for 30 days straight or even Ripped? That really helped jump start my weight loss journey. My last group everyone had to log in and post that they did the workout for that day. It's a way to hold each other accountable.

Danielle

Replies

• jlrosey
    Options
    Hi! I'm jlrosey from January bbc. I live in az. I'm 151lbs after gaining 45lbs from my pregnancy (lost 20 already with baby). Looking to be around 130 again.

A side note: it's telling me to eat 1200 a day on here. Wth??? I know it doesnt know I'm bfing but seriously? Do people really survive on that?

I do insanity or running. Please explain what shredding is...
  • dani_ban
    Options
    Hello jlrosey! 30DS is Jillian Michaels workout DVD, you can find it on youtube for free. 30DS is just a jump start that I like to do cause I'm so out of shape there is NO way I can go straight back to doing Insanity. It's 25 minute workouts with three levels.I was going to do level 1 for 10 days and level 2 for the next 10 days and then level 3 for 10 days.

Danielle
  • ebrady913
    ebrady913 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm Elizabeth and I'm up in snowy New Hampshire! I was 241 at the appointment the day before I had my son and would like to get down to 175... I was 208 at my first prenatal check up. After trying to lose weight off and on by myself, I'm excited to have other people to hold me accountable! I always stop when I hit that plateau!!

I'm up for 30ds but since my blood pressure hasn't normalized on its own, I am not allowed to work out until my ob clears me which will hopefully be Monday!! I'm hoping to lose enough initially to get back into my pre pregnancy clothes at least by the time spring rolls around! (So April/May)
  • cortycrazy
    cortycrazy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow mommies! My name is Courtney and I'm from good old New Jersey!

Before I got pregnant I was 186 pounds and busted my *kitten* to get down to 140/145 before my wedding... Had to go exchange my dress from a size 10 to a size 4 an everything! But little miss decided to make an appearance (which I am PERFECTLY content with!) and the last time I weighed myself before labor I was 218! After 3 weeks PP I was down to 205 which is when I started back up with this.

I'm currently back down to 185 after cleaning up my diet and walking/elliptical/light weigh training every other day for the past 3 weeks.. But Tuesday I got the go ahead to start heavy lifting/running again! I WILL get back down to at least 150 again.. I've already lost the weight once so no excuses!

I would love to do 30 DS but hubby and I share a room with baby in my
    Grammom's house so there is literally zero room up here!

Good luck to all you ladies! We're all gonna be sexy ripped mamas this summer!
  • ecu_jules
    ecu_jules Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Julie.I used MFP along with running before getting pregnant to lose 25 pounds. I was 213 at my first ob visit, got down to 208 during first tri, and was 233 at my last appt. before birth. Within two weeks of being home I was down to 216 and was so happy about not gaining too much baby weight! Unfortunately, the inactivity and constant hunger from breastfeeding has taken its toll in the last month and I weighed in at 224 at my 6 week check up yesterday!???? My initial goal is to get below 210 and hopefully close to 200 by summer. This is a lofty goal BC I lose weight sloooowwwwly, but I need to make the most odf my extended maternity leave, which ends in August.

I can't believe the timing of this post on BBC! I spent yesterday afternoon updating MFP and trying to come up with a calorie goal and then this morning saw the post. I am typically much more of a lurker and don't usually join or type in forums/groups but figured it was meant to be!

I will join in on 30DS. I like those workouts, 20 minute butt kicking! Going to be painful because I am so out of shape! Also planning on upping my walking with the stroller as the weather improves and doing couch25k program beginning in mid-march to get running again.
  • dani_ban
    Options
    Hey Julie!

Do you want to start the 30DS challenge on March 1? It's nice to meet you and so glad you joined the MFP group!!! My other MFP group really helped keep me motivated.

Danielle
  • yellifish
    Options
    Hello ladies, my name is Nallely or Yelli for short. I'm not exactly sure how much I weigh at the moment since I don't have a scale at home, will go buy one soon so I can keep track though. At my first prenatal appointment I weighed 165lbs and then the day before I had my baby boy I was 185lbs so I gained a total of 20lbs during my pregnancy. Almost 3 weeks after I had my first postpartum appointment and had already lost all 20lbs and was down to the 165lbs again. I went back at 6 weeks postpartum and was down to 161lbs. I wanna go down to 120lbs since I used to be petite and I miss those days when I didn't have to worry about a muffin top, double chin, big arms...and of course when people didn't ask me if I was pregnant when I wasn't pregnant! Plus it would be nice to finally wear a bikini without a shirt over it again :)

I'm interested in doing the 30DS, I will look it up on youtube and bookmark it, so sign me up for it! I think starting March 1st would be nice since it's the beginning of the month.
  • clee13mfp
    clee13mfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Chelsea and my hubby and I are stationed in Central Cali! I'm 5'2" and before getting pregnant weighed 130, and that's after putting on 10 pounds! I'm currently 4 weeks pp and weigh 145, I'd like to at least get back to 130 then go from there. I'm thinking about starting T25 after my 6 week appt, has anyone ever tried it?
  • kiwiGirl23
    kiwiGirl23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Im Jen -aka Girlychic from BBC. Im from the Saint Paul MN area. Ive been on MFP for about a year. I started mine at 236 last winter and was down to 223 before finding out I was pregnant last May. I did pretty well thru my pregnancy and only gained 22lbs. I was back down almost at my prepregnancy weight but thru inactivity and quitting breast feeding im back up to 234. :-(. I'm 7weeks pp and just started back with a personal trainer at the gym. I only see him 2 days a week. I have a ton of credits im using up but now with baby expenses once I use them I'm on my own. I do have the 30 day shred dvd but wouldnt be able to do 30 straight because I work 13 hr days so when I'm working I dont do workouts. I think this group is an awesome idea. I feel like it will be easier to have support who has been thru a similar experience. I really want to get back to 160-170 ultimately- I have a little boy that I want to be able chase around all day when he gets older ;-)
  • Emedina1987
    Options
    I am Elizabeth. I am from KY and recently moved to TN in November. I am 5'4 and 26 years old. this is my 2nd baby and I was only 9 months post from my first pregnancy when I found out I was pregnant again and I had never gotten all the weight of from it. I currently weigh 140 and I want to get down to 120.

