Symptoms

Options

Replies

• tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I dont have leg cramps or growing feet but my hands do fall asleep, its actually usually when I am only slightly on my side. Like, lying mostly on my back but leaning to one side, the hand on that side will fall asleep.
    From what I understand, and I may be wrong, it is a blood pressure thing and supposedly cayenne pepper is supposed to help a ton. I am not going to find out though, cayenne pepper does not go over well with my stomach.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    My aunt, the massage therapist, came over again last night and worked on me awhile. She says that my sciatica has gotten much worse and she has low hopes of it healing anytime soon. Because of the pressure the baby puts on it, it will not heal completely and properly until after he is born. She says the ligaments in my stomach have eased up a little though and aren't really tight anymore.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I get the tingly hands when I wake up from sleeping! So strange!! My feet also hurt so bad most of the time. I work in a business casual work enviroment, so I wear a lot of flats and shoes that don't really support my feet well. Wish I could talk them into letting me wear sneakers!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I've got a new symptom. I'm constantly misjudging my girth. I will try to slide by my husband or through a door and boom, my belly hits. No fun.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I've got a new symptom. I'm constantly misjudging my girth. I will try to slide by my husband or through a door and boom, my belly hits. No fun.

Hahahaha! Me too! It's incredibly awkward.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    So when I wake up in the morning both of my hands are numb and I can't lift my left arm over my head to turn off my alarm clock. (Which is extremely annoying because my alarm clock is on the right side of the bed. I'm sleeping on my sides, but this isn't unusual for me as I used to always sleep on my side.

Anyone else have anything like this?
  • tiggerhammon
    Options

Hahahaha! Me too! It's incredibly awkward.

lol, we just dont fit where we used to :p
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    So when I wake up in the morning both of my hands are numb and I can't lift my left arm over my head to turn off my alarm clock. (Which is extremely annoying because my alarm clock is on the right side of the bed. I'm sleeping on my sides, but this isn't unusual for me as I used to always sleep on my side.

My husband has this.
    Are you diabetic?
    My husband has only found relief by lying flat on his back and his hands flat to his sides.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    I'm getting the numb arms in the morning but I think it's because I keep my arms curled up around my body pillow while DH is in bed. When he gets up for work (3am) i stretch out and it seems to help.
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    I have shocking bladder control -like need to pee all the time but alot of the time not much comes out and its not a uti. Tired as hell and stomach feels so full like theres no room in there. No back pain though and have only had swollen feet if I stand for long periods of time
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options

My husband has this.
    Are you diabetic?
    My husband has only found relief by lying flat on his back and his hands flat to his sides.

No, I'm not diabetic. My gestational diabetes test came back negative just a couple weeks ago. :( I would absolutely love to lay on my back... more than anything really. In fact, that's the first thing I'm going to treat myself to after baby is born, lying on my back! lol
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options

My husband has this.
    Are you diabetic?

No, I'm not diabetic. My gestational diabetes test came back negative just a couple weeks ago. :( I would absolutely love to lay on my back... more than anything really. In fact, that's the first thing I'm going to treat myself to after baby is born, lying on my back! lol

I'm like a rotisserie chicken all night long, every couple of hours I have to turn over. I too can't wait to fall asleep on my back.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options

My husband has this.
    Are you diabetic?

I'm like a rotisserie chicken all night long, every couple of hours I have to turn over. I too can't wait to fall asleep on my back.

That's a really, really good way of describing it!
  • tiggerhammon
    Options

My husband has this.
    Are you diabetic?

Only reason I ask if you are diabetic is because that is the first thing my husband was asked - as this is the most common reason for these kinds of symptoms. Beyond that, it could be so so many things. It is impossible to say without knowing a lot more about you and any other symptoms. Best I can say is to talk to your doctor about it.

I think comfort at night time is an issue for most of us. I also do the 'rotessorie chicken turn' at night. I have to get up sometimes at night and stretch and walk it off for a minute because I just can't lay on either side any more.
    I wake up in the night with my sciatic nerve absolutely killing me, pain in the nerve goes down my left leg and my left leg is partially numb. Getting up and doing stretches is the only way to relieve it.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    That's so awful! Thankfully I've found that rolling over helps a lot... as do my trips to the washroom, but thankfully I haven't had to do any stretching.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    I've been trying to lay on my left side as much as possible, but I find that my left hip starts to ache fromthe pressure and I have to roll over. There for awile I was barely sleeping at night.. now i'm doing better.

My back has been KILLING ME though. We aren't allowed to wear sneakers at work unless it's friday, but I think i'm getting a note from my doctor because my back doesn't kill me all weekend while I'm wearing proper shoes. Even though I sit most of the day at work, it still seems to be affecting me.
  • rhye
    rhye Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just want to moan about how hard it is to sleep now. Right side: reflux. Left side: hip pain. Back: can't breath. And now my back is starting to hurt all the time.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    The entire left side of my body fell asleep last night from laying on my left side. I got up to go to the bathroom and my leg/hip was completely numb!
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    My left leg does that all the time - but it is my sciatic nerve. I wake up with my nerve hurting, my left side hurting and my left leg numb.
    My aunt (massage therapist) worked on me yesterday. She says I need to hurry up and be done because she doesn't know how much more my sciatic can take.
    After she worked on me though, I slept better last night than I have in over a month!
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ha! Like a rotisserie chicken? I wish I was that graceful!

Oh, the symptoms... such a long list! Leg cramps, constant hunger, clumsiness, occasional lower back pain, constipation, nasal congestion, heartburn, insomnia, frequent urination, rib pain, fatigue, and pain when I stay in any one position for too long (i.e., hips if I lay on one side for too long, feet if I stand too long, tailbone if I sit too long, etc.).

However, all things considered, this hasn't been too bad. It's been tolerable and I'd be willing to do this again!