Fit Test Results 1,2,3

Options
dabucks
dabucks Posts: 82 Member
Here's a summary of my Insanity journey going into month 2:

Starting Weight: 222
Current Weight: 212.4
Goal Weight 190

Didn't take other measurements, but I'm down at least a pant size and shirts are fitting/hanging better. I will take measurements tomorrow before I start month 2.

1. Swtich Kicks: 43 - 60 - 68
2. Power Jacks: 38 - 50 - 55
3. Power Knees: 61 - 78 - 89
4. Power Jumps: 21 -31 - 42
5.Globe Jumps: 5 - 9 - 9
6. Suicide Jumps: 4 - 9 - 13
7. Push Up Jacks: 13 - 24 - 29
8. Low Plank Obliques: 32 - 44 - 58

So far I'm very happy with the results - and in the last 2 weeks the weight has really started to drop and I'm noticing a decent amount of change in my body. I can't wait to ramp it up for month 2!

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Wowza!!!! You are KILLING these fit tests!! If thats not digging dee I dont know what the hell is!! Keep this train Rolling!!!
  • dabucks
    Options
    I left it all out there that's for sure. I felt like puking at the end. On power jumps I used Tania's method of doing ten quick - rest and ten quick and rest. That helped a lot.

For me anything that deals with going to the floor and getting back up quick kills me - like the suicide jumps and globe jumps. My legs and core have always been my strength, my arms, chest, shoulders lag behind some. (And too much fat - damn beer)

Tomorrow I'm gonna need you guys after I do my first month two workout. I'm expecting the biggest beat down of my life! Lol
  • joehempel
    Options
    I did that for my power jumps this past time too. I always go real low in the squat and finally it clicked....wait a minute...shes jumoing from up high!! So I did that too lol

Good luck with Day 1....its gonna be AWESOME!
  • dabucks
    Options
    wait a minute...shes jumoing from up high!! So I did that too lol

Good luck with Day 1....its gonna be AWESOME!

LMAO I saw that and thought - hey she's cheating by not going all the way down! but then again if the infallible Tania can do it that way, so can I!
  • dabucks
    Options
    Fit Tests Results 4: So happy with my results here!

1. Swtich Kicks: 43 - 60 - 68 - 76
    2. Power Jacks: 38 - 50 - 55 - 59
    3. Power Knees: 61 - 78 - 89 - 103
    4. Power Jumps: 21 -31 - 42 - 52 (BEAT TANIA)
    5.Globe Jumps: 5 - 9 - 9 - 9
    6. Suicide Jumps: 4 - 9 - 13 -16
    7. Push Up Jacks: 13 - 24 - 29 - 34 (BEAT TANIA)
    8. Low Plank Obliques: 32 - 44 - 58 - 60

Measurement changes since month 2 started (2 weeks ago)
    Weight dropped 2 lbs (210.4 and I think I'm retaining some water)
    Neck: -.25"
    Chest: -1"
    Waist: -.5" (conservative)
    Handles: -1.25" (I measured this because I hate them)
    Thigh: -.25"

I'm starting to notice a lot more leanness/definition in my quads, shoulders, neck, chest, waist, and my handles are starting to go away. The fit test proves I'm getting a hell of a lot stronger, not to mention my form is 100 times better than when I started. My cardio is probably the best it has ever been, in all honesty. I may not be as lean as I was in high school or early college, but I know I can run a lot further and beat the crud out of my junior self lol. 2 months ago I would have laughed at that thought, I was *almost* a lost cause back then fitness wise.

I still have a long way to go, but if I feel this good now..... I can't wait till I see the changes that happens in the future.
  • dabucks
    Options
    I'm not sure if these pictures will post from flicker... but here's one of me and my son after the two workouts and the other is the screenshot of my HRM app showing my record caloric burn for 1 insanity workout.

28u41sk.jpg

2d14txx.jpg
  • dabucks
    Options
    LOL I thought I knew how to post pics, sorry....
  • rjlkat
    rjlkat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Your results are awesome; congrats!

Have you changed your calories/nutrition plan?
  • joehempel
    Options
    Some mighty large images, can you resize them with tinypic?

Either way, dude, you got your damn sweat on for sure!!

28u41sk.jpg

2d14txx.jpg
  • AmyTyo
    AmyTyo Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey! I'm on month two of insanity too!! Tomorrow is my fit test #4. I went down on most things on my fit test #3. I think I must have felt lousy that day, or not ate enough! And that first hour workout after was horrible! I almost considered not continuing with month 2, and just doing 1 again, but I kept going on. So tomorrow I'm very anxious to see how my results turn out. I hope my results are like yours!! I'll share mine tomorrow.