Newbie here!

Options
Justina0535
Justina0535 Posts: 7 Member
So I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this and if not anyone who can direct me elsewhere would be greatly appreciated! I've been doing the whole30 for about a week now and following it strictly per the guidelines and I am a tad bit confused. I really don't feel much better at all. I still feel bloated and uncomfortable, my acne has actually gotten way worse! Is this a normal thing? Is my body just trying to get acclimated to eating only whole foods compared to eating processed crap? I still plan on finishing I am just curious if all of this will get better. Thank you!

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Yes, you may actually feel worse before you feel better. That's why you need to follow it strictly for at least a month and some people benefit from longer.

As long as you are eating enough healthy food, and depending on your specific health conditions, it might help to tweak how you eat. I eat a high fat/low carb version of Paleo because I have severe metabolic disorders. Higher fat helps a lot of people start feeling better and provides improved satiety. You are likely eating less carbs/sugar than you are used to and the body rebels against that at first; not because you should be eating lots of sugar but because you were used to it and now the body needs to burn more fat for fuel.

I could go on and on but best if someone who is more experienced with Whole30 comments further. I've done 2 but my approach is a bit different than that of the Hartwigs.
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to post the question, lots of Whole30ers and knowledgeable peeps here! You are not gonna feel great for the first week or so. Depending on how you ate before you started will dictate how awful you feel and how much your body has to detox. But that is exactly what is going on, your body is detoxing from all the things you have now cut out. It is perfectly normal. Whole9life, the folk who created the Whole30 compiled a timeline of how you probably will feel during the 30 days. it's not exact for everyone but is pretty close. Read through the website too if you haven't already as well as the forums over at whole30.com

Good Luck!!

http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/
  • Justina0535
    Justina0535 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you both very much! :)
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would definitely advise making sure you eat enough food and fat :) I felt yucky for about 1-1.5 weeks if I remember correctly, then I started to feel a LOT better. But everyone may have a different timeline, depending on their own bodies/health. Good luck! Hang in there :)
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I've done whole30 3 times now.

On my 3rd round (Feb) it took until day 20 for me to feel fantastic. I was feeling very flat, so yes, it can even vary each round.