Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• nh38318
    nh38318 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    W8D2 completed today. Just one more day left! Had to run 28 minutes today but kept going as I felt good and wanted to see If I could reach 5k before needing to stop. And I DID!! Took me 38 minutes in total to run 5K but I did it....feeling happy. Will work on my speed over the next few months.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Repeated Week 1 Day 1 on the treadmill. I may be slow and look ridiculous, but I’m doing it! :)

Right on! Keep at it, and you will totally surprise yourself. :flowerforyou:

W9D1 tomorrow! My last run was supposed to be 5minWU, 28minRUN, 5minCD.... but I may have run for 30 mins anyway. :devil: Bring it on, Week 9!!
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and just started the c25k yesterday, but after serving jury duty alllllll day today now I'm finally out it's raining like crazy sooo I may repeat day 1 week 1 tomorrow just as a refresher and continue..... but I will be working out which I am about to do now :-)

Great job for getting started! I completed W2 D1 yesterday, and the biggest take-a-way that I have is the difference between running on the treadmill and terrain. The treadmill is a lot easier. I am not a huge outdoors person, but I will be training at least once a week on "mother earth!":laugh:
  • kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did not want to go run this morning. I talked myself into it, and I felt wonderful when I was finished. I was dreading the W2 D1. It was a little harder than last week, but not nearly as bad as I had let myself believe it to be. Now I just looked at next week, and seeing a full three minute run, when 90 seconds feel so difficult is scaring me to death! I guess I will be having some long talks with myself ... again!
  • kammyrios
    Options
    Repeated Week 1 Day 1 on the treadmill. I may be slow and look ridiculous, but I’m doing it! :)

W9D1 tomorrow! My last run was supposed to be 5minWU, 28minRUN, 5minCD.... but I may have run for 30 mins anyway. :devil: Bring it on, Week 9!!
  • kammyrios
    Options

WAY TO GO!! I can't wait to be there!
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2 complete.
    It's weird to think that from now on, there are no walking breaks.
    It's a little milestone. By the end of March I'll be running the 30 mins! Hard to believe.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    For everybody who's graduating and wants to work on speed: all you need to do at this point is keep running. You will notice yourself running faster over the next few months as your body continues to adapt to running.

My best advice to you is to keep getting out there, keep running and keep adding a mile a week until you hit at least 15 miles a week. You don't need to kill yourself trying to go fast. The conversational pace you've been using will get you there just as quickly.

Starting to work on a 10k program is an efficient way to get faster. If you do a program that focuses on the 5k distance, which is also fine, you'll find yourself running 6 miles for your long run in about three months anyway. Your body needs miles to continue growing as a runner at this point. Just keep running :)
  • nh38318
    nh38318 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For everybody who's graduating and wants to work on speed: all you need to do at this point is keep running. You will notice yourself running faster over the next few months as your body continues to adapt to running.

My best advice to you is to keep getting out there, keep running and keep adding a mile a week until you hit at least 15 miles a week. You don't need to kill yourself trying to go fast. The conversational pace you've been using will get you there just as quickly.

Starting to work on a 10k program is an efficient way to get faster. If you do a program that focuses on the 5k distance, which is also fine, you'll find yourself running 6 miles for your long run in about three months anyway. Your body needs miles to continue growing as a runner at this point. Just keep running :)

Thanks for this advice, yesterday I ran my 1st 5k complete in 38 mins 16 seconds. Not fast I know but im going to stick at the same pace for now and just try to increase my mileage each week as you suggest. Is it better to do 5k 4 times a week or try and run 3 times a week but a longer distance? I have been doing 2 miles or so 5 times a week for last 2wks whilst going through the C25k.....Any other advice is much appreciated.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Finished W6D2. It was harder for me than the 20 min run. I don't understand why, unless I was trying to run at a faster pace. (That may also explain why I've a little pain in my leg when I move today -- am hoping it's not shin splits.)
  • chachabear79
    chachabear79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I finally hit the 3.2 miies today, with the help of my brother/running partner. It took us 40 min. .we did some walking, running and speed burst. It felt great, I rewarded myself with a super long stretching routine.:happy:
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Week 1 Day 2 done on the treadmill again!
  • kammyrios
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 done! Legs are sore... Hope this gets easier! How many old, fat, ladies in their right mind decide to do this? LOL Well I don't care what anyone says... I am trying! I am determined to continue until I can't... Keep up the good work everyone! I know many say it, but I really mean it: IF I CAN DO THIS, ANYONE CAN!!! Have a wonderful day!!
  • chelseafisher5648
    chelseafisher5648 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I plan to start today an as my work day is coming close to an end I really not feeling it. :( I know if I don't it will be the same thing tomorrow. I also know when I started it before I felt awesome after I left. So y the feel of talking myself into not going? N how do I get past feeling that way.
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Week 6 is complete! I had a slow pace but strong run this morning. It's only 2.7km but I'm proud of each one. This is all on the treadmill, which I think helps a lot with keeping a solid pace. I'm nervous about getting outside and moving. But we will have to come out of this deep freeze before that happens.
    On to Week 7!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Just finished the program last Sunday... running my first 5k this Saturday....Hopefully the weather will be nice and the snow is over!!!
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    been weight training and doing the odd spot of cardio for 3 years. started C25K monday and have managed to storm through a session every day without too much bother. did w2d2 today, will be mainly on treadmill but hoping to do 1-2 runs a week outside
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I plan to start today an as my work day is coming close to an end I really not feeling it. :( I know if I don't it will be the same thing tomorrow. I also know when I started it before I felt awesome after I left. So y the feel of talking myself into not going? N how do I get past feeling that way.

You just have to do it! Once you get started, you won't believe how it makes you feel.

Inspiration here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Just finished the program last Sunday... running my first 5k this Saturday....Hopefully the weather will be nice and the snow is over!!!

Congratulations! You must be so proud of yourself, and rightfully so! :happy:

I've got W9D2 tonight, hot yoga tomorrow to limber up, and then W9D3 on Sunday. I am thrilled to be so close! My 5K race is on March 16th. :smile:
  • roxy_dolly
    roxy_dolly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did W3D1 tonight. Definitely a more noticeable jump in running duration after weeks 1 & 2. But I did it! Time felt like it passed much more quickly with longer runs, I was so shocked when the app told me I was at the halfway point. I think, just THINK...I might be loving this a little bit ????