Recovery week check in thread

Options
Good morning guys,

Well today's workout was a nice change of pace and even though my heart wasn't in it at first it turned out to be quite enjoyable. I am a little concerned that I may get bored doing the same thing every day but maybe that's a good thing so I'll been ready to go for month 2 at the end of this week.

I took some 4 week measurements and according to my tape measure I've lost about 10-11 inches all over, I don't have a scale so I don't know what that means in terms of scale weight but I'll happily take inches over pounds right now any way.

Have a good week, I hope you are all recovered by the end of it x

Replies

• littlecely
    littlecely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I also enjoyed the new pace but feel that I have to work on control. I haven't taken any measurments lately and the scale has been about the same for a while and gone slightly up this past week but I do feel my clothes fitting more comfortably than before. So, I'm taking that as a win.

Also http://littlecely.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-dose-of-insanity-to-get-me-back-on.html just a shout out to you guys because I love this group!

Yay!
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!!

:)

This workout felt good after being out of it for a few days!!!

I SO have to work on balance! Felt like a hippo trying to do ballet!

Goal: Nail all the moves with all the reps by Saturday!

Have a great week you guys!!!
  • mummybabyjojo
    mummybabyjojo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Today's workout was nice! I still broke a sweat but my heart rate remained in the fat burning zone for more or less the whole workout and i still managed to burn 357 calories which I thought was quite impressive as it wasn't that difficult to do today.

I agree that it might get a bit boring doing it all week but I think my body does need a break from all the intense exercise I was starting to get tired.

I have lost around the same amount I worked it out to be 28cm overall but I haven't really lost any weight but i'll take the loss in cm's over kg's/lbs any day!

Are you guys following the calorie guidelines that the nutrition guide calls for? I've been looking at loads of threads and lots of people have had mixed results so was just wondering what was working for you? I'm a little worried that I might not be eating enough or maybe even too much I'm not too sure. But then again if I've lost 28cm in a month overall then I must be doing something right?

Lol i hate working out calories etc. losing weight is so frustrating at times!

Enjoy your week off the intense cardio everyone :-)
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8 pounds so far since starting! I had my first wedding dress fitting on Saturday and the dress was huge on me! It's going to cost a lot for alterations, but I'm super excited (and nervous) for how it will look when I'm done with 2 rounds of Insanity by my wedding day!
  • NyxButterfly
    NyxButterfly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just did it! It's a nice change of pace. My shoulders hurt from the last exercise. X-x
  • Artificer22
    Artificer22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Shoulders Burners Ugh!!! This is such a nice workout. I thought about adding workouts to this, but Im gonna follow Shauns advice and take it easy this week and focus. Great job everyone, keep it up!!
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Two done, four more to go!
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else still have a hard time keeping up? Like when they do the 8 switch kicks & the 8 squat pulse. Like they've done 8 kicks and I'm still on 6 or so. Or with the warm ups when they are doing the suicides or hiesman I'm so much slower!
  • NyxButterfly
    NyxButterfly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I until there was 17 minutes left and I had to stop. I felt like I was going to be ill... I've confirmed to myself that I should not eat before this workout, even if it's been 2 hours...
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yes! That's why I like doing it in the morning on an empty stomach!
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Done! I like this one... living in fear of next week though :)

Missed yesterday... had a rough night the night before and talked myself into the "you can do it after work" lie.... FAIL!

This morning was great! Did most of the exercises and only had to stop a couple of times because the whole squat and kill your shoulders things is a monster!

Have a great day all!!
  • Artificer22
    Artificer22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of recovery done. My shoulders, chest and abs hurt sooooo bad right now. Means its working right?
  • mummybabyjojo
    Options
    I found today a lot easier than the rest of the week even the shoulder thing at the end wasnt too bad I managed to hold the position up until the last 5 seconds-compared to stopping about 3 times throughout!

I'm pleased we've only got two left to do it is starting to get a little boring doing the same thing every morning. I'm kind of worried as well that my fitness level will decrease and that I wont be able to keep up with month 2 workouts.

Hope you all have a lovely day :-)
  • lauraashley09
    Options
    whoohoo only 2 more recovery days left! i was able to hold every single position for the entire time today!
  • mummybabyjojo
    Options
    I just mistakenly had a look at max interval circuit and omg I am scared! It looks insane I am seriously dreading it now... I might do the fit test on Saturday instead of on Monday as there is no way that i will be able to do both it looks mental..

Good luck lol we're going to need it! - I know i am! :-S eeek!!!
  • Massa519
    Massa519 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm excited & scared for next wk. I haven't lost any weight or inches as of yet but I wont let it stop me, I can last thru the videos now and I am already much stronger. Also everywhere I look I see that the second month is when weight loss mostly kicks in also I just started really watching what I eat and avoiding those lovely evil glasses of wine!!
  • ladym0208
    ladym0208 Posts: 43
    Options
    I just mistakenly had a look at max interval circuit and omg I am scared! It looks insane I am seriously dreading it now... I might do the fit test on Saturday instead of on Monday as there is no way that i will be able to do both it looks mental..

Good luck lol we're going to need it! - I know i am! :-S eeek!!!

Ahhhh I have had to stop myself from doing this as I know I will be freaking out!!!! Oh well I am sure we will be fine...I remember thinking I wouldn't be able to get through month one and look where we all are now, and we have some fantastic support on here!!! As Shawn T says "look at the power, look at the power" we got this y'all onwards and upwards to month 2 xx
  • lauraashley09
    Options
    one more recovery! we got this