Need help to get to Ketosis!!!

Options
dperri471
dperri471 Posts: 29 Member
I am relatively new to Keto ..day 9 as of today and I have kept my net carbs under 20g a day but I cannot get my ketostrips to change color. I want to be in Ketosis but not sure if I'm doing something wrong to get there. Can someone help me please??? Any ideas on what I can do to change this and are there any other tests for Ketosis besides the pee strips and the blood meter??

Thank you

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping Kira will wander along soon. She is pretty good at explaining the how's and why's of things.
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, your numbers are spot on!

It can take some people, a week or two to get into Ketosis depending on how much stored glycogen needs to be used up. You can accelerate the process by getting out there for a walk to burn some off to force your body to start ketosis to get more energy.

Have you had any other "symptoms" like waking up and feeling like you could bounce all the way to Mars just to use up your energy? Stinky breath (I don't get that *shrugs*) or metallic taste in your mouth and/or extra stinky pee?
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Your numbers look good overall. Target macros are 70F-25P-5F (I think, if I calculated right).

Let's talk about the meat lasagna, which is on your diary every day. Something here does not add up. A gram of protein and carbs have 4 calories. A gram of fat has 9 calories. When I total up the numbers for the lasagna (6 g carbs, 46g fat, 18 G protein), I get 500 calories - but you're showing 636 calories. Something is off here. If there are really 636 calories, then you are undercounting protein, carbs, or fat. And depending on which are off, that could be a big problem.

My rules of thumb - eat at least as many grams of fat as protein at each meal.
    Keep carbs at 20-30 g (or less), and spread them around the day.
    Try to drink at least 96 oz of water a day.

The scramble and lasagna are both question marks for me. I'm assuming these are recipes that you added? Can you confirm the ingredients? Sometimes an ingredient will stand out as something that can cause problems (low carb tortillas for example).

I once had a pkg of keto strips that I left the cap off, and I think the humidity in the bathroom wrecked them. Maybe buy another package, just in case they are defective.

Have you had any weight loss?