Replies

• AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    W2d3 done, outside
  • kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just did week 3 day 1, I could not finish the last 90 sec run as I did not plan my route well and it ended up being uphill at the end. It was just too hard. My question, do I repete this day or continue as planned? Thanks!
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Started properly today (I made a half-assed attempt with a friend a few weeks ago, we didn't even do all of day 1).

I had only planned on going for a walk but after 5 minutes figured, why not? I did the first half uphill (it's a lovely isolated country area, all the flat areas at too busy for my liking) which was tough but then going downhill was nice. I quite liked it, actually! We're supposed to have good weather for the next week so hoping to get out again maybe Tuesday.
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Back at it after a long hiatus due to the heat (and to be honest about it all, my own laziness!), and went back to W3D1. Completed it without too much trouble, and it did feel good to be back out there running :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I just did week 3 day 1, I could not finish the last 90 sec run as I did not plan my route well and it ended up being uphill at the end. It was just too hard. My question, do I repete this day or continue as planned? Thanks!

Is week 3 day 2 very similar to day 1? I'd say continue as planned if it's similar. If you are unable to finish, then repeat. Make sure you are going slow enough!
  • raelorien
    raelorien Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did my first 5K this past Saturday and it was AMAZING! I am slower than dirt but had such a good time. Looking forward to the next one!
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    week 3 day 1 done, treadmill. runs at 10km/h which still felt reasonably easy in terms of pace. walks at 6km/h
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I graduated this weekend! :bigsmile:

I ran my W9D3 yesterday, and it was excellent. Brisk walking pace of 4.3, and a solid running pace of 6.5 for the whole 30 minutes. To celebrate finishing the program in exactly 9 weeks, my boyfriend and I made some homemade roasted vegetable and chicken pizza, and drank a bottle of wine. :drinker:

My first 5K race is this coming Saturday, then I am going to Cuba for a week and will begin 10K training when I return.

To everyone just starting out - YOU CAN DO THIS. Stick with it, be consistent, listen to your body, and power through. Good luck!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I graduated this weekend! :bigsmile:

I ran my W9D3 yesterday, and it was excellent. Brisk walking pace of 4.3, and a solid running pace of 6.5 for the whole 30 minutes. To celebrate finishing the program in exactly 9 weeks, my boyfriend and I made some homemade roasted vegetable and chicken pizza, and drank a bottle of wine. :drinker:

My first 5K race is this coming Saturday, then I am going to Cuba for a week and will begin 10K training when I return.

To everyone just starting out - YOU CAN DO THIS. Stick with it, be consistent, listen to your body, and power through. Good luck!!

Way to go!

Come on over to the 10k group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/526-bridge-to-10k
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    W3d2 done on treadmill. did most of the running at 10.5km/h however had to dial it down at the end of the last run. Will keep my treadmill pace at 10km/h for the rest of the programme.
  • Link2Life
    Link2Life Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've started - and stopped - and started - and stopped since mid-December. My last break was for 2 weeks due to an injury I got doing 30 Day shred (and also due to laziness).

So..I jumped back on and did W4D1 last night....

I'll keep plugging away at it...it might take me all year at this rate!
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    W3d3 done outside, felt great!
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A few days late but I started W7 today. I was worried but it ended up being a relatively easy run.
    I'm discouraged on my nutrition though. I can't seem to stay on track. No matter how much I work, I won't be outrunning my fork.
  • Sunnydale14
    Options
    W1D1 down! They aren't kidding when they say working out in the morning makes you energised the rest of the day! I was up and out the door at 6am, and I feel amazing now (it's 4.30pm where I am). Definitely going to keep getting my runs in before work, if it makes me feel this good.
    I was pretty slow, but for day 1, I'm not worried.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    W1D1 down! They aren't kidding when they say working out in the morning makes you energised the rest of the day! I was up and out the door at 6am, and I feel amazing now (it's 4.30pm where I am). Definitely going to keep getting my runs in before work, if it makes me feel this good.
    I was pretty slow, but for day 1, I'm not worried.

It doesn't matter how fast you go, still faster than the person sitting on the couch!
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I jumped back on the horse W3D1!
  • Link2Life
    Link2Life Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Woot! I finished 4.2 tonight! Felt awesome afterwards!
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done!
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    w4d1 done - treadmill- felt harder but not too hard
  • luciafernanda
    luciafernanda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did week 5, day 2 yesterday :)

It was easier than w5d1 for me but it was also my slowest run yet. A little nervous about w5d3 tomorrow but I'll go slow and I feel like I can do it.