Suggestions from those who have done it before?

Options
Hi everyone! I don't know how active people in this group are still, but I recently picked up a copy of The Plan as it was referred to me while I was looking up Paleo Autoimmune diets. I've been diagnosed with Multiple Autoimmune Disorder between my psoriasis, hypothyroidism and scleritis. I had success in the past by eliminating most carby foods from my diet along with exercise and calorie counting. I eventually got down to 13 pounds from my goal weight way ahead of time. However, my scleritis became a horrible issue for me August - December and I gained it all back because I legitimately couldn't see to cook my own meals or go anywhere.

This is why I've been heavily researching diets that may tame my immune system.

I was curious if anyone in this group with MAS or autoimmune issues has completed the plan and what your results were? It includes some items I'd be hesitant to work with given my past experience (eg flaxseed, rice, dairy), so I'm concerned about giving it a shot.

Replies

• karyngaffaney
    karyngaffaney Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 10. I do not have diagnosed autoimmune issues, but would be interested to know how the plan went for you. I know two people with auto immune issues, and have thought about them and wondered if this would be good for them. Did you try it? Have you had success?

One friend is in her 40s, and has a small amount of weight to lose. The other person is my aunt, who is 74, and is far too thin. But she has rheumatoid arthritis, and I wonder if it would help her with that.