Week 9 Chat (17-23 March)

Options
SkimFlatWhite68
SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
Hi Challengers!!

Welcome to Week 9 of the Trim Taut and Terrific Aussies (and friends) 12 week challenge!!

The purpose of this thread is whatever you want :smile: Chat away to your :heart: content - it's all about sharing and support.

If you are a late starter (welcome), please make sure that you have read the GOALS thread, and posted your details under INTRODUCTIONS.

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

I had a fabulous weekend away with my Darling Daughter. Had such a relaxing time, lots of walking and hanging about doing not much at all.

Been to the gym this morning and I'm ready for a great week ahead.

What's everyone else up to??

Oh, and Happy St Patricks day!! I'm wearing a green dress to work today :drinker:

Replies

• bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone...

Here is my slightly less wiggle dance for the week!

Another 1kg+ loss again this week! Not exactly sure how since I have been eating a little more to try and get through this bout of MS Fatigue I am in the middle of.

I apologize for no personal update last week.. Ive been all over the place with things.. So I'll squeeze 2 weeks into this one..

I had a Implanon (conceptive implant) put in my arm early in the month... That lead to hormonal mess up,, Increased water weight and increase fatigue and major cravings for FOOD (bad food in particular). I resisted the cravings as much as I could and kept as close to the 1200 cal on most days. It resulted in a 0 weight loss that week.. but no gain is still a win.
    The next week was a little better, water weight gone but still a slight craving.. (i'm just drinking water to settle the crave)

Decided I should get back into Guitar playing - so I pulled my electric guitar out of storage, only to find it has rusted up.. the music shop quoted me $190 to repair it.. (its only $190 for a new one) So I decided to strip it down and restore it myself...
    Got it apart.. got all the parts cleaned and moving again.. then ran out of energy to put it back together.. That's a project for this week..

I've been getting out of the house a little more the last few weeks.. have a man in my life means I need to go out a little bit :)
    I'm finding it very tiring tho.. it seems one day out of the house leads to 2 days in bed resting :( and then of course I end up behind on my work.. So I have to spend days/nights working to catch up.. and then 2 more days in bed to make up for that.

It was all so much easier to manage when I just stayed home alone all the time!

Hope you are all have a good week

Allie
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Happy St Pat's day to you too Skim, and everyone else of course :) I'm wearing a green blazer and baked a Guinness chocolate cake for the occassion. I must say I did over-indulge a little at morning tea but have a healthy day planned to make up for it. Footy training tonight.

I had a fantastic weekend. My Mum came to stay with us Friday night (she lives 4 hours away) and we went out for dinner and then spent Saturday morning at the markets. I bought a mint plant and a stevia plant as well as some fresh veggies and tea. I got some quinces and made a batch of quince paste for the first time and it turned out lovely.

All up probably not the healthiest eating weekend but I went to boxing Saturday morning and for a run on Sunday so feeling not tooooo bad.

Been slowly upping my calories lately because I feel like I need to be eating more to fuel my training. Expecting a bit of weight gain to go along with this but if it results in increased peformance than it's a win :)

Happy Monday eveyone, train hard!!!
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, and happy St Paddy's day to you all!

gmallan - sounds like you had a great weekend with your mum!

Allie - congrats on the continued weight loss.

I have weighed in this morning, and posted a 1kg loss, to reach my goal weight for the challenge. This was unintentional, as I had thought I was eating at maintenance for the last 3 weeks. I think I will up my cals a bit more.

I completed 4 runs for the week, including a 1hr 40 min run on Saturday, but didn't do any speed work this week, as I've had a few niggly aches and pains, and thought I would run easy so as not to get an injury. It's funny when you're running, and analysing your body for every little discomfort, worrying about whether this or that little niggle is going to turn into an injury, or if it's just something that your body is going to adapt to. I was pretty sore after my long run, but have been out running this morning without any pain, so pretty sure I'm still doing ok!

