Options
cmay89
cmay89 Posts: 337 Member

^^^^Could things be getting a little heavy this week??? Please say yes. T-minus 1.5 hours til we know!! Fingers crossed for 14.3

(totally wishful thinking... like they'd do heavy(er) weight in the Open... psh... keep dreaming girly)

Replies

• alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would love some heavy clean and jerks...but I feel like we are in for muscle ups where every rep means about 100 spots on the leaderboard!

For those who did 14.2 , this is a cool set of stats to see where you stack up based on gender or masters.
  • cmay89
    Options
    I'M SO HAPPPPPYYY!!!!!!!!
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'M SO HAPPPPPYYY!!!!!!!!

Absolutely! Finally some heavy lifting! Right up my alley!!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Workout 14.3
    8 minute AMRAP:
    10 deadlifts, 135 / 95 lb.
    15 box jumps, 24 / 20 inch
    15 deadlifts, 185 / 135 lb.
    20 deadlifts, 225 / 155 lb.
    25 deadlifts, 275 / 185 lb.
    30 deadlifts, 315 / 205 lb.
    35 deadlifts, 365 / 225 lb.

Yay deadlifts!!!
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Arghhh well we have some heavy lifting which is great, but I hate WODs that make you change weights each set. Gets so confusing, even for the pros!! Looks like this one is going to hurt on Monday, especially after doing heavy deadlifts AND a deadlift/burpee WOD today. Yikes.
  • cmay89
    Options
    140 reps!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back in this now. Yayyyyyyyy
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I guess we got tired of blowing our achilles...let's see how many discs we can rupture around the world! woo!

"Let's combine the two movements that produce the highest injury rates" - Castro.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Some advice for this "Don't be dumb". Even if you are thinking you'd make it to regionals or something remember you still need to be well enough to do two more workouts!
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    hahaha. Stacie Tovar's thoracic rounding was something. an excellent example of how NOT to deadlift!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I guess we got tired of blowing our achilles...let's see how many discs we can rupture around the world! woo!

"Let's combine the two movements that produce the highest injury rates" - Castro.

I tend to agree. I'll be doing step ups in all likelihood.

1. To save my Achilles
    2. To save my legs for the deadlifts.

The one or two seconds per round that jumping would get me isn't going to matter that much in the end.

Once I get to 275 or so things will get very sloppy. Our coaches have already said they will be stopping people if their form is too crappy.
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I did the workout and got 90. Stupid box jumps wore me out. I probably wont try that again until Monday.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Got 80. I didn't try to be a hero though - stepped up on the box after the first round to save my legs.

So far, my back feels fine. And......another PR! 155# is no longer my one rep max.
  • nikirtehsuxlol
    nikirtehsuxlol Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    omg my back is going to feel this one.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    P.S. This is probably going to be me later...

hC6FC5A28
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Won't get to do this until Monday . . . but I am glad it consits of 2 elements that I can actually do well !!!

Good Luck to everybody - Lift safe :-)
  • itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Got 98, and a PR on my deadlift 185#....I'm happy with that. We did have a "I will no rep bad form" conversation from our coach this morning....which was a good reminder. I was so happy to finally have a WOD where I could actually do both movements un-scaled...

Be careful out there!
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    115. Was hoping for 100+ Will not do this one again :)
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    93, but stepped up to save my poor knees. Excellent WOD and I would love to try that again, but am going out of town this weekend!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I got 96. My PR is 215 so that I got 6 at 185 was really cool. Ended up kicking my shoes off in the middle of the 155s and noticed how my form felt better once I did. Since I was doing step-ups, it wasn't a bother to do them in socks. Will definitely be looking at new shoes this weekend.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    My favorite WOD ever! 103:love: . Feel pretty good considering I'm a 41 year old lady who has only been CF'ing for 5 months! :smile: Excited! My 1 rm is over 205 but I didn't get there in the time allotted. I felt really strong though and like I could have gone longer. Good job everyone!:flowerforyou:

I actually did think my 1 rm was 205 so since I got 13 at 185 and ran out of time, I feel like I should try to get a new PR on that soon!