April Challenge?

Options
DreamOn145
DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
Would anyone be interested in doing a 5 lb weight loss challenge in April? I had mentioned this in another list but thought I should put it here to make sure it was seen. I thought perhaps it would keep my FOCUSED (slight problem there) and be a little jolt for Spring. lol

Replies

• CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll join in.

It will really BE a challenge, because I'm a slow loser. Also. We are going on vacation for 2 weeks in Mid-April.
    BUT there will be a fair amount of walking involved. I have actually been known to LOSE weight on vacation, because we stay busy
    and do a lot of sightseeing on foot...

:flowerforyou:
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I'm in too........ and if we start now we have an extra week...... I will change my banner to show weight lost rather than weight to go.....starting from today.....:flowerforyou: Here we go!

Jean
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options
    YAY!!!

Let the games begin!

:wink:
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    On maintenance, but I'm here to cheer you all on!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Had another good day here........ feeling positive! :smile:

Jean
  • PrairiePride49
    PrairiePride49 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OK I'm in too! Need to keep at it and so a challenge should help. How on earth do I put my ticker up here? Help!
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will join in! Thank you for posting. This will give me a boost in my weight loss!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    OK I'm in too! Need to keep at it and so a challenge should help. How on earth do I put my ticker up here? Help!

Can't remember how I did it..I seem to think there is a box to tick when you have made your Ticker to make it appear under all your posts.......
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    OK. I am in too! I would love to lose 5 pounds in one month! Good Luck Everyone!
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options
    Hoo! I am down 2 lbs!

Of course, I'm still 20+ lbs over where I was awhile back when I swore I would never gain another pound and needed to lose another 30.....omg..

:::falls on floor laughing:::

:laugh:
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Haha! I have been here a year and weigh a couple of pounds more now that when I arrived....... I am within sight of goal but just go up and down the last few pounds...... on my way back down again! :tongue:

Jean
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    LOL oh my! I have been busy for a couple of days and the challenge took off without me??? that's hilarious! well I have not started yet. I am warming up. my greatest accomplishment for the past couple of days is that I have learned how to import recipes instead of copying them and sometimes it works! If not at least I am copying and pasting them. And I am starting to get a fairly decent selection of recipes that I can work with but I still need more. I love to cook and am now collecting light recipes. Glad to see people are interested!
  • quatermore
    quatermore Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie to MFP, lost 4 lbs so far. Would love to lose 5 more!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Welcome to the group.......... hope you enjoy coming out to play with us! :flowerforyou:

I will get weighed tomorrow and see if my good work since the weekend has paid off.....:tongue::ohwell:

Jean
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Yey - I have lost 3 pounds! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Got to keep it up!

Jean
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I NEED to do this.

Next month around Easter I am going to have many stressful family eating situations. That will be a disaster for me if I don't have a plan to counter the pressure and lose of control over eating options. One family member loves to shop for food, mine of course isn't the finest and that just won't do. He will bring on the expensive wines, cheeses, non stop snacks and larded steaks. I am not exaggerating. My MIL will watch like a hawk to see if my menus are the traditional fare so necessary for Easter and family time. She will insist on roast lamb, piles of buttered mashed potatoes and Granny *********** old fashioned potato fudge cake that splits when baking. Which is good because the hot chocolate coffee sauce must be still warm when you pour it over the cracked cake to seep inside as well as cover the layers. Does anyone else have to deal with this? These are actually wonderful people but control freaks when it comes to food.

So yes I will need something to keep me focused. How will this work?
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It sounds as if you will do well over Easter just to "hold the line." Try to avoid the fatty extras as much as possible, especially the snacks. No one will be watching to eat those....They'll be too busy eating, themselves! Concentrate on portion control and the simpler veggies and meats. No one will literally stuff food in your face if you don't make a production out of avoiding the goodies. Make the foods they like, but fill most of your own plate with salad first and be "Way too full" for dessert.

We leave on Easter Sunday for six weeks in Europe...How's that for an eating challenge?
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Wondering why the 3 pound loss is not showing up on my ticker....trying to sort it.........:ohwell: :ohwell:

Jean
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Did it...goodness - it took me almost an hour! lol

Jean
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Already feel better after reading your helpful suggestions. I will be happy to hold the line for that weekend of April. I would love to test my willpower on a trip to Europe! :) I'm sure you will do fine.