Goals for this week:
    * 4 runs, including 1 hr 50 min long run on Saturday!
    * squash tonight
    * 2-3 strength sessions, depending on how my week goes
    * maintain my weight

Good luck with your goals this week everyone!
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Hooray, it happened! The scale is starting to move down again! I had a sneaky look on Sunday, and I had gone down to 53.9kg! Woohoo! Now I'm looking forward to Thursday ;)

From last Thursday I upped my cals to 1500 to 1612, as per the spreadsheet method. That's the only change I've made... but I'm also not bloated from food intolerances this week, so it could be that too ;)

My week looks a little something like this;

Mon: Body Pump
    Tues: Body Step
    Wed: Weights & Cardio
    Thurs: Outdoor Run
    Fri: Weights & Balance
    Sat: Body Step
    Sun: Rest day

In the arvos I'll continue to do some light activities like lawn mowing... dog walking... cleaning... etc. Depending on my uni load.

michable - thank gawd I'm not the only one who stresses a little when I get a bit of running pain.

gmallen - quince paste... yuuuummm... I wonder if I can eat quince. I may be chasing you for a recipe.

bigldesigns - well done on keeping those cravings in check!

skim - where abouts "down the coast" did you go?
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Well I just finished p90x2 :(

Yep sad face, I really enjoyed it, now it's just a few days of recovery before getting into tough mudder on Sunday. Super excited about it as I have a team this time around.

Down to 62kg and that would be thanks to whole30.

Once TM is over time to start training for Spartan
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Oh boy what a day I'm having... This morning was spiraling into a horrible mess, but I've been out for a walk in the lovely sunshine, had ham and salad and yoghurt for lunch and I feel much better now.

Good to see you all here :)

Matilda, good luck with Tough Mudder, you can start up P90X again after it's finished. Good news about the scale loss.

Same to you Mon, good news on the scale moving again. Good to see you moved the weights around a bit. We went down to the St Georges Basin area - was lovely.

Looking good Mich. I'm not sure about all this running stuff. I only do the walk/run intervals and I only know some days I'm just not in the mood, my body is tired, and if I feel that way, I don't do it, I just walk.

Hey Gemma, I think you would be fine considering where you are with everything at the moment. One weekend like that is just part of maintaining.

Allie, those boys can take up a lot of time. Don't know anything about the implant, but I'm sure it will settle down after a while. Might take a few cycles. I've had a Mirena for about 8 year and it took me 6 months to adjust to it, after that I've never had a problem and I'm on my second one.

I didn't go to the gym today. I woke at 5am but I had a rough night sleep, so I got up and went to the toilet, contemplated going to the gym and went back to bed and straight to sleep, then woke at 6:30am feeling much better, but still been tired today. I think an early night is in order so I have the energy to go tomorrow. Of course, part of the problem is that I didn't go to bed until 10pm (and I was up at 5am yesterday). I need my sleep!!!

Still, I have been for a walk at lunch time and I'll be around 15,000 steps for the day, so I don't feel too bad.
  • monbot
    Options
    Shuttup! That's my home town! AND I was down there on the weekend.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Skim I would except for the fact I have insanity asylum 2 and p90x3 on my list of things to try too.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options

St Georges Basin?
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Hi everyone and Happy Friday!!

Bit of a challenge fail for me this week, only been to the gym one day (Monday) so far. I am however, going today for a full body workout and I'll go again on Sunday for another full body workout.

I've been suffering from a bit of exhaustion. :sick: I think after my super relaxing weekend, then straight back into a full on week at work, my body just said "I've had enough". I had yesterday off work and not going in today either, although I'll be doing some work from home. Last night I went to bed early and slept for 11 hours. I clearly needed it. My job has been really taking it out of me for the last 3 weeks, the whole year really and I'm under a lot of pressure to complete a project that has completely unrealistic deadlines.

Anyway, I'll get there, but I think I need to shuffle some priorities around.

On a good note - Bumper :heart: came home yesterday from his holiday. OMG it was SO good to see him. :blushing:

I hope everyone has had a good week and a great weekend ahead :drinker:
  • monbot
    Options

St Georges Basin?

Yup!

Dietician had bad news for me yesterday. Since I didn't have 5 straight days without symptoms she's asked me to stay on the Low FODMAP diet for another 10 days, and also lower the fat content of my food. If all goes well, I start my food challenges. If not, I start a low chemical diet which is far more restrictive. I'm really running out of ideas of what to eat - which is silly, because I can eat heaps!

Exercise has gone really well this week. I've had to shuffle my schedule around work and uni, as usual, but I'll make 7 hours this week, even with a rest day! Go team!

