It's all about me.

Options
Cathi888
Cathi888 Posts: 37 Member
Today is the restart of my low-carb lifestyle. I am pretty excited and feeling good about my decision.

About two years ago, I lost 50 lbs of my 150# goal. Needless to say, life got in the way. So, now here I am restarting after a year of screwing around.

We are recently empty nesters and since I am the main cook, I am cooking for me. I told my husband, who also needs to lose weight, that he will eat what I cook, if he wants more, he can throw in some extra veggies. He has agreed and is willing to let me take the reins.

I only wish that I had logged my food two years ago. It was so easy and the weight came off easy and I was happy and full of energy. But, for the life of me I can't remember what I ate. So, this is king of a new adventure. There are a lot of new ideas and recipes I am finding.

The newest addition for me will be the minute muffins and the bulletproof coffee. I havent tried it yet, but I figure with all the variations, there will be something that works for me.

Anyway. I am just going to make notes on MY topic once in a while. I don't want to do a full blog or anything, this is just my way of making myself accountable.

Replies

• washingtonred
    Options
    Hi there!!!

Welcome!!

I'm the sole cook too and Paul is on board with me. So that definitely makes it a lot easier when you have some one who is also on the same eating regiment!!!!

Red
  • Cathi888
    Options
    It is after lunch Wednesday. I am still doing well. Feeling ok. I had chicken tenders and asparagus for supper last night. Yum. I was so impressed that it filled me and I didnt even need a snack or dessert later.
  • Cathi888
    Options
    Got a week under my belt. Didn't have an amazing loss or anything, but definitely feel better.

Note to self. Don't drink the bulletproof coffee. It is definitely not your thing.

But the minute muffins are amazing. They are that good and definitely fill me up and hold me over until lunch.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the week.
  • Becksga
    Becksga Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am a bullet proof coffee addict..... I may need help. I blend it up in a nutribullet and it comes out frothy like a cappuccino! Delicious! *Now I can’t wait to get home to have a cup*
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If your making the muffins with flax seed, make sure you drink plenty of water as they can give you problems!!:drinker: :drinker: