April 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
WELCOME all walkers! "April showers bring May flowers." Now is the time to be planning on joining the new monthly challenge once again! And no matter whether it is rain or shine we can still walk away our pounds and achieve better health while staying indoors :tongue: .

Having Leslie's DVDs to pop into the player will help us become stronger and healthier as we continue to walk for our health and fitness goals during 2014.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, but those great walks outside, or on the treadmill, as well as other walking DVDs count also. However you get your walk on, please join us!

We are a positive, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, however you like.

If you happened to find this group during the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are ALWAYS welcome! Just walk right in :smile: .

It is fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another walking instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill, or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, and inquiring minds just want to know sometimes :wink: .

If you are doing additional exercise besides the walks feel free to mention them if you feel like it. It is always inspiring to get new ideas, and it also helps us support one another in our pursuit of health, weight loss, and becoming stronger. So please share those additional workouts if you would like to.

So tie up those shoes and get some water, and let's start walking the April 2014 challenge together as we continue to walk our way toward our fitness goals we made for 2014.

Walk Strong :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kerrycork
    kerrycork Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm a former Weight Watchers member and just re-joined My Fitness Pal a few days ago. I am very happy to find this group. I've been a Leslie fan for over 15 years now. My goal for April will be 70 miles.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have been slacking off on the exercise lately and I need some motivation to get moving again! My goal for this month will be 85 miles! =)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well last month, as I let life stressors and depression get in my way. Not this month!! My goal is 90 miles this month!!!!
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 60-65 miles this month!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Me! I'm in! I don't have any WAH DVDs yet but I do walk outside and love it! I would love to walk 90 miles this month. I'm lace'n up my shoes and refilling those water bottles!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!! :wink:
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 30 miles this month
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am new to this! I have just done my first 1 mile walk, and actually enjoyed it.

So I have joined, and am aiming for 30 miles in April.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    just did he3r 1 mile today, loved it! count me in for 30-45
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    WOW, What fun! I just peeked in to see who has been joining in the April Challenge so far, and I am so delighted to find such a good response!! Welcome to all who have joined in so far :smile: . And especially so for those who are new to Leslie walks as well as to a challenge!!
    Welcome to our walkers who are coming back for another month :drinker: . We are gonna rock it strong in April. Indoors or out of doors :happy:

:flowerforyou:
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    The weather is so inconsistent here that it is hard to know if we can walk outside or not. I have always viewed this challenge as only Leslie miles (my rule, not yours), but I might have to change that up this month as I prefer to do walking outside as it gives me time with my honey as well as exercise.

So for April 50 miles of Leslie. We will see how the weather holds, but I might add an outside component to my mileage also.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    the walking video is addicting! just got hubby to do the 2 mile one with me! that's 3 miles today!
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hay, I'm back. Vacation was ruff when it came to keeping up on a routine and I really slacked a lot and only made half my goal for last month. I'm ready for a whole new month of new challenges to get me back on track . :drinker: and Looking forward to getting outside more this month too. I Love springtime.
    My goal for April is 75 miles.
    good luck everyone.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I picked up a new Leslie Sansone at Wal-Mart - so ready to head out again.....

I am going to split my month - 50 miles with Leslie and 50 miles outside with my black lab
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I really need to get off my couch! My goal is to start walking. Any amount will be better than what I've been doing.
  • lovingmylifein2013
    Options
    I have slacked the last few months and have gained a few pounds back so for April Im restarting and will walk AT LEAST 40 miles! Between Leslie and dogs that need to be walked I WILL do this!
  • nickle2dime
    nickle2dime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm about a week old! I have over 100 lbs to lose so I'm starting slowly. Typically in the past I have tried too much, too soon, and I couldn't sustain it. I don't have a mileage goal (yet) but I do have a goal to walk everyday, inside or out. I have a Leslie dvd to use on bad weather days. My minimum time goal for walking each day has been 15 minutes. I've been doubling (at least) that so it may be time to increase expectations!

This looks like a great group. I'll be following along!
  • Tabata_Mt
    Tabata_Mt Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi guys! Today will be the first day that I will use the DVD from Leslie Sansone and I'm really excited!! My goal for the month of April is walking around 30-50 miles. Let's do this!! :drinker: :tongue:
  • ElliHurdle
    Options
    I have about 90 pounds to lose to get to my ideal weight. I've failed so many times, but I guess it never hurts to try again! So, today I'm starting the "military diet" (to jumpstart my plan) and also the 30 day walk it off...combined with going to the gym at lunch to either walk on the treadmill or ride the stationary bike. YEP! April is going to be a BEAST!!! We got this!! I am aiming for 90 miles this month!
  • nickle2dime
    nickle2dime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first Leslie Sansone mile. Loved it! Also walked 20 minutes outside today. Total of 44 minutes walking today. *happy*
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Tuesday:

3 miles: 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk.

0 miles: walking outdoors

Goal for March: ? miles, An increased emphasis on strength will change my usual mileage.

So far: 3 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor miles

:flowerforyou: