calories burned

Options
tigergem86
tigergem86 Posts: 59 Member
Found this and thought i would share. The actual calorie ranges i find online varie soo much im going to get a polar hrm tonight. I WANT to know how hard im actually working. I found on fitchick.com 145cals for total body circuit, 158 for speed 1.0, 185 for alpha cardio, 109 for lower focus, and 150 for ab interval, these were inputed by people so i have no idea what their stats were.

How Many Calories Do You Burn Doing Focus T25?

The actual number is going to be different for everyone BUT this is my average calorie burn for each of the workouts. I use a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) with a chest strap that constantly monitors heart rate during the workouts so it’s a good estimate. Remember, gender, height, weight, and exertion will affect YOUR calorie burn. For reference I am 5’7″ and weight 142 pounds.

Alpha Cycle:

Cardio – 265
Speed 1.0 – 260
Total Body Circuit – 280 (this is in my opinion the most challenging but BEST Alpha workout!)
Ab Intervals – 215
Lower Focus – 200

Beta Cycle:

Core Cardio – 270
Speed 2.0 – 255
Rip’t Circuit – 230
Dynamic Core – 235
Upper Focus – 235

Replies

• fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 as well, I got it the other day so have only used it for Total Body Circuit and Ab Intervals so far. Mine were 346 for TBC and 261 for abs (I really pushed myself during the cardio stuff). I'm 32, female, 180 pounds and 5'7" so that obviously impacts my numbers, plus as well how hard you go at it.
  • tigergem86
    Options
    I just bought one! i expedited shipping so should get it before i start week 2! Its nice to know how much you are actually burning. plus you can play games with yourself to try to push harder next time to burn more calories
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I have polar ft7 I'm 23 5'3 150lbs average hr 172 max hr 182 calories burned 360 this was for day1 cardio I push through most workout took breaks when needing not going over 15 seconds but kept moving during breaks by walking in place my chest did hurt when my hr would get to high so that's when I took breaks hr monitor was def a good investment I made
  • savoy815
    savoy815 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 32, 5'9 and 175. I typically burn around 325 - 350 per workout for the 25 minutes. But I let my HRM run until my hear rate drops to under 100 (typically an extra 15 minutes) and I end up somewhere between 450 and 500 total.
  • tigergem86
    Options
    I got my HRM on Monday and love wearing it. Its exciting to see the heart rate jump up when i really push myself and dont stop for a breather. It does not do well with all the planking stuff in the total body circuit. i lost my heart rate at least 3 times yesterday. Today in the cardio i got 340 and yesterday in speed 1.0 i fot 305 and total body was 274
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It makes a huge difference having one I think. Not just for accuracy, but I find it spurs me on a bit too.
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and love it. Love seeing all those calories burning and it's very motivating !