I started doing myfitnesspal again a little over a week ago and I've already lost 5 pounds :) I am not breastfeeding so I am hoping to she's the weight pretty fast with diet and exercise. I only got down to 135 before getting pregnant again so I am hoping to reach my goal this time since I am done having kids. I love that we have a support group!
  • jtmt21
    jtmt21 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi all,

I am Jessica. This LO is my first kiddo. Love him to death but do not love my body. I'm 5 ft 8 and my normal weight is about 140. I had a mc last year due to which I put on some lbs. I was 152 when I got pregnant with this LO. The day I was induced I was 207! Oops. I am now down to 177. My first goal is to get to 150 then back down to 140. The first 18 came off easily and now it is taking more effort. My 6 week appointment is tomorrow so I'm hoping to get into some sort of workout routine. Kind of hard with a newborn. How long are the 30 day shred workouts? Needless to say shorter workouts are easier to actually get done. Do I need to purchase them?

Thanks!!

So to see everyone in my feed, do I need to add everyone as a friend?
  • resacherry
    Options
    Hello!!

My name is Teresa and I'm originally from Louisiana. My husband is in the army and we are in Kansas as of now. I was 186 before I got pregnant and yesterday at my 6wk appt I was 180. I wanna get down to 145 so I have some ways to go. I wasn't very active before I got pregnant so looking to get back in shape and being a better me all around. I was thinking about getting the p90x30 to help me get to where I want to be but I can check out the 30ds.
  • ecu_jules
    ecu_jules Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle--Lets do it! March 1st is a good start for 30ds! How should we set up checkin?

Here is a good you tube link for anyone wanting to join us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • ebrady913
    ebrady913 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately because my blood pressure has been an issue, I am not allowed to "workout" until they clear me which will hopefully be at my 6 week appt on Monday... I'll start it as soon as I can but will definitely be behind :(

I think there are a few more who can't workout officially yet so maybe we could have a second group start around March 15 (ooo beware the Ides of March!) anyone else who can't start on March 1?
  • dani_ban
    Options
    30 DS workouts are around 25 minutes. I posted a seperate thread for all who want to start on March 1!

Lets motivate each other...I probably wouldn't get going unless for you guys, so thanks in advance.

Danielle
  • cmann1988
    Options
    Hi, I'm Caitlin and I just started MFP this week. Loving it so far. Currently 150 lbs and I want to lose 10 (maybe 15 depending how I look/feel after 10). I'm EBF and log this as cardiovascular exercise for 400 calories. I'm also non-dairy for LO's sake. I'm struggling to find time to exercise and I know it will be harder once I'm back to work in 4 weeks. Looking forward to sharing with you all!
  • kelscastle
    Options
    Hi im Kelly and I had my little one on January 4 and I'm looking forward to being able to lose weight with all you ladies. I know it's already been two months and I haven't started working out yet but I am hoping this group will motivate me. Before my little one popped out I weighed 180 and now I'm down to 160. My goal is 120 but I know it will take more like 3 months to get there. Yay I'm excited!!!
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I live in Alaska and am a science teacher - bet you couldn't tell that by my screen name =) I am 29 years old and just had my first (amazing) baby.

I have been a member for MFP for a little over 2 years. I believe I started at 199 two years ago, got down to 179, then life happened. Two miscarriages left me unmotivated and I gained it all back.

My pre-preg weight was 202- I had an emergency c section at 222. I am back to 201. None of my pre-preg clothes/pants fit though. Boo!

I had gestational diabetes while pregnant and religiously logged every bite of food that entered my mouth for 10 weeks. I worked out every single day as well. I am taking a break from logging while home, and will resume in a few weeks when I go back to work. GD really sucks and I need a break from worrying about food!

My sister just got engaged as well, so extra motivation is looking goooood for those family photos.

Feel free to add me!
  • JennySpiewak
    Options
    My name is Jenny and I live in Florida. I started my pregnancy at 160, which is 20 pounds above my ideal weight. I ended my pregnancy in the 200s. If I had to guess I was about 210. I'm around 185 now and haven't started exercising yet. Still trying to figure out how to get to the gym with my husband at work all day and he goes to the gym after so I have no one to watch my son. I've lost a ton of weight plenty of times before and I'm hoping I can again. I'd love to be back at what I was a year ago. I was 150 and looked AMAZING.
  • julybuckeye
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Ashley and I live in rural central Ohio with my husband and our new baby boy. I am 5'6" and weighed 128 lbs at my first prenatal appointment. I weighed 157 lbs the morning I delivered. By two weeks postpartum I was down to 142 lbs and at eleven weeks pp, I haven't lost an ounce since. I am currently breastfeeding and my cravings seem stronger than during my pregnancy! I am excited to start 30DS, but especially nervous because I'm also returning to work this week. This is going to be a challenge! Thank you in advance for all of your support! :)