Anyone aiming for a Trifecta in 2014?

I think I'm going to give it a shot! Now that there's going to be a Super in the Boston area, it's much more doable. I was already planning on the Beast, Amesbury Sprint, and the Fenway Time Trials. It's going to be a fun 2014 :)

Replies

• ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Yep. Sprint in Charlotte in March, Asheville or Virginia for Super (pre-reg mode right now) and Beast in first of November in the Charlotte area. Also planning on a Rugged Maniac in April and Tough Mudder in the fall. Gonna be a fun year!!!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    I'm going to get the Trifecta in 2014 Doing the Sprint and Beast in Charlotte. Not sure where I'm going to do a Super at. I'm thinking it might be a good excuse for a weekend road trip somewhere.
  • I finished the Carolina Beast last month, and I am going to get the Trifecta this coming year. Can't wait!
  • Hey all! I'm shooting for a triple trifecta !
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Thanks for the group add summertime. I think I'll just aim for the single-fecta this year since I'm just getting interested. After the first, I'll probably be addicted though. lol
  • schlange11b
    schlange11b Posts: 105 Member
    I'm definitely going for the trifecta this year, hopefully all in Texas!
  • weliveaswedream
    weliveaswedream Posts: 56 Member
    I'm starting my Trifecta with the Temecula Sprint this weekend! Best of luck to everyone attempting their trifecta this year!
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    I'm starting my Trifecta with the Temecula Sprint this weekend! Best of luck to everyone attempting their trifecta this year!

Do tell me what it is like after you complete it. I'm nervous about my first one in May and would love to hear about the obstacles that your race had in it!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Just bought my 2014 season pass!
  • weliveaswedream
    weliveaswedream Posts: 56 Member
    The SoCal Sprint was my third Spartan race. I've also complete the Malibu Sprint and the Vegas Super.

SoCal was a lot of fun. The weather was beautiful. There were no obstacles I hasn't seen before -- 6 and 8 foot walls, inverted wall, traverse wall, Herculean hoist, rope climb, spear throw, sand carry, tractor pull, tire flips, slippery wall, fire jump, gladiators, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. The hills were pretty gnarly but not as bad as Malibu since it rained the whole time there, which made everything extra slippery.

My next race will be the Vegas Super in April. Aroo!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    My first of the year will be the NYC Citi-Field Sprint in April. Getting excited! I have a ton of weekends blocked off for races now :)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    The SoCal Sprint was my third Spartan race. I've also complete the Malibu Sprint and the Vegas Super.

SoCal was a lot of fun. The weather was beautiful. There were no obstacles I hasn't seen before -- 6 and 8 foot walls, inverted wall, traverse wall, Herculean hoist, rope climb, spear throw, sand carry, tractor pull, tire flips, slippery wall, fire jump, gladiators, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. The hills were pretty gnarly but not as bad as Malibu since it rained the whole time there, which made everything extra slippery.

My next race will be the Vegas Super in April. Aroo!

I did the Temecula one too!

Aiming for for 2 trifectas. One being a Temeculafecta.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Yup I'm doing that and Fenway for a combined total of $50. AND I just found the shoe to do it in http://shop.reebok.com/us/content/all-terrain-series
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Trifecta planned-

Tri State Sprint- Tuxedo NY
    Super- Vernon, NJ
    Beast- Killington, VT

Super excited.... Team Blood, Sweat, and a Whole Lot of Beer is going to be all trifecta girls :) yay!!
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Hey all! I'm shooting for a triple trifecta !
    You are an animal!

I got my first Trifecta last year so this year I am shooting for a double. Charlotte Sprint this week, Asheville and Virginia Supers, Carolina and California Beast and I'll need to find one more sprint to complete the double. 2014 will certainly be a good year!
  • Joreanasaurous
    You are an animal!

I got my first Trifecta last year so this year I am shooting for a double. Charlotte Sprint this week, Asheville and Virginia Supers, Carolina and California Beast and I'll need to find one more sprint to complete the double. 2014 will certainly be a good year!

Which California Beast? Monterey or Temecula?
  • ChangingAmanda
    You are an animal!

Couldn't you run both days at Charlotte?
  • ChangingAmanda
    I was going to try for Trifecta this year but family plans nixed the Carolina Beast (as well as Tough Mudder. WTF for TM and Spartan scheduling both on the same weekend as the Marine Corp Marathon). I've also had some setbacks this winter and don't feel comfortable running Charlotte Sprint so I'm just volunteering this time around. May also volunteer for Virginia Super and continue to bank free races for 2015.

And it looks like volunteering this weekend is going to be very interesting. Spartan just posted that every single obstacle is going to be water based and they've had to move parking off-site due to all the mud. http://spartanrace.tumblr.com/post/80168377816/a-freak-cold-air-damming-in-eastern-states-has
  • Joreanasaurous
    I saw pictures they posted of the flooding. Looks like it will be interesting. Wish I could be there.
  • captainheadkick
    captainheadkick Posts: 27 Member
    I'm hoping to do the Warrior Dash, Badass Dash, and a Tough Mudder this year. More if I can find them and schedule them in.