Week 8 Weigh In (10-16 March)

Options
SkimFlatWhite68
SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
Hi there Challengers and welcome to Week 8 - only 5 weeks to go!!.

I honestly believe that weight loss is NOT just about the number on the scale, it's about having the right mental attitude as well, so please remember to read your goals and affirmations EVERY DAY to remind yourself why you are doing this! I've included some extra questions below, you don't have to answer them if you don't want to - but keeping a positive focus and congratulating yourself for the small things that you do every week is a good way to keep the ball rolling and progressing to your end point.

Achieve your nutrition and fitness goals every day and you WILL reach your 12 week goal. Start with the end in mind!!

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Name:
Challenge Starting Weight:
Goal Weight:

Today's Weight:
Weight loss this week:

Today's Measurements:
Bicep:
Chest:
Waist:
Hips:
Thigh:

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week?

How do you feel?

List 3 things you are grateful for?

What are you going to improve on next week?

Progress photos (optional)

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I did weigh myself this morning and was horrified. :noway: I feel like crap today to be quite honest.

I could blame it on a million things, but really I just need to get some focus back. My hand injury has stopped me doing upper body weights, but I can still do legs and walk/run HIIT so that's the exercise that I will be doing this week. This week my fitness goals are to do 3 x leg workouts and 2 x HIIT training sessions, plus the usual 10,000+ steps every day.

And I'll concentrate on getting my diet back on track. I've been having a wheat and sugar binge (again). Completely lost the determination that I had last year for some reason... Probably need to give myself a good talking to! I'm stressed at work and have a few family dramas going on but you know, I had those last year as well, so I'm just BSing myself.

I'm grateful for my wonderful friends (caught up with some on the weekend I haven't seen for a while), my beautiful home which is my sanctuary, and the abundance of goodness that surrounds me. I'm really very fortunate in many areas of my life, and I'm also fortunate enough to realise it.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello lovelies,

So spend most of the week in Canberra at meetings and then my bestie swung down from Sydney and we spent 2 days having our own Hedonist Festival - tonnes of good food and way too much wine! Expected a gain so I guess I should not be disappointed with not particularly moving anywhere this week.

Name: Donna
    Challenge Starting Weight: 77.5
    Goal Weight: 72

Today's Weight: – 77.3
    Last week weight 77.5
    Weight loss this week: - 200

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 25 = same
    Chest: 95/88/106 = same/same/same☺
    Waist: 87/99 = -1/same :)
    Hips: 97 = same
    Thigh: 50 = same

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 39.7
    Goal Body Fat %: 36
    Body fat this week: don’t know – 39.8

What goals did you kick this week? Biggest step day this week was 35 200 dancing myself senseless to Greenday and at Soundwave!

How do you feel? Content

List 3 things you are grateful for? Friends who drop everything to come and play for a day or two whenever I am within a few hours drive! Being privileged enough to be able to eat good food and a gym membership to burn it off!!

What are you going to improve on next week? I feel like I have been on a plateau (it may still be fluid retention from travelling etc) so I need to try and crack that - I have worked hard on cardio of late but think my body is getting too accustomed so I now I am home I will start back with some form of weight training again and mix it up a little more - hopefully that may give me a kick.

Have a great week everyone ☺
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Monday Morning everyone!!!

Name: Allie
    Challenge Starting Weight: 94.1kg
    Goal Weight: 80kg (new goal)

Today's Weight: 87.4kg
    Weight loss this week: 0

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 33cm (No Movement)
    Chest: 103cm (-1cm this week)
    Waist: 89cm (-4cm this week)
    Hips: 108cm (-1cm this week)
    Thigh: 57cm (No Movement)

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 38.5
    Goal Body Fat %: 34.9
    Current Body Fat %: 34.2% (down 0.2%)

What goals did you kick this week?
    - This week I had an Implanon inserted into my arm.. which has given me an increased appetite and water weight increase due to hormonal changes... So I am impressed that I managed to Not gain any weight this week. and look forward to it falling off again in coming weeks
    - Massive cm drop in my core measurements.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Name: Ray
    Challenge Starting Weight: 79.0kg
    Goal Weight: 70kg ( <75kg within this 12 weeks is the minimum)

Today's weight: 75.6kg (no real loss on the scale in the last two weeks). But...

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 29/35 - no change
    Chest: 92 (loss of 1 cm)
    Waist: 76/90 (loss of 5cm on both my waist and the widest part of my stomach!)
    Thigh: 55 (loss of 2 cm)

Intake:
    Around 14,500 cals consumed this week
    Average of 2074 cals (1537 net cals) per day

I had more social events this weekend, dinner and drinks at a friends house Saturday night, other lunches out and long-weekend festivities :). Pretty good week all in all though, and it is hard to be dissatisfied when looking at these changes in the mirror!
    I'm getting a bit skinny in some places but have to push on until this gut and love handles are gone... I'm hoping that perception of getting bigger while getting leaner will happen for me, I don't have a lot of muscle mass but I'm really pleased my weight isn't going down much but my measurements are.

