Do any low carb friends eat apples ? I just added them

Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
Back, I quit eating them last summer- bought a bag for the hubs over the weekend-and been having one each day-w/peanut butter. It was either that or choc chip cookies (TOM) so instead of 20 carbs I'm 30s- I like being in keto but I really missed my apple & vegs. I think I know the answer - but just wanted to hear it from you all !

Replies

• GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Apples, berries, and kiwi are some of the only fruit I still eat (though I love, love, LOVE most fruit).
    I just plan my meals for the day ahead of time to make sure I don't go over.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    I eat apples or banana on my weekend long runs or races more than 2 hrs. I usually eat berries on other days.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    I still stay away from apples. The only fruits I eat are tomatoes, avocados, and berries. Berries quite sparingly. I like to keep them for special treats.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    When the weather's warmer and I'm cycling more I eat 1/2 an apple most days. I simply cut them in half in advance, soak both sides in lemon juice (to prevent browning) and have them when I want them.

I usually choose granny smiths as they seem to give me the best glycemic response. (I'm quite diabetic.) They're easy to throw in a ziploc bag and toss in one of my jersey pockets ...

I eat berries every day, without fail. It's part of my breakfast routine. Raspberries and strawberries are my favorites, but I also use a big bag of mixed field berries from Costco as well. Typically 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup maximum a day for me though.
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 189 Member
    It probably depends on how many grams of carbs you want to do a day.
    Personally, I am not eating them now but I eat tomatoes and avocados.
    I remember that one time when I was trying to stay in ketosis - I could get away with half a pear with 2-4 oz cream cheese.
    Half an apple a day (as suggested by another poster) seems doable.
  • cpislander
    cpislander Posts: 9 Member
    I blend one into my morning smoothy with cinnamon, tastes great. I use a small Royal Gala. Hasn't hurt my weight loss. I only do that once a week. I eat strawberries and blueberries daily too. So far so good!