Rollcall for current and active Aussie MFPers

Options

Replies

• sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow Aussie here living on the NSW South Coast. Used MFP previously with success - then fell off the wagon big time and put all the weight back on and then some. Trying hard again, always happy to have new friends, send me a request :):)
  • sarahq21
    sarahq21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm back here again!

Started out in April 2011 at 117kg...had some good success losing 35kg over the next year to be at my lowest of 82kg for my wedding in April 2012. After that I stopped logging went on a European adventure and slipped up a little. At the end of January this year I was up to almost 92kg again. Now back to logging my food (this is my difficult area as I love exercising!). Down to 86kg at the moment. Aiming to get down to 75kg by about August this year before we go to Europe again :-)

Some basics:
    - 27yo
    - from Melbourne
    - 5'9" with fairly athletic frame... I think 75kg will be a fair stretch for me!
    - love fitness classes, boxing, circuit training with a bit of weights
    - have had some issues with my calves and knees which has seen me stop playing netball for a little while and also stop running :-( have only had these issues since I've been fitter amazingly!

Always up for some new MFP friends for more ideas and motivation!
  • serendypitee
    Options
    Still here but been off and on for a while due to life stuff. Hoping to get back into the full swing of things once again!
  • noah_mac
    noah_mac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    *waves*
    Still around, still Australian, still fat lol
    currently in queensland and always on the hunt for new buddies so feel free to add :flowerforyou:
  • mejuliehq
    mejuliehq Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Aussies :)
    I'm a YP, South Australian..I Joined MFP in January this year as family members had the app and I thought it was about time I did something serious about losing weight!! I had already started running(well mostly walking to start with) about this time last year with a goal of running the 3km City to Bay in Adelaide that year with family, which I did successfully :)..Anywho.. didn't lose any weight while improving fitness for that, but didn't gain any either which I guess is a positive..and now I can run 10km.
    Started counting calories 7wks ago and are rapt with my losses so far..this app is addictive!!
    Will stop rambling now..Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
  • cassylee
    cassylee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am from Brisbane, 44 and a mum of 2 teenage boys. One will be an adult in a couple of months. Scary.
    I have been on MFP off and on for a long time. I have lost, then gain it back, then lost and then gain. So please feel free to add me.
  • scrapmum4
    scrapmum4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am from Mt Gambier, SA. I am a mum of 4 kids, 15,13,13,10. I have been on MFP for a while, but not fully commited. Now I feel it is the right time. Feel free to add me.
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Brisbane Northsider. Nearly 50yo but getting younger each day !
  • BecMc92
    BecMc92 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey fellow Aussies!
    I'm from the NSW Central Coast and would love some fellow Aussies to share the journey with! Feel free to add :)
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! Joined MFP in August but haven't got really focused until now, joined this group this week, hoping to get a kilo a month off this year, slow but steady without starving myself. Good luck all!
  • mwwillou
    mwwillou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Michael.

I came to Australia in 2011 from America to study (UQ), and have been here since--when I got here, I was around 90kg, 175cm tall--I joined a gym, got a personal trainer, and ended up around 65kg. Felt amazing. Then I graduated, couldn't find a job, got depressed, stopped working out, etc...now I'm back up to 80kg, and want to get down to about 68kg. Just getting started again, but I remembered how much I love lifting weights (although not so much the calorie counting). 28 years old in Brisbane.
  • smash_runs
    smash_runs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lots of you already know me and my story but those that dont feel free to have a gander and add me. If you are looking for someone to motivate you Im one of those guys, my near 700 day logging streak is testamount to that!
  • Neets086
    Neets086 Posts: 60
    Options
    Hey there!! I'm from the beautiful Sunshine Coast! I've been on MFP on and off over the past two years, got so close to goal then the silly season took over :grumble: Aiming to lose 10kg by my friends wedding in October! so feel free to add me.We can motivate each other :smile:
  • crammar
    crammar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, I live in eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Been using MFP for just on 12 months. Dropped from 107kg Down to 77kg in 10 months. Keeps me motivated and on track. Weight training. 5 x week. Walking as much as possible. Currently sitting around 17% BF and want to get under 10% to see what I can really achieve.
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I joined in mid December & my plan is to take off weight slow & steady. Really I just want to eat healthily - the way I can eat for the rest of my life.

I started out at 122.5 kg & have so far dropped 11.5. Very happy with that!

Would love some 'local' friends on here - Anyone from Bendigo (VIC) region? Send me a friend request please.

Naomi
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bumping for any new MFP members that are looking for fellow Aussies to find some support from other Aussies as the cultural divide on MFP is large.
  • kirstyvdk1
    kirstyvdk1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on every day - feel free to add me!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Adeladian here. But I rarely come on this board as it's not busy :disappointed:
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi it's Sue
  • ashleyharrison3914
    Options
    I am 69kg (172cm)- trying to get down to 60kg by the end of this year. I have only started logging again because I am really finding it difficult to get my weight down below that.