Noticeable results

Options
llfretwell
llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
I am sure this has been asked plenty of times already, but I haven't tried to search very hard on this forum so I'll just ask again. When did ya'll begin to see results from stronglifts? I am only 1 week in and definitely don't expect to see anything right now, but I am anxious! I know it takes time, don't get me wrong, but I am curious at others experiences.

Replies

• hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure at what point I was seeing results...but every month I lose inches! Definitely take measurements and pictures. Also, the bf always compliments me on my behind and arms so its obviously working!
  • wendypow
    wendypow Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It also depends where you are starting from. I'm just trying to swap out some fat for muscle because my weight is good - I didn't have to lose any. I saw great results within the first 2 months (muscles actually showing), but now progress is sloooooooow.

:smile:
  • llfretwell
    Options
    I would actually like to lose 5-10 lbs., then swap fat for muscle. I'm hoping my TDEE is close to accurate so I'm not eating too much.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for about 8 months now, I think? (June last year) and I started noticing muscles showing despite my bf still being high even just 1 month after starting. My diet hasn't been great throughout, either. But now you can see definition on my biceps and triceps and my shoulders are pretty nice looking and even though I got love handles, my back muscles have been showing up a bit since about december :)

As for invisible results, the results have been amazing in everything I do daily almost from the get go! ^^
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have about 30 lbs to drop so I was hoping that the results would come in faster.

I started about a month and a half ago and have dropped 1 inch off my waist and lost 1lb.

It is going much slower than I imagined but I can actually say I see a difference in my body. My stomach is getting way flatter and my booty is getting a bit more perky lol
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your build and body fat to begin with IMO. I started lifting after I had already reached my goal weight, and also I am very pear shaped so definition in my arms and shoulders I noticed quickly, within a month. Now my lower half...you might not know I lift if you saw me in a bikini. :grumble: I'm hoping to lose a few more pounds and see more definition there.
  • nosegirl
    nosegirl Posts: 9
    Options
    I've been doing this for about a month and my main motivation was to get stronger, but as a happy side effect my waist band is looser so something's going on there, I think the muscles in that area feel a bit harder as well.

Before I started this I was going to bodypump 2-3 times a week pretty religiously for over 2 years and hardly saw any changes in that time. Lifting heavy is awesome :)
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I am anxious too! I just started a few weeks ago. I am going to do my first progress photos, measurements, and weigh in after my period comes and goes next week. :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I believe 18 weeks in I was in a bit of a slump looking in the mirror thinking not enough change and I took pics...huge changes...

cc314cf6-b3d3-4375-b707-c46598bf8009_zpse948495c.jpg

1st pic after 1 round of 30DS, 2nd pic after 2nd round of 30DS, 3rd Pic 10 weeks into lifting, 4th pic 18 weeks into lifting

Bum shot - bottom pic is 18 weeks into lifting.
    b4ea3a0b-3ab6-4365-a198-c82b61b9a308_zps992f416c.jpg

Week 10 for inches I had lost 1inch in my waist (narrow part), 1inch at belly button, 1.5inches off hips and dropped 3% BF
    Week 18 for inches 1/2inch from both waist and hip measurments, and another 1% of BF

Gross weigt loss has been 15lbs..

ETA: I need to get more pics...flexing maybe..
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago and I lost 1" off my waist, almost 2" off my hip and 1" of each tigh. I am still considered obese though. I am 206 lb 5'8" and started 45 % BF. I have a predominantly pear/ hourglass shape with relatively narrower waist and giant butt, lol. I also have big boobs , but other than that I have a very weak upper body.
    I am eating 1750 cal a day, and usually very good with clean eating. I do not eat wheat whatsoever, so that keeps off most junk food .
    I was doing p90x3 for 2 months prior to stronglift, and I didn't lose any inch or lb during that time.
    Obviously my fat layer preventing the muscle to show, and lost no weight, but I am very happy about what is going on in the past 2 weeks.
  • llfretwell
    Options
    I believe 18 weeks in I was in a bit of a slump looking in the mirror thinking not enough change and I took pics...huge changes...

cc314cf6-b3d3-4375-b707-c46598bf8009_zpse948495c.jpg

1st pic after 1 round of 30DS, 2nd pic after 2nd round of 30DS, 3rd Pic 10 weeks into lifting, 4th pic 18 weeks into lifting

Bum shot - bottom pic is 18 weeks into lifting.
    b4ea3a0b-3ab6-4365-a198-c82b61b9a308_zps992f416c.jpg

Week 10 for inches I had lost 1inch in my waist (narrow part), 1inch at belly button, 1.5inches off hips and dropped 3% BF
    Week 18 for inches 1/2inch from both waist and hip measurments, and another 1% of BF

Gross weigt loss has been 15lbs..

