Introduce yourselves!

Options

Replies

• allthetea
    Options
    I'm Micha. I'm 24 years old, 5'3" 208lbs. I am looking for my twin. I am a "stay at homie" so I just use my stationary bike and treadmill. I don't have a lot of friends where I live so it's hard to find someone to go on a weight loss journey with me.
  • trulyjoyouswoman
    trulyjoyouswoman Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose two pounds a week and over 100 pounds. I did the lovely pair match document, and it would be neat.

I am 43 year old, wishing to lose over 100 pounds, I work, go to college, and home school my sons.
  • bizinthehiz
    Options
    Hi, My name is Sarah and I live in Indiana, a mother of a 4 yr old girl and 7 mo old b/g twins. I work full time so to say I am busy is an understatement. I was at my heaviest in Jan of 2012, then I started weight watchers and it took me a while but I lost 20 some pounds by the summer. Then I found out I was pregnant....with surprise! Twins!!! I lost all the baby weight plus an extra 10 lbs bringing me to my smallest in a long time about 160 lbs, now here I am again at my heaviest; almost 195. I feel awful and don't want to be a sluggish mom that doesn't have any energy for her children. I also have a very picky 4 year old and want that to change but I have to change the way I eat too!
    With twins, I don't get much sleep if any and I binge eat only because I usually just don't have time to eat so when I do eat, I eat a lot.
    I have a really hard time sticking with working out/diet. I either get lazy or too busy and use that as my excuse. Not any more! I would like to ultimately lose 50 lbs but right now 20 lbs is doable. I try to workout on my lunch at my job since they have a gym so I do the elliptical for 30 min, and when I am home I try to do JM 30 day shred.
    I am 34, 5'4" and 193 lbs. I have a sedentary job and love to craft, music, and dance but can never find the time. I really want to stay focused and would like to find someone help me.
    Good luck all!
  • MsShawndra
    Options
    Hello, I am Shawndra and I am looking for someone to go through this journey with me as I strive to lose 25 lbs. I am a single mom, 34 years old and I work out 5 days a week for maybe one hour and a half. I love to do cardio and strength training. Please let me know if there is anyone who is interested in pairing up with good motivational and supportive skills.
  • nutmeg11
    nutmeg11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Megan and I live in US, I'm 22, married to a wonderful man named John, and have my dog Bella! I've never had problems with my weight until I moved in with him when I was 18 and then my hormones and laziness caught up with me :cry: That was in 2010, and I've been struggling with my weight ever since. I have terrible emotional problems because of this so I'd really like some support from someone who was shaped like me! That would be awesome!:smile: I currently try to eat a low carb high protein diet and lift 4x a week with my husband. So far...not much weight has come off :sad: I weight 151 lbs and am 5'5" with a 36% body fat. Looking forward to meeting you all!
  • Roberta__F
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm new here. I'm 22 and live in Germany. I'm trying to lose a bit more than 11 kg (about 25 lbs)
    My boyfriend is also trying to lose weight, but unfortanetly he's not into counting calories/working out/being healthy. Instead he's just, well, not really eating much. I've tried to convince him, but he won't. So I'm looking for someone else for mutual motivation.

Height: 152 cm/5'0''
    Starting weight: 61.7 kg/136 lbs
    Current weight: 61.1 kg/135 lbs
    Goal weight: 50 kg/ 110 lbs

As you can see I'm quite short and don't have that much weight to lose, but because of my height I'm still overweight (and look overweight). I'm starting the Zombies, Run! 5k program tomorrow and want to get into a light strength routine at home. At the moment I'm very unfit and I can't wait to get stronger and healthier.

About me: I'm a musician by trade and I like books and TV (huge Doctor Who fan). Not the best conditions for a healthy lifestyle but there you go...
  • nutmeg11
    nutmeg11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :happy: Great! Another Whovian!
  • newgirlwalking
    newgirlwalking Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hello all:) total newbie here.
    I've been doing ww for a while and i've lost about 60 lbs but gained back a lot of it following a devastating miscarriage. I recently decided it was time to get back on the horse and keep going, but i needed more inspiration and motivation. So today i joined mfp :) And i filled out the form to get "matched" !
  • dmunnie2
    Options
    Hi every I am30 years old and I have been gaining weight for 29 years and losing for 1. Since I started last year I have lost 90lbs and down to 284lbs. This group concept is cool hopefully it will keep me on track to lose90 more
  • AngelRae83
    AngelRae83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello all im new to this group i did the fourm to find a match. Im 30 married with 2 sons one 7 the other 14 months. I really need to lose my weight this time for myself and for my kids and family. need to lose about 100. im currently 254 would like to be about 150-160. i live in nova scotia, canada. cant wait for the snow to melt and spring to be here then ill be getting outside alot more. ive been doing my self defense game on my xbox and its a pretty good work out along with walks on days that its nice out. I have tons of hobbies. i love croceting, playing games, watching tons of shows just to name a few walking dead, csi, coronation street. There are so many. i hope to meet lots of people and get motivations as i sure need it.
  • MzNurse6870
    MzNurse6870 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Tiarra 43
    275lbs
    5Ft7"
    want to lose 85lbs
  • carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a new member to this group. I have a lazy lifestyle and have been over weight/ obese for most of my life. I have been learning how to eat better for the last few months and have made the goal to exercise 4 times a week recently. I completed the forum, but am looking for motivation friends.

