Does anyone have a go-to meal plan?

Options
I do best when I plan out a week in advance, but I've been having a difficult time with that lately. I can't do a lot of acidic foods, so I had to get rid of spaghetti night, I can't do spicy, and I find tacos boring without it and chili and beans with rice. (I miss my hot sauce sooo much!)

Does anyone have a meal plan they go to on busy weeks? Or meals you make every week or every two weeks?

Replies

• kmorring2014
    kmorring2014 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat a LOT of salad. I know that sounds boring, but I make a big bowl and keep it in the fridge for about 5 days before I have to make a fresh one. I vary the veggies a bit (depending on what looks good at the store) and I add a variety of stuff on top (fish, beans, eggs, lentils, nuts, avocado, dried fruit, fresh apple or pear slices) to keep it from being boring. I don't add all of that at once (ha! that would be a high calorie salad) and that is an easy go-to during the week.

I also plan out my meals for a week (normally) and do a lot of grilled protein (fish or a meat-alternative sausage or burger) with a carb (sweet potato, quinoa, etc) and a veggie.

I am such a boring eater when trying to lose weight. But it works, so I stick with it.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't think that sounds boring! I had a hard time with salad, it made me feel weird though I can't explain why, until I started mixing my own dressing with syrup. Which sounds ridiculous, but at least I'm getting the veg, right? I haven't had lentils in a salad ever, and it's been awhile since I put beans in, so these are great suggestions, thanks! I like keeping my lunches simple, and the same, so this is a great tip.

Thank you!
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I make up batches on Sundays. Today I will make stew, chicken chasseur and probably a quorn bolognaise. I box it up and have my own fast food all week. Salad is okay but I'm too lazy to prepare it and too tight to buy prepared salad from the shop.
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options
    I try to do that... but fail. I am trying to make three meals every time I cook... but I get sick of cooking and having kids say "ick!"
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I pretty much eat what i want but the right serving size. I just try to stay away from Junk Food (i fail alot through).
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options
    ...right. but how do you plan your shopping trips? Do you feed little kids? I eat whatever I want, but I still like to plan out the week. Staying away from junk food is a lot easier when you have a plan, even if you don't stick to it completely.