Bad Girl..fell off :(

aubyshortcake
aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
Hello ladies..I am currently doing the beginner program, started on Feb 10th. I did the first 2 weeks, 3 days a week, no problem. I felt great, even felt like I was seeing results though that was probably in my head as that would be insanely fast, lol. I did workout A for week three, then work stress got the better of me and I didn't go again until the following monday 1 week later, where I did workout A again. That was last week. THIS week.....for some reason I have not been able to get up in the morning, even being late for work every day. I don't know if it's TOM related or what, but I normally go to the gym before work..so.....needless to say I didn't go this week at all.

I feel like I'm letting myself down, I really really want to get in shape and I have this nagging little voice in my head that always comes up with the best excuses. Does anyone else have days/weeks like this, and if so..how do you overcome them? It's really frustrating, and the more I skip it the easier it becomes to skip.... :/

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Thanks Auby, I didn't even know this group existed if I hadn't seen your post in my news feed! One question - can you workout AFTER work? I am not a morning girl, and in order to workout in the mornings I would have to wake up at 3:30am - HA! So I workout after work, after dinner, after the kids are bathed and put to bed, etc. So I don't start working out until 8:30 or 9pm. But it works for me.
  • aubyshortcake
    I'm glad you found it! The thing about after work is by that time of day I'm barely able to convince myself to go to the store let alone the gym, lol. but I guess that laziness is just a personal problem I need to work on haha
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Hi Auby,
    I definitely have days (um, weeks...months) like that. And you're right, the more often you skip, the easier it is to skip. TOM does make a difference in my energy levels and also in my diet (the week before is always a carb-fest). Sometimes I look at the success stories thread to get me motivated again, or at fitness stuff on Pinterest. Doesn't always work, though! I don't have any great advice for you, just sympathy :) Good luck getting back to it.
    Amanda
  • aubyshortcake
    Thanks :) I've decided this week I want to go Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. I really really want to hold myself to it!