Is anyone else excited...

Options
2»

Replies

• mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Not a fan - 5 am runs just get darker and the heart rate stays higher because there are more night critters out still trying to get their last snack in before sunrise.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Dreading daylight savings! I am sleep training my 4 y.o. currently. This daylight savings business is just going to slow our progress! I bet she'll be back to climbing out of bed every hour instead of every 3 hours as she gets used to it!

And I run at lunch. It's always daylight then.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Sigh. For some of us who like to run early morning before the work day begins, it means staying in the gym on the boring treadmill another few weeks. But within another month of so, there will be plenty of light before and after work for a lot of us.

Screw that! Just because it's dark, doesn't mean you can't run outside. Get a headlamp and a reflective vest. :wink:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I hate daylight savings time but it's got nothing to do with running. The position of the sun in the sky doesn't affect whether or not I run.

I just think it's stupid and don't like it.
  • laurasuzanne2006
    laurasuzanne2006 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This!!! All my life i've been anti daylight savings.................and last year i finally moved to Arizona where we simply don't do it :)
    No, no, no, no! A thousand times no. Daylight Savings Time should be abolished. There is no good reason for it!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hmm well move to AZ we have great trail runs and no daylight savings all you haters of Daylight savings haha
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that DST starts! My running group can use the Greenway again, without the rent-a-cops being doushes and kicking us off.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Generally a morning runner, so really does nothing for me. But I run outside whether dark or light, just love being outdoors!
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Not a pro or con for DST. Running outside at 4 a.m. it is dark all year round!