Feeling good at the moment, and the addition of cycling to my weekly routine is paying big dividends. I have tightened up my diet a little too, but not a whole lot, just having that calorie buffer from exercise is working perfectly!

I fit in three gym sessions and three rides this week - perfect!

Just have to keep doing what I'm doing and I'll be below 15% by the end of this challenge. Yew!
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Name: Helen
    Challenge Starting Weight: 82.6kg
    Goal Weight: 79.9

Today's Weight: 80.6kg
    Weight loss this week: -1kg

Today's Measurements: (I'm only measuring every 4 weeks so these losses are since the start)
    Bicep: 31cm - same
    Chest: 101 - down 2.25cm
    Waist: 91 - down 3cm
    Hips: 101 – down 1cm
    Thigh: 60 - down 1cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 40.6%
    Body Fat %: 39.2% - same as last week

What goals did you achieve this week? Mood has improved.

How do you feel? Tired. Happy that I seem to have finally broken my plateau (fingers crossed)

List 3 things you are grateful for? My family, my friends (particularly the ones who say yes to my harebrained challenges) and my MFP friends

What are you going to improve on next week? Giving Lite N Easy a 2 week trial and have a brand new, killer exercise programme

Awesome loss from your waists Ray and Allie, you must both be stoked with that.

Hang in there Skim and Donna, you both know this is a blip and normal service will resume next week.
  • Danispen
    Danispen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Name: Danielle
    I am only doing weights etc every 3 weeks because the scales play with my head too much, so I am deleting a few comments.

What goals did you achieve this week?
    I continued to stay true to my fitness goals, went to the gym regularly. I have pretty much stopped any drinking through the week - just share a bottle on the weekend (major milestone). I am so close to making 4k on my walk/running program - this week I will do 4k!!

How do you feel?
    Better than I have in years in all honesty, both physically and emotionally. I feel more independently capable without needing to rely on external things or people.

List 3 things you are grateful for? being able to achieve more, believing in myself, each day to try something else

concentrate on happiness at work. I love my job and have let some things interfere with that.

Skim: I hope your hand is better soon, the human body is so fallible in many ways. This group you have created is so wonderful - you do an amazing job. Its also good for us relatively newbies to share your struggles and joys
    Donna: welcome home. Congrats on keeping it all up while you were away. I reckon senseless dancing should be done every day!!
    Allie & Rayman: its ridiculous isn't it that the scale might not move but your cm losses were impressive
    Helen: I would love to try the Lite NEasy - will be interested on your thoughts.

Keep up the great work everyone.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Name: Monique
    Challenge Starting Weight: 54.6kg
    Goal Weight: 51-ish

Today's Weight: 54.3.kg
    Weight loss this week: +600g

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 25cm (same)
    Chest: 83cm (same)
    Waist: 65cm (same)
    Hips: 93cm (same)
    Thigh: 54cm (same)

Starting Body Fat:20.76%
    Current Body Fat: 21.47% (same)
    Goal Body Fat: under 20%

What goals did you kick this week? I've stayed on my low FODMAP diet, but I wasn't really impressed with the way I did it.

How do you feel? Frustrated. I'm definitely better than before the doctor and dietician, but I'm still bloated, experience the occasional stomach cramps, etc. I'm also having food tantrums because I'm gaining (bloat? fat? who knows!) and everytime I go to eat something healthy (apple... pear... cauliflower...) I'm not allowed to eat it! It's so frustrating!

List 3 things you are grateful for? The hours of the day I get to lie down, couches and beds.

What are you going to improve on next week? Try and be in a better mindframe. Do more food research. Snack less.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Name: Robin
    Challenge Starting Weight: 108.3
    Goal Weight: - Anything less and closer to 100 would be good.

Today's Weight: 106 kg
    Weight loss this month: 2.2kg - though since the old scale was broken the loss could have been over a longer period of time,

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: No change
    Chest: No change
    Waist: No change
    Hips: 125 cm - down 2cm from last month - a total loss of 3cm - yay my *kitten* is shrinking!
    Thigh: No change

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
    Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week? I got a new scale that works. I also readjusted my calorie intake to take into account the regular exercise that I am now doing - did I mention that I now exercise regularly - LOL

How do you feel? Pretty good - I'm definitely more energetic than when I started and have more stamina

List 3 things you are grateful for?

My Health
    My Children - even when they behave like rats
    Good Friends

Getting closer to my macro goals for protein and fibre and I'm going to paint more.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Name: Monique
    Challenge Starting Weight: 54.6kg
    Goal Weight: 51ish

Today's Weight: 53.7kg
    Weight loss this week: -600g

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 25cm (same)
    Chest: 83cm (same)
    Waist: 65cm (same)
    Hips: 93cm (same)
    Thigh: 54cm (same)

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 20.76%
    Current Body Fat: 21.47% (same)
    Goal Body Fat %: 20ish

What goals did you achieve this week? Had a good week at the gym and staying on track with diet outside of the normal routine.

How do you feel? Gooood.

List 3 things you are grateful for? Dietician, Coles and my booooyfriend.

What are you going to improve on next week? Weights. Lower fat foods in my diet, as per dietician orders.
This discussion has been closed.