In Keto for 4 weeks and NO weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Asphere79
    Options
    does anyone have any suggestions for good high fat/low protein options to help meet macros. my dieting group has hit a roadblock with avocados.

Assuming you have no issues with dairy, cream of mushroom soup and brocoli cheddar soup I eat 4 times a week (2 of each). Both are filling, high in fat, low in carbs and low in protein. I know the portions may seem large but this is my biggest meal and it's all I eat for the meal. I have 2000 calories/day to work with.........

Broccoli Cheddar Soup
    SINGE SERVING

2 small heads (2 cups) fresh broccoli 0/8/6/40
    1 stalk (1/2 cup) celery - chopped 0/0.5/0.5/8
    1 can chicken stock 0/2/2/20
    1/2 Cup heavy cream 40/0/2.5/400
    1/2 (60 grams) Cup cheddar cheese, shredded 22/0/14/240
    1 1/2 Tbsp butter 16.5/0/0/150
    Pepper to taste

78.5/10.5/25/858
    NO SALT NEEDED

Melt butter in pot.
    Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, and broccoli. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 45 mins or until broccoli is soft.
    Add heavy cream... then add the shredded cheddar. Mix well, if you would like to thicken it up turn up the heat and add Xanthan gum if needed.
    Stir constantly for a few minutes, making sure cheese melts completely.
    Can also use immersion blender once everything is added and well blended.

Makes 2 cups

Cream of Mushroom Soup

SINGLE SERVING

2 portabello mushrooms - chopped 0/6/4/40
    1/2 cup celery - chopped 0/0.5/0.5/8
    2 tablespoons butter 22/0/0/200
    1 cup chicken broth 0/2/2/20
    1/2 cup heavy cream 40/0/2.5/400
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    1/2 tsp Xanthan gum (if needed)
    62/8.5/9/668

In a medium skillet, sauté the mushrooms and celery in the butter until soft. Add the broth and cream. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat a bit use the immersion blender to blend the soup. Continue coooking until thickened (add xanthan gum here if needed), stirring frequently and watching closely so it doesn't boil over. Season to taste.

Makes 3 cups

The numbers above are my macros fat/carbs/protein/calories - just incase anyone is wondering......

Thanks for these. I am going to be all over that broccoli cheddar soup tonight!
  • ABaggett2010
    ABaggett2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    DEF drop the wine. Full of carbs. I drink vodka here and there without any I'll effects
  • huneydrop
    Options
    does anyone have any suggestions for good high fat/low protein options to help meet macros. my dieting group has hit a roadblock with avocados.

Assuming you have no issues with dairy, cream of mushroom soup and brocoli cheddar soup I eat 4 times a week (2 of each). Both are filling, high in fat, low in carbs and low in protein. I know the portions may seem large but this is my biggest meal and it's all I eat for the meal. I have 2000 calories/day to work with.........

Broccoli Cheddar Soup
    SINGE SERVING

2 small heads (2 cups) fresh broccoli 0/8/6/40
    1 stalk (1/2 cup) celery - chopped 0/0.5/0.5/8
    1 can chicken stock 0/2/2/20
    1/2 Cup heavy cream 40/0/2.5/400
    1/2 (60 grams) Cup cheddar cheese, shredded 22/0/14/240
    1 1/2 Tbsp butter 16.5/0/0/150
    Pepper to taste

78.5/10.5/25/858
    NO SALT NEEDED

Melt butter in pot.
    Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, and broccoli. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 45 mins or until broccoli is soft.
    Add heavy cream... then add the shredded cheddar. Mix well, if you would like to thicken it up turn up the heat and add Xanthan gum if needed.
    Stir constantly for a few minutes, making sure cheese melts completely.
    Can also use immersion blender once everything is added and well blended.

Makes 2 cups

Cream of Mushroom Soup

SINGLE SERVING

2 portabello mushrooms - chopped 0/6/4/40
    1/2 cup celery - chopped 0/0.5/0.5/8
    2 tablespoons butter 22/0/0/200
    1 cup chicken broth 0/2/2/20
    1/2 cup heavy cream 40/0/2.5/400
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    1/2 tsp Xanthan gum (if needed)
    62/8.5/9/668

In a medium skillet, sauté the mushrooms and celery in the butter until soft. Add the broth and cream. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat a bit use the immersion blender to blend the soup. Continue coooking until thickened (add xanthan gum here if needed), stirring frequently and watching closely so it doesn't boil over. Season to taste.

Makes 3 cups

The numbers above are my macros fat/carbs/protein/calories - just incase anyone is wondering......

Thanks for these. I am going to be all over that broccoli cheddar soup tonight!

I really love these soups and eat them often as they are filling and so yummy and actually freeze well.

Def use an immersion blender though and I actually add the cheese after I do this so it doesn't get my blender sticky with cheese. I added salt the first time and found it overly salty so I don't add it anymore, I think the cheese has more than enough.
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    One night of drinking wine stalled me for several days. Wine has too many carbs in it in my experience. I just avoid it altogether now and have had no problems since. Even with no carb drinks like vodka, keep in mind when drinking that it stalls your fat burning as the body will prioritize burning the alcohol first. So moderation is the key. It's ok once in a while to have a drink or two (no to low carb), but too often or too much and you're just hampering your progress.

Also cut out the milk. Milk has way too much sugar/carbs in it to be Keto friendly. Try heavy cream or as others have suggested, the bulletproof coffee.

Edit: And as others have said, try lowering your carbs to 20/25g a day. That definitely helped me.
  • dperri471
    dperri471 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow, didn't know that about Splenda.

Thanks for posting this!!!
  • dperri471
    dperri471 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are your carbs listed for the totals on the soup the net carbs? I'm sooo used to always looking for fiber to subtract from my carbs.

Thanks for the recipes - I'm gonna make one of those tonight!!!!!
  • huneydrop
    huneydrop Posts: 84
    Options
    Are your carbs listed for the totals on the soup the net carbs? I'm sooo used to always looking for fiber to subtract from my carbs.

Thanks for the recipes - I'm gonna make one of those tonight!!!!!

Yes my carbs are net carbs.

I make large batches of these, let them cool then pour into zip locks and freeze - easiest lunches ever!!
  • wibamagirl
    wibamagirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Total energy expended I think.
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain about giving up alcohol. I loved my Chardonnay after work but it just isn't worth it. I gave up all alcohol when I decided to go with LCHF, except when I went on vacation for four days and boy did I pay for it! Gained back 5 hard won pounds! I honestly don't miss it but when you're out with friends I know it's hard.
  • teddiebare
    teddiebare Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a sweetener problem, and one of the best things I found on Amazon was EZ Sweetz. It's liquid sucralose, so good for those who like Splenda. The liquid form has zero carbs, and is stupid sweet. Two drops is the same as 1 packet of splenda, and the small bottles have 400 servings (800 drops total). I use it in fat bombs, coffee, avocado jello, etc. You can bake with it, it's great. I know sweeteners aren't the best, but that's one thing I haven't been able to completely cut out yet.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Definately going to try the soup recipes
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight, you really should focus on your calories and how accurately you're tracking things (get a food scale and use it). Adding more fat, cutting out certain foods, etc. are almost certainly not going to help you lose weight.

As for wine, I find red wine fits pretty nicely into keto macros, at least in moderation.