April 2014 Fitness Challenge

Options
melkadee
melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
Join me this month! Let’s all try the Dream Diet! :wink:

A good night’s sleep is crucial for weight loss! Getting adequate sleep supports the balance of hormone levels which can help you to lose and/or maintain weight.

Here’s the challenge:
Try the Dream Diet for the month of April. :yawn: Commit to getting a minimum of seven hours of sleep each night. Report your progress on the group’s page and offer support to the other group members.

Sweet Dreams!!!

Are you in?:bigsmile:

Replies

• Lohavio
    Lohavio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL!

I'd love to join you. And um, I'll try. But it will be really hard to give up time in the evenings. I'm in though. I think it's a good goal.
  • BuoyantSoul
    BuoyantSoul Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I already get that much sleep, and more! Just not in one, unbroken stretch, haha. But that's what happens when you have a teething toddler who fusses in the night.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    oh boy -- its so important, but then I'd never get any business work done in the evening. Can I shoot for 6? That is truly my "Minimum" i need (My body would prefer 9)
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Did I mention I love sleep these days? Lol
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I have a newborn are you kidding me!!! LOL
    I don't get more than 4 hours of sleep.Maybe when the kids all move out.....in 18 years or so! :laugh:
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm in. It will not be easy though. Lately, I've had good intentions of going to bed early and before I know it, its after 1 in the morning, lol!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Checkin' in. Tomorrow's the day! I actually DO have a good sleep schedule...I go to bed regularly at 9:30pm, getting up at about 4am. HOWEVER, lately I've been waking up too much. I'm dehydrated I think! Or whatever. Anyway, my quality of sleep could use a tune-up.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    My oh My WHERE is everybody.....still sleeping? Good job!
    I slept well, and even got outta bed at my usual time--4AM
    I slept much better since I drank a ton of water yesterday.
  • melkadee
    Options
    LOL!

I'd love to join you. And um, I'll try. But it will be really hard to give up time in the evenings. I'm in though. I think it's a good goal.

I totally understand how hard it is to give up time in the evenings. Once I get the twins in bed, I feel like I can really focus on getting some things done and before I know it ... it's midnight! :noway:
  • melkadee
    Options
    I already get that much sleep, and more! Just not in one, unbroken stretch, haha. But that's what happens when you have a teething toddler who fusses in the night.

Oh, how I remember!!! :flowerforyou:
  • melkadee
    Options
    I went to bed on time last night, but my daughter became ill during the night and I was up and down from about midnight until 7:00 a.m. :yawn:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I got to sleep late last night (husband's fault :heart: ) Couldn't be helped! :love: But I took a nap today. Tonight I'll try to keep the family all headed to bed when they get home from bible studies.
  • marcon125
    Options
    Tuesday night and last night were about the same around 5.5 hours each. I always have good intentions to get to bed earlier, but it never pans out. Going to try again this evening!
  • melkadee
    Options
    I was awaken a few times last night and early this morning. I got close to 7 hours, but I still missed the mark.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I did not sleep well last night. Definitely less than my 7.5hours...I was dehydrated. I drank more water today, hopefully no problems tonight!
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I drank a ton of water today, this is important, because otherwise I wake up thirsty!
  • marcon125
    Options
    Friday night I got close to 8 hours as well as Saturday night, yea!! But then last night I was at only about 6 hrs. :-/
  • melkadee
    Options
    Hell Everyone,

I have yet to get 7 hours of sleep this month! I went out of town to my nephews birthday party. :drinker: I did not even sleep Saturday night. I fell asleep around 6:00 a.m. Sunday. I had a great time! Tonight is the night for seven hours ... I hope! :wink:
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So far everyday this month I have managed to get 9 hours of sleep....It feels so good I think I'm going to go to bed at 9PM again tonight....:flowerforyou:
  • melkadee
    Options
    oh boy -- its so important, but then I'd never get any business work done in the evening. Can I shoot for 6? That is truly my "Minimum" i need (My body would prefer 9)

How is it going? Are you getting six hours every day? :flowerforyou: