Help - I have no energy

Options
RozayJones
RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
Does anyone have any ideas on how to build energy levels - I am tired of waking up tired!
My doctor did not want to change my medication and I will be having my levels tested again next month.
Ever since my thyroid has been removed I feel as though I could sleep literally all day & I am tired of dragging myself out of bed!
I feel so lazy and I am just plan over it :sad:

Replies

• xx4mygirlsxx
    Options
    Im like this most days lately. Just try and push yourself to do more even if you really don't feel like it. If I get up and do no exercise I feel tired all day. But if I fit in just a small walk or something I usually feel more energetic for the rest of the day. So I guess for me the more I do, the more I feel like doing.
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i tried loading up on caffeine but it just made me jittery while still tired, if that makes any sense. what did help was yerba mate tea, and small snacks every few hours -- an apple, banana, or some crackers and peanut butter. good luck getting your dosage squared away. it's so hard going through those adjustments.
  • mikka050
    Options
    Have you checked out the - stopthethyroidmadness.com website? They have loads of great info on there. Xx
  • autotek
    autotek Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    check your b12 mine wasn't working at all
    so i take 5000mcg a day it helps alot
    thanks to my doctor she put me on 2500mcg but that did nothing so she upped it to 5000mcg
    better then having to get b12 shots
  • nickiboop
    nickiboop Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have been like this for a few weeks, tired and brain fog all the time
    Last night I exercised, nothing too hard just a half hour walking workout on the treadmill
    And then 20 minutes of weights. I now feel better han I have for weeks!
    I think doing 30 minutes of gentle exercise everyday has to be a priority
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Agree that some kind of exercise helps me. I take a whole foods vitamin and Vitamin D. Hope you can get your meds regulated. I also try to limit sugar, I said TRY!
  • shannabonana
    Options
    I've been doing essential oil treatment on top of my daily supplements & I can really tell a difference. I mix together five drops of lemon grass, myrrh, clove, peppermint, & frankincense oils with a teaspoon of coconut oil. I rub a little on my thyroid area, pulse points & then rub the rest on the bottoms of my feet and slip some socks on. The first weeks or so it felt like I just drank 2 or 3 cups of coffee within 15 minutes of applying the oils. It has leveled off a little bit since then, but I love it! I also take an omega complex, vitamin B complex, & Vitamin D.
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Have you had your Vit D, Ferritin and B vitamins levels checked?
  • MelxH
    MelxH Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    check your iron too

what helps me is doing a walk first thing in the morning, just after breackfast and another one before dinner, I also drink a cup of green or red tea after lunch, less caffeine than coffee
    make sure you are sleeping at least 7 hours and try to go to bed everyday at the same hour
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If you take Synthroid, it's really important that you take it on an empty stomach—at least 2 hours after eating. Take it with a big glass of water, and wait at least an hour before eating or drinking anything but water. Wait at least 3 more hours before taking any supplements: vitamins, minerals, or fiber.

I used to take mine with a few sips of water & wait 35 minutes. (So hungry!) Now that I follow the directions I have more energy all day long, and I'm less hungry in the morning.

Cytomel cannot be taken within 4 hours of iron, so I take my multivitamin at noon.
  • MeepleMuppet
    MeepleMuppet Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you take Synthroid, it's really important that you take it on an empty stomach—at least 2 hours after eating. Take it with a big glass of water, and wait at least an hour before eating or drinking anything but water. Wait at least 3 more hours before taking any supplements: vitamins, minerals, or fiber.

I used to take mine with a few sips of water & wait 35 minutes. (So hungry!) Now that I follow the directions I have more energy all day long, and I'm less hungry in the morning.

Cytomel cannot be taken within 4 hours of iron, so I take my multivitamin at noon.

Generics too. I'm on Levothyroxin after my total thyroidectomy and had similar issues. Turns out I wasn't waiting long enough to eat breakfast and I wasn't taking the med with a full glass of water. Took my time with the water, started eating an hour later and I started feeling better almost immediately.

ooops, looks like OP is a year old. Anyone friends with her? Was she able to solve her problem?