SW: 272, CW:209, GW:130, Age:32, and 5.1"
  • jsande10
    jsande10 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    59054830_1434_thumb newgirlwalkin Selector
    Joined Feb 2014
    February 18, 2014 3:43 PM
    hello all:) total newbie here.
    I've been doing ww for a while and i've lost about 60 lbs but gained back a lot of it following a devastating miscarriage. I recently decided it was time to get back on the horse and keep going, but i needed more inspiration and motivation. So today i joined mfp :) And i filled out the form to get "matched" !
    Report Post Quote Reply
    We have similar stores, I too was doing well until I had a miscarriage early last year, and have only just gained my motivation back, then my hubby went and had a bad accident and I was told the previous day that my knee was badly injured and now has restrictions on it. So 7 weeks later, I'm trying to get my motivation up just by starting. I need to lose a lot of weigh and I know it, which in turn will help my knee
  • jsande10
    jsande10 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm and old newbie, in that I have used this ite many times, but new to this group. I've had a lot happening in the past 18 months which has caused me to completely fall of the wagon and gain back ALL the weight I had previously lost over the years, plus a little extra. So it's time to jump back on one step at a time, and get the weight going again I am 38 years old and live in Australia, married , one daughter 4yo. work in disabilities and live with cattle. That's pretty much me in a nutshell. Would love to meet a mate who could help keep me motivated and whom I could do the same for.
  • ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    hi! new to the group - i'm 41, married with two kids (2 and 4), work full-time out of my home for a software company, have been a vegetarian for 24 years, and am trying to lose the 50+ pounds i gained since getting pregnant for the first time. i started exercising 5-6 days/week at the beginning of the year, in addition to tracking my food intake. this is my first real attempt to lose weight and i'm proud that i've lost 14lbs so far (and trying to be patient with my body for going about it soooo slowly!). ;)
  • randygamboa
    randygamboa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. On here to get fit and stay focus. Looking for like minded people that want to keep each other motivated.
  • shellysmely
    shellysmely Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) well I'm not sure what to say I'm kinda new to this forum thing :s well I'm a mom of 2, a boy 11 and girl aged 3. I've been trying to lose weight since having my eldest. I'm 31 now, over the years the weight has just crept on and I've tried many things I've been unable to maintain. I'm on Cambridge diet now since February and have lost 2 stone, I have around another 2 stone to go and I have had many slip ups with this diet in the past but now I'm on a roll. My goal is 9stone. Many people around me don't agree with this diet but I've found what works for me, I have a bad relationship with food so to completely eliminate it I find I can change my attitude to food as I re introduce it. At my biggest I was around 15 stone and I'm only 5'3.
    I'm currently studying for my degree in psychology - criminology and I love it. I start uni in September. I'm sort of quirky and esoteric people say, I'm into my horoscopes and I'm quite a typical Scorpio, can be quiet and shy at first but like to get to know people
    And always up for a laugh. I have many interests, bit of an adrenalin junkie but also love cosyness. Think this is a great idea for encouragement and motivation for people and it'd be grand to find a twin so we can do this together! Good luck everybody and feel free to add me xx
  • Miss__Erin
    Options
    Hi. I'm Erin. 28 years old from Sydney Australia. Studying both Engineering and Nutritional Medicine and have completely gone off track with diet and exercise is for the past year as I spend way too much time on my PC. Just joined MFP.

H: 162cms
    W: 60 kgs

Looking to lose body fat and build muscle so I can stay around 60kgs. Love strength training and walking just about anywhere :-) feel free to add me. My diary is open for the public to see my terrible eating habits :P
  • carunae
    carunae Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I am 265 lbs, 30 years old, from southern NJ. I like to eat. A lot. Always been heavy since a kid, never been that active, now I have a crapload of problems that make it even harder to lose, eat healthy, or exercise. My fault. Fixing it. I have to know if I can do this and whether my body can do it so I can find out if I need medication to lose. So I am going to have to be consistent and log every day for 3 months starting 7/1 so I can show my doc.
  • Katashi55
    Katashi55 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey! I'm Tashi, a 20 year old IT student. I weigh 58 kg, am about 1.71m tall and I love carbs! I am addicted to pasta, bread, pizza and all those bad high starchy foods. A stern twin is in need:(