Last ever attempt!

Options
Hi, thank you allowing us Brits to join. I am making a final attempt to lose weight and hope taking this challenge will act as a spur to keep me on track. I am very short on willpower and love all food and sweets, so a very poor mix for weight loss! I hope everyone who joins is a success and we are able to help each other. i would so like to be able to wear nicer clothes, feel fit and generally be healthier and the only way is to do this!!!

Sheila x

Replies

• cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheila, I'm a brit too! Why is this your last attempt?
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'm quite an Anglophile and my mother's side of the family is English so there are no hard feelings on the recent unpleasantness between us (I hope General Washington is ok with that).

Welcome aboard Sheila, the best advice I can give you is to set "inchstone" goals for yourself like getting to the next round number on the scale and be prepared for setbacks as they happen to all of us. You just get back in the wagon if you fall out. That's alot harder for those of us over 50!!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheila! I am hoping this will be my last attempt as well (except for the possible 5 lb. fluctuation during maintenance). I do great, and then quit and gain it all back. Rinse, repeat. Grrr. So, I'm hoping to make it a habit this time around (87 day streak on MFP so far) so that I can continue to log through maintenance phase when it happens.

Good luck to you!