Replies

• doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Elsmere!
    Goodness we Delawareans? need to be more talkative.....lol

Yeah....
    We do!

Hey we need to get together! Maybe one weekend, cajosor, me, and a few other DE MFP'ers can do a picnic kind of thing where we bring healthy dishes and walk afterwards or something! Maybe NCCo folks. I am not opposed to driving to Dover, but it is not fun at all lol.

We could meet at Glasgow Park, Battery Park, or Banning Park. We could even do Carousel Park in Pike Creek. (All the parks are great. Carousel is probably my favorite!). Maybe we can each bring one or two friends from MFP!

Just an idea!
  • simplyciera
    simplyciera Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Elsmere!

Yeah....
    We do!

Hey we need to get together! Maybe one weekend, cajosor, me, and a few other DE MFP'ers can do a picnic kind of thing where we bring healthy dishes and walk afterwards or something! Maybe NCCo folks. I am not opposed to driving to Dover, but it is not fun at all lol.

We could meet at Glasgow Park, Battery Park, or Banning Park. We could even do Carousel Park in Pike Creek. (All the parks are great. Carousel is probably my favorite!). Maybe we can each bring one or two friends from MFP!

Just an idea!

Lmfao I'm always down for a potluck type of thing! Or there's the Italian festival! I love those rickety *kitten* build a rides. They're so scary because they look like they're one twirl away from collapsing, but I loveeeeee it :) We'll just skip the vendors...well, some of them lol

Now that I think about it...it's summer. Let's get our workouts in through activity. Maybe some MFP's from DE just want to have fun- walk the boardwalk (and avoid the food because seagulls will attack us anyway), go to amusement parks, museums, all that.
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Dover checking in.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'll stick to running. : ) I love my running club.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Alright +1 for Dover!

Hate running... I got small legs so I take 2 steps for every 1 step another person takes...
  • simplyciera
    Options
    Alright +1 for Dover!

Hate running... I got small legs so I take 2 steps for every 1 step another person takes...

Lol are you also vertically challenged? I think 'short' is a hate word lmfao
    I'm 5'3.5 and I claim that 1/2 inch very adamantly!!!
  • doowop713
    Options
    Elsmere!

Yeah....
    We do!

Just an idea!

Lmfao I'm always down for a potluck type of thing! Or there's the Italian festival! I love those rickety *kitten* build a rides. They're so scary because they look like they're one twirl away from collapsing, but I loveeeeee it :) We'll just skip the vendors...well, some of them lol

Now that I think about it...it's summer. Let's get our workouts in through activity. Maybe some MFP's from DE just want to have fun- walk the boardwalk (and avoid the food because seagulls will attack us anyway), go to amusement parks, museums, all that.

Love this idea! Greek Festival, Italian Festival, Parks, Beaches, and lots more! Awesome! I've always wanted to do a picnic kind of thing too. I'd just have to have a big blanket for the ground (or a folding chair) and some mosquito repellant lol
  • simplyciera
    Options
    Elsmere!

Yeah....
    We do!

Just an idea!

Love this idea! Greek Festival, Italian Festival, Parks, Beaches, and lots more! Awesome! I've always wanted to do a picnic kind of thing too. I'd just have to have a big blanket for the ground (or a folding chair) and some mosquito repellant lol
    Yes! Lets do that. I'm learning so many new recipes! Last night, I made honey turkey chops. They were SOOOO good! I can make twice baked italian wings, mango chicken, etc... I'm good at chicken and turkey. I don't cook many sides. Mostly because I've been eating raw veggies or salad as the side, but if someone knows great recipes that's awesome!!!
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Rain rain go away.... I'd like to hit the gym hard and dry today <_<;
  • simplyciera
    Options
    Rain rain go away.... I'd like to hit the gym hard and dry today <_<;

I know...it totally put a damper on the errands I had to run. I'd leave the car & my face would be covered in water lmfao
    good thing I like the rain....when I'm inside a warm house at least; perfect reading weather :)
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hey, get to the gym! If I can run 11 miles in the rain, you can make it out to the gym!
  • hdean1989
    hdean1989 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi all just wanted to check in Dover here :) always down to walk or bike ride if anyone is interested! I need to get in to weights but looking for a buddy :)
  • splutschak
    splutschak Posts: 17
    Options
    Caroline County Maryland! Right next door to the line!
  • bmoroccan
    Options
    Wilmington checking in !
  • kelsb3211
    kelsb3211 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I know this post is a little old but Im new to the group and looking for some fitness buddies in the newark/wilmington/new castle delaware area. I would really love to meet up with others who are interested in running (just completed c25k in October but took some time off and starting over) or maybe walking or a gym partner (PF membership). Anything that is active! If anyone is interested let me know or feel free to friend me!
  • doowop713
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I know this post is a little old but Im new to the group and looking for some fitness buddies in the newark/wilmington/new castle delaware area. I would really love to meet up with others who are interested in running (just completed c25k in October but took some time off and starting over) or maybe walking or a gym partner (PF membership). Anything that is active! If anyone is interested let me know or feel free to friend me!

Gotchya! FR you now! I'm in the New Castle area. Very close to Old New Castle! I am not an avid runner, but have completed about 4 5k's. Not awesome, but my best time was about 45 minutes. Might have been 44.5, but I can't exactly remember. I'm trying to just stay active to lose some weight and eat better.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I live in North Wilmington. Any runners doing the Delaware Marathon in May? Always a fun event!
  • doowop713
    Options
    I just saw something about the marathon online today Kath712! .... unfortunately, a 5k is hard enough for me. A marathon would literally kill me. I'm sure there are some folks on here participating, though!
  • vivelabookworm
    vivelabookworm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I know this post is a little old, but I'm new to the group and thought I would pop in to say hi! I live in Wilmington and work out at the Central Y. I'm starting C25K soon, so if you run in Brandywine Park, you might see me. :)
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    HELLO DELAWAREANS!!! Is everyone ready to ring in 2016?? I wish you all an amazing New Year! May it be full of clothing in your size marked down to extreme clearance prices, easy commutes to work with no annoying jerks on the roads, fresh new exercise that invigorates and motivates you, and delicious (but healthy!) foods!! Feel free to add me as a friend this year--I need all the help I can get!
    Dani :)