New to group

Options
I am new to the group -- waiting on my Medifast supplies to arrive, or as my coach calls it my box of "happy". Trying Medifast after a long talk with my doctor. Knew I needed to lose weight (60 to 70 pounds) but I have had a lot of trouble with plans that require me to cook healthy breakfasts and lunch. I go to school part-time, work full time (and don't get lunch -- I teach and I eat with some of my special needs students in 20 minutes that I have once I get them all settled.) Dinner is my only meal that I get to relax for. Also I am currently limited on physical activity due to a torn tendon in my foot (result of flat feet and excess weight.) Medifast sounds like it will be the plan for me as I don't have to "make" meals -- just grab and go - that is what I have focused on as far as meals I ordered - lots of pre-made shakes and bars :) Looking forward to the journey and helping each other along the way.

Replies

• wendyrvp
    wendyrvp Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Im on week 3 and so far very happy. I love the convenience of having a ready to grab meal. Some taste good and others not so much, but you learn how to tweak them to your preference too. Feel free to add me as mfp friend if you like.
    Wendy
  • 419er
    419er Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm fairly new to MediFast and really new to the group (Thanks for the invitation varneriffic).

I started TSFL to kill the last 35 of the 70I had to lose. I lost 53 just doing the traditional MFP "cals in/cals out" philosophy, and kept most of it off. After 18 months I had gained back 19 of those. So - I decided to finally give it a try. Today is day 18 for me, and I'm down 17 pounds. I'm thrilled that I've already lost so many inches and pounds. I really wish I had lost all the fat around my midsection - but I figure that must be the 18 pounds I still have to go... (I think all that math works - it works in my head anyway...)

That box of happy is going to make you - um - let's say 'less than happy' about 48 hours after you satrt- but then somewhere between 72h and 96h you're going to wonder what happened to you. Hitting 'fat burn' was pretty intense for me - my wife too - energy levels beyond what we'd had in a long time.
  • suejenfb
    suejenfb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Susan, I've lost 42 pounds on Medifast...It's the best program I've ever been on.
  • WandaMM1
    WandaMM1 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just joined the Medifast "Losers" group today. I have been on the program for 1 month (exactly) and have lost 10 pounds. I'm happy with that considering I was on vacation for 5 days during that month. I brought some Medifast meals with me and that helped. I only gained .5 pounds while on vacation which I'm calling a VICTORY!