Bad keto ideas...

Options
Skoster1
Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
Post them here, save others from awfulness!!

Bad idea: Parsley in a green smoothie.

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. You cant drink artificial sweeteners and lose weight.

I do this all the time. How can I be losing this weight. lol
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about keto or losing weight? If we are talking about losing, you can lose lots of weight with smoking pot and staying high whole day. Now the consequences are different though.
  • pyramid918
    pyramid918 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    As a former pot head I'd like to inform you that you can NOT smoke pot and lose weight. Pot itself doesn't put weight on you but the crazy food recipes that come with the high sure do.
  • auntiesocial78
    auntiesocial78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Pot may not have any carbs or calories, but it has caused me to make more than one poor food decision. :)
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    As does scotch - just sayin'.
  • Deborah105
    Options
    A bad Keto idea: making fat bombs, freezing them, then getting in lots of cardio walking back and forth to the freezer about 24 times (the amount of bombs I made and froze) to EAT them all ONE AT A TIME. Sheesh girl!
  • bmn13
    bmn13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am so guilty of this...in fact, just polished off the rest of them. *sigh*
  • snoopyjet
    snoopyjet Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    +1 Me too, and I'm also peanut butter addict :) *sight*
  • Deborah105
    Options
    Peanut butter! I need to stop buying it. I just scoop it out every afternoon for "lupper". Ha!
  • snoopyjet
    snoopyjet Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter! I need to stop buying it. I just scoop it out every afternoon for "lupper". Ha!

Amen! :)
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Added pot back into my routine and ended up stalled for months! I get so ravenous, and my high brain gives me all sorts of BRILLIANT rationalizations for poor behavior. So I'd say that for many of us that had food issues to begin with, that's a bad keto idea!

Another bad idea: Going out for drinks with friends on an empty stomach and thinking you still have the same tolerance. To make a long story short - you don't.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Another bad idea: Going out for drinks with friends on an empty stomach and thinking you still have the same tolerance. To make a long story short - you don't.

Amen to that! Cuts down on the liquor spend, however. Or allows for better quality over quantity. ;-)
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I have this strange ability to eat phenomenal amounts of food in a sitting... always have had. Although many find the fat satiating - it's never stopped me, LOL. (And no, not "hungry" ... I just like to eat ... and have the ability to do so...)

Occasionally I make the stupid mistake of eating 1000+ calories in a sitting (sometimes 1600) when exercise is scheduled like an hour after the meal... And then all I want to do is sleep, LOL.

I do much better if I keep my meals somewhere around 600 calories.
    Options
    Eat too little or trying to stick to a calorie number. I have gotten dizzy few times I experimented to restrict calories. I just listen to my body.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Eat too little or trying to stick to a calorie number. I have gotten dizzy few times I experimented to restrict calories. I just listen to my body.
    In addition to listening I 'poke' mine often .... blood glucose and ketone levels tell me much =)
    Options
    In addition to listening I 'poke' mine often .... blood glucose and ketone levels tell me much =)

My thumbs hate me for that, I poke as much as 4 times a day when I am experimenting with diet or exercise.
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    broccoli in a green smoothie... The chewiest smoothie I ever made and I even forgot to check carbs beforehand and didn't realize I was using almost 1/3 of my net carbs up with one breakfast drink.
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    eating or drinking coconut oil or butter to get to your fat intake. Thank goodness for fat bombs.
  • Deborah105
    Options
    I can't lie. I've eaten a sliver of Kerrygold butter from time to time. That stuff is good!
  • sassy247
    sassy247 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have to say, this has by far been the best post so far!! Made me laugh the entire read. :-) My ggod/bad idea is buying Jiffy Whip. I thought I would grab a container and be able to limit my intake so I can curb my sugar cravings. . . That stuff is AWESOME but so very hard to limit to 1 spoonful.