3-20-14

Options
mel521
mel521 Posts: 74 Member
Happy Spring!

Off day for me, but I did 30 Day Shred. Good luck to all of today's runners!

Replies

• aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    same for me too, and glad of it, not feeling so good this evening. one more day then its the weekend.
  • curlydiamond
    Options
    Day off for me today, tomorrow I go for W8d1 - woo hoo! Am still horribly slow, running at 7.5 km/h, when I tried at 8km/h (which I had done on the shorter runs) I ended up with my first (and hopefully only) failed run of 15 minutes on a 20 min run. Will have to go for time over distance for now.
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Day off for me as well. Pilates and a gym session instead.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Moved my run to tomorrow as too much on the plate for today.
    Hoping to get out early before the sun fries the pavement here...tomorrow will be week 8 day 2

Hope those who ran today had a great one!
  • maree142
    maree142 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Woop Woop!!!!!! Did my week 6, day 3 this evening (Friday evening in Aus) which is the 15 R, 3 W, 5 R and then cool down etc.
    I did the self-talk that I was going to do this, no matter what. Normally my self-talk is the opposite (that it is going to be so hard and I don't know how I am going to do it etc etc.) but I just tried to shift my thinking to a more positive frame.

For some reason my app doesn't have the 20 min R until Week 7, day 1 (my next run) so I haven't had the experience of doing a longer run yet. So, the 20 min will up from the 15min. I think I will do the 15 run a couple of times before I move up. Does anyone else do that?

Curly I am also at 7.5, even 7.4 kph and just keep thinking that I will work on speed later. I have had some times in the gym where I have set the goal as 5km distance, and have not finished until 45 minutes (lot of walking after the app has long finished!) Unfortunately, I am back in the gym on the treadmill, not outside running. I wish I could do the outside, and my friends say it is easier because of more distractions, but goodness knows why I find I lose my mental strength and seem to pull up too soon.

Great to have this group -- I didn't want to post that I couldn't complete and that helped get me there.
    Week 6 took me ten days to two weeks to do, but I am not so worried about that now. I just don't want to stop, even if I repeat.
  • mel521
    mel521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Maree! Deb, cute profile pic!