Good to hear you're feeling better Skim. I know how it feels to manage a high pressure project - sometimes I feel like pulling the blanket over my head and never emerging.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Back from a great holiday, relaxing, exciting and we did see lots.
    Spend 3 days on a island with 1 other couple who were on the other side of the island, we had a bungalow over the ocean where we could go swimming and snorkeling from our door. Then spend a few days in a beautif resort, where we celebrated Helens Birthday, then hired a car and drove around Lombok. Was areal magical trip.

Even more magical was that I lost weight on the trip, although I weighed myself first and thought I gained 2kg, which I dutifuly recorded. But it must have been from the plane journey and the nice big meal we had when we came home as the following day it not only disappeared I had lost even more. Although we ate plenty and had alcoholic drinks every day, it was kind of sensible and I guess the result paid off. Mind you it might be some muscle tissue as well as I did no weights at all.

Reached my target for the 12 week challenge and I am getting really close to my overall target. The first time I see that magical number starting with 7 and 9 I will open a nice bottle of wine, regardless if it happens after my training session. After that it will be at least a month before I have reached it totally and I can look at my maintenance stage.

I still hope to run a marathon in June, so I will keep training for that.

Otherwise to all of you still going (although diminished)
    Skim, I know you can get back on top of it all, you one tough cookie and you wil succeed.
    Monique, bad luck about your diet requirements, hope they can get it sorted, well done on the weight loss
    Matilda, good luck with tough mudder, magnesium and compression socks certainly help. :-)
    Helen, so happy you managed to break down that well, hope you keep going now, I know what it is like.
    Donna, you a big paty girl and love your lifestyle
    Michele, good luck with your running, hope you can pull it of, doing great though.
    Allie, you the biggest loser in this group, well done keep the momentum going and be prepared if you hit a wall.

All of you are stars

Robert
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Oh wow.. another week over.. I've been a little slack this week.. sat about the house watching TV most of the week :( But I was pretty exhausted from the busy weeks prior.. I guess better try and get some work done this weekend before my clients notice their projects haven't progressed

Mon - I am also eating a restrictive diet.. not quite "Low FODMAP" but pretty close (i'm still eating Legumes even tho I'm not supposed to).. I've been challenging with myself to convert some of my old favorite meals to Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Cal alternatives.. and having some great success with it :) Feel Free to have a look at my Diary, or messaging me if you want some recipe ideas.. also have a look at my Instagram for some pics of the meals i've been making.

Skim - The Implanon is great.. its kinda like the MIrena, but its inserted just under the skin in the inside upper arm. The slow release of progestogen, makes the body think it is pregnant.. so in my case.. it means no cycle at all... as far as the MS goes.. For scientific reasons unknown (as with most of MS) MS seems to go into remission when a woman in Pregnant.. and since I am not really willing to get pregnant just to slow my MS.. the implanon it good for 2 reasons!!
    As for the Boy... it turns out I have been self-reliant and Independent for so long.. that trying to deal with a someone who needs to hear from me and see me every day.. was too exhausting for me.. so I had to let him go.. I need to find a man who actually has a life and doesn't "need" to see me all the time. I'm taking applications if anyone knows any single computer geek / petrol heads :)

Matilda - Good Luck with the Tough Mudder.. When I first started loosing weight.. i thought it I would set a goal of being well enough to compete in the Tough Mudder... I know I have the determination to get FIT enough to be there.. only hope that the fitness bring the health I need to be able to be there... Please make sure you tell us all about how you went.. as It will be a great motivator for me to be there next time its on!

Robert - Welcome home and congrats on losing weight while in a place where over indulgence can rule..
    and on reaching your Challenge Goal!
    I've been so big for so long, its exciting to finally be in a mindset where I can do something about it.. Its a pity it took a diagnosis of a serious illness to help me find the cause of my problems.. but at least now its so much easier to do something about it.. But who would have ever guessed that a Dairy Farmer's Daughter, would have problems digesting Milk Proteins.
    My goal is to review at 80kg.. I'm doing really well with eating at just under 1200cal (its pretty filling when you cant eat Dairy or Gluten or Fruit ).. So Its something I believe I can do for the rest of my life..
    My plan is to keep eating the way I am and when my weight loss stops i'll look into starting some sort of lifting and maybe some cardio to built up my fitness.

Hope you all have a good weekend... I'll be here staring at my screen.. thinking about all the work I am supposed to be doing.. and I guess maybe doing a little of it as well!

Allie
This discussion has been closed.