That first game that made you a gamer.

Options

Replies

• linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My first game was Super Mario Bros for the NES. As a kid I always had a game system and enjoyed playing games. But I was just a casual player until Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That game was a fantastic experience, and it drove me to seek out further deep experiences from gaming.

I now play mostly single player games with RPG elements. Recent favorites have included the Mass Effect series, the Fable series, and the Elder Scrolls series.
  • klwxx
    klwxx Posts: 39
    Options
    I kinda started playing a few games at the same time. My dad got me Resi Code Veronica X when it was new out so I was 6 years old...good parenting right there...

But the things that really got me into games were early pokémon games on GB Colour, and Zelda. Link's Awakening was great. ^_^
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Super Mario World.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Mickey Mouse for Intellivision.

Then I got a Sega Genesis. Played Sonic 2 and never stopped gaming ever since.

I wish I was lucky enough to own my own Super Nintendo as a kid, but I would always go over to friend's houses and my cousin's and play theirs. :)
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Man... there were so many great games that captured my mind when I was a kid and teenager. Definitely the Zelda games... that gold cartridge, lol. Metroid... later on, X-Com and the first Civilization game. Oh and the first Sim City. The first Final Fantasy...
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    :laugh: The first game I was obsessed with was Super Mario Brothers 2, then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project, then Ocarina of Time <--- literally months of my life were consumed by OoT.

Currently it's Skyrim. I just can't get enough of it!
  • jcubedatund
    jcubedatund Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure on NES....totally geeky but I loved it.
  • dreams4sale
    Options
    That one game that's super old that I used to play on my grandpa's Mac, something about, "into the manhole" or something.
  • Skylark74
    Skylark74 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bubble Bobble & Chuckie Egg off of a cassette on some kind of green screen Amstrad and various other games of that ilk .
    My first MMO was Disney's Toon Town - I just loved being able to throw pies or drop anvils on the mobs.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Elite on the BBC B!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few #90s kid

Mario, Sonic, Kirby, Zelda, Mickey Mania: The TImeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Frankly, I'd leave the title screen running for the music xD), FIFA '94 and a few others.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    First Game was Super Mario Bros.

First Game that made me gamer was probably Final Fantasy 1 and then revived hard with Final Fantasy 7 and it snowballed from there.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    The original Sonic The Hedgehog on Mega Drive. Never looked back after that.
  • Yabiwaz
    Yabiwaz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Dino Spell on the pc was my first game that I can remember (I was about 5 at the time). My dad had a bunch of CDs that had lots of software including games on them which were fun.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Zork
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    My parents owned a grocery store when I was 4-5 and they had a Galaga and Ms Pacman in the store...my "babysitter" for an afternoon was giving me 50 cents to play Galaga. I knew how to put in my initials and had all the high scores on the machine. The manager of the company who managed them one day had to come by the store and see who "FUK" (not my real initials) was because it was the highest score he'd ever seen by a long shot...

My mom pointed at a blond curly head kid rocking superman underoos and said "he is"...

Other than that I'd say my biggest accomplishments in gaming are on Mike Tyson's punch out. I've knocked down every fighter with a stomach punch (not as easy as it sounds) and TKOed Tyson in round 2.
  • lucygirl1914
    lucygirl1914 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The first game that made me a gamer was Super Mario Bro. 3 on the NES. (There were a few games before SMB 3, but it was SMB 3 that made me a gamer at the young age of two.) I still take out and play every now and then to celebrate the good times of past gaming.
  • bellustoxicum
    bellustoxicum Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I played games as a kid, but there weren't really any that made me a "gamer" until I started playing Might & Magic VIII. And then came the Sims. I've been a Simmer ever since, as well as an avid (rabid) fan of a few other select titles...
  • irbluebutterfly
    irbluebutterfly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dungeons & Dragons on the C64. I fell in love with the PC at a very young, impressionable age :)
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    NES - Super Mario Bros....havent turned back since :-)