ETA: I need to get more pics...flexing maybe..

AMAZING results!! Such a motivation! Thank you!
  • llfretwell
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago and I lost 1" off my waist, almost 2" off my hip and 1" of each tigh. I am still considered obese though. I am 206 lb 5'8" and started 45 % BF. I have a predominantly pear/ hourglass shape with relatively narrower waist and giant butt, lol. I also have big boobs , but other than that I have a very weak upper body.
    I am eating 1750 cal a day, and usually very good with clean eating. I do not eat wheat whatsoever, so that keeps off most junk food .
    I was doing p90x3 for 2 months prior to stronglift, and I didn't lose any inch or lb during that time.
    Obviously my fat layer preventing the muscle to show, and lost no weight, but I am very happy about what is going on in the past 2 weeks.

That's awesome! When you calculated your TDEE, did you put that you were doing 3-5 hours a week of moderate exercise? I am a little unsure of what I should put as my exercise level. I'm obviously lifting 3 times a week, and I go for a 30-45 minute walk at least once a day. I also run on the treadmill every once in a while (definitely not every day). I'm also eating at 1750.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Nice *kitten* Stef!!!

Eta: not sure how long it took this to come about, but even though I have quite a belly at 195/ 5"6 I can see my oblique line on my left size now without flexing (aka vcut)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Nice *kitten* Stef!!!

Eta: not sure how long it took this to come about, but even though I have quite a belly at 195/ 5"6 I can see my oblique line on my left size now without flexing (aka vcut)

nice..I have yet to see that myself...hoping my next trip south (in a year) that will be showing.

@llfretwell I don't use a site to calculate my TDEE it gets iffy there I find. I got this calculation from Sara and SideSteel in the ETP group.

Use about 3 consecutive weeks of data for this for a good range of intake and exercise.

Total calories consumed +(pounds lost x 3500)/21 and that gives you your TDEE...not a guess from a website.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! When you calculated your TDEE, did you put that you were doing 3-5 hours a week of moderate exercise? I am a little unsure of what I should put as my exercise level. I'm obviously lifting 3 times a week, and I go for a 30-45 minute walk at least once a day. I also run on the treadmill every once in a while (definitely not every day). I'm also eating at 1750.
    I had an RMR testing using the CO2 exhaling mask in February , and my RMR is 1584. So basically that is that number I should never go below. If I do not exercise whatsoever, my TDEE is 2050 with my sedentary job calculated by the dietician based on RMR. Beside the 3 lifting, i do not do much. I do 30 minutes cardio twice a week, and 30 minutes dynamic stretches again twice a week. I walk the dog ,, but not daily. Some day I walk the dog twice , other days my hubby walks him. I figured my total exercise translate no more than 200-250 cal per day on average right now. With the 1750 calorie , I am eating ~500 calori deficit probably aroun TDEE minus 20-22%. Once the biking season starts, I 'll up my calories . I usually bike to work/school about 1 hr a day from mid April to mid October.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second week as well, but still didn't manage to take measurements. Took the second pictures today - first progress pictures - but I did not check them out yet, because I am scared not to see anything (which will be pretty likely, I mean two weeks).

But I already feel better overal, I have more energy, want to do something on my days off sports related, me! The queen of excuses. "Oh, today I cannot go to the gym, I have to clean behind the fridge." "My bike doesn't have air" and so on :-D
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Nice *kitten* Stef!!!

nice..I have yet to see that myself...hoping my next trip south (in a year) that will be showing.

@llfretwell I don't use a site to calculate my TDEE it gets iffy there I find. I got this calculation from Sara and SideSteel in the ETP group.

Use about 3 consecutive weeks of data for this for a good range of intake and exercise.

Total calories consumed +(pounds lost x 3500)/21 and that gives you your TDEE...not a guess from a website.

Any idea on how to do this equation if there was no weight loss? (0x3500) or even a weight gain? (I am so bad at math)

Those bum pics are very inspiring!
  • The_Sandra
    The_Sandra Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Any idea on how to do this equation if there was no weight loss? (0x3500) or even a weight gain? (I am so bad at math)

Those bum pics are very inspiring!

You would just sub your results for that time period, so no loss would be (0*3500) and a gain of one pound would be (-1*3500). So essentially, if you had a net zero loss you'd divide the total net calories consumed by 21 and that's your average TDEE. with a gain you're going to subtract the product of (x*3500) from net calories consumed and then divide by 21 for your average TDEE.
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    10001520_750949078262638_2110078496_n.jpg
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    10001520_750949078262638_2110078496_n.jpg

Wow! Do I read that right? The non metric dates always confuse me. The first pic is from the third of February and the second of the 8th of march? Just wow! Congrats!