Tips and Tricks to Share

Options
Have a great tip you think would help one of the other members? Please do share!

Here's a couple that I used when working in an office:
1. Sit on a ball instead of a chair. Helped my back out sooo much.
2. When I wanted candy from my co-workers candy bowl, it cost me a quarter. She had M&Ms in this little dispenser, so every pull was $.25. Slowed me down a lot.

What tips do you have?

Replies

• ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    This is so old school but it helps me so much...I drink 8-16 oz of water first when I have a craving. It gets me full and I realize I am not AS hungry as I thought I was! And if I still want something after guzzling...well I may indulge a TAD and that's it...more water afterwards.
  • girllizzard
    girllizzard Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I think I want sweets, I make sure that I have had at least 3 pieces of fruit that day first. Dried fruit isn't a great substitute because it's easy to overeat on it.
  • WestslopeCutty
    WestslopeCutty Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This one is a bit of a two-fer!

I had a co-worker who's doctor wanted her to get up from her desk and move around every hour. Her means of reminding herself to do so? She drank a lot of water throughout the day. :-)

I, however, struggle with drinking that much plain water, so I add just a splash of lemon or lime juice, or lately, apple cider vinegar. Just enough to give a little flavor, but not be overpowering.
  • aunjerikap
    aunjerikap Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!
    A cool exercise trick is on YouTube( its free)
    The best work out video so far for is Tiffany Rothe.
    You usually see results or feel results in a week. The videos are very short. You do maybe 2 or 3 videos a day.
    Its perfect for people who are trying knock out those last few pounds or inches.
    She is pretty fun!! Music is kind of funny sometimes lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_J8btnIEKQ
  • girllizzard
    girllizzard Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Youtube exercise videos are great. There is something for everybody out there. I haven't tried the one mentioned, but will tomorrow. I have a good yoga video, some Leslie Sansone and a Jillian Michaels abs video that is just plain horrid. (Effective, I would think.)
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great tips guys! Keep em coming! Another tip is to use the crockpot for meals. I find that I can throw some chicken and salsa in there and I have my meal prep done for lunch and dinner for two days. I have read you can even put a young hen/chicken in there as well! I want to try that soon. But I know having some meals done in advance is really helpful for me, especially if they taste yummy but is still healthy.
  • Jeannieclark84
    Jeannieclark84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Recipe is amazing and not too time consuming.

Cilantro Chicken Salad

Chicken Breast - Fresh Boneless Skinless,
    Mayonnaise Light Kraft - Mayonnaise Light Mayo Reduced Fat, 2 tablespoon
    Generic - Onion, Spring or Scallion, Bulb and Top, 1 medium 4 1/8" (15 gm)
    Fresh - Lime Juice, 0.25 tbsp
    General - Fresh Cilantro, Chopped, 0.0625 cup
    Generic - Cumin, Ground 0.15 tsp
    Best Choice - Chili Powder, 0.0375 tsp

This is amazing. I like to put it on top of a spring mix salad. This makes two servings.