Roll Call

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
Hey There Everyone~

How was everyone's weekend. Mine was rainy and cold, but enjoyed it non the less. I am excited that my hubby and I ordered all new appliances. You see I need them as I do a lot of baking. I am also going to start baking for a dog treat company. So excited about that. I needed a double oven so bad and I got one.

How has everyone's workouts and nutrition going? Are you staying on task or have you veered off track a bit. Let's hear from you to see how you are all doing.

Hope you are having a great week so far.

Replies

• mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am back on track this week. Last week was a little hard due to some emotional/stress stuff going on in life and resulted in emotional eating but I didn't gain, I lost which is good. I think it is due to what I selected to eat. Instead of junk (cake, candy, chips etc) I grabbed for an extra granola bar or carrots. I think just the motion or feel of eating something is what seemed to be comforting. I just don't crave sweets or junk like before, plus I know how I feel afterwards and it makes me feel worse. So I guess emotional eating isn't too bad as long as you choose healthy things to stuff your face with. :bigsmile:
    Back to the grind stone and going to exercise more.
  • sunnybunny1111
    Options
    Always a little off track on the weekend....I am just with my kids so much running around, etc. It i harder at those times to track. I do continue my calorie counting and try to get some exercise in....MFP has been very helpful
  • claudia799903
    claudia799903 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a little off track. Most of the time I am staying in my calorie range but not eating as healthy though. I haven't exercised in over a week so my weight isn't really going down. I'll be moving this weekend a few miles from my apartment now so I'll get tons of exercise in then :) Need to get back on track!!!!!!! I have to do it!!! I don't want to back track, I've come so far. Hope you all are doing great!!!
  • graceisfree
    graceisfree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I went of track last week but I'm back this week. I also got a food scale and its been so helpful. It has made me to see that I've been eating way more than I should by using measuring cups etc. Now I understand how important it is to have a food scale. So far so good for me this week. Hopefully I will have a great weekend too since weekends are my weakness. I have also been exercising at least 20 minutes a day. Its little but its better than nothing.
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello my dear friends :)

I wasn't around the boards in the last few days, sorry about that!
    My weekend + week in general was fine.

I applied for a small promotion job in May and got accepted. That's great. It's nothing big, just giving away flyers, for 7 days. But I can really use the money as I plan to move out in summer and need lots of new stuff.
    And a notebook, when I start studying :P

Besides this, everything is quite fine. I'm exercising more and really enjoying it. The weather is wonderful here, it's so sunny and warm as in July! ♥
    And nutrition is.. well, okay. I'm struggling a little bit because I currently don't feel really hungry, but shouldn't lose any more weight due to my doctor. That's why I am eating lots of stuff I normally wouldn't eat to get my kcal in, because if I listened to my body, I'd propably eat <1000 kcal (and I know too well how unhealthy that is!)

Anyway, it's also enjoyable to see how I can eat all those foods again (I couldn't before because I'd binge on them, always). That's nice as well :) Still trying to include fruits and veggies every day. Just my protein intake isn't as high as I'd wish for.
    But besides this everything is nice and could go on this way.
    I enjoy my cardio, but am also happy to try out weight lifting in two weeks, a friend is going to help me with it :flowerforyou:
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I am back on track this week. Last week was a little hard due to some emotional/stress stuff going on in life and resulted in emotional eating but I didn't gain, I lost which is good. I think it is due to what I selected to eat. Instead of junk (cake, candy, chips etc) I grabbed for an extra granola bar or carrots. I think just the motion or feel of eating something is what seemed to be comforting. I just don't crave sweets or junk like before, plus I know how I feel afterwards and it makes me feel worse. So I guess emotional eating isn't too bad as long as you choose healthy things to stuff your face with. :bigsmile:
    Back to the grind stone and going to exercise more.

See you are becoming more and more aware of what you are eating and making the choice for something healthier. Everything in moderation. I hope everything is brighter for you this week. Let me know if you need anything.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Always a little off track on the weekend....I am just with my kids so much running around, etc. It i harder at those times to track. I do continue my calorie counting and try to get some exercise in....MFP has been very helpful

I like this site because it makes us all mindful of what we are doing on a daily basis and puts everything we are doing right in front of us. I know for me, I like to see what I have put into my body that day and what I can do to improve.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I'm a little off track. Most of the time I am staying in my calorie range but not eating as healthy though. I haven't exercised in over a week so my weight isn't really going down. I'll be moving this weekend a few miles from my apartment now so I'll get tons of exercise in then :) Need to get back on track!!!!!!! I have to do it!!! I don't want to back track, I've come so far. Hope you all are doing great!!!

Yes, you will most certainly get enough exercise when you move. Something I do to myself when I feel I have taken a step back is I stop what I am doing. I look at all I have accomplished and then ask myself do I want to go back to the past. If that answer is no then I get my booty in gear and get to working on workouts and eating healthier. Don't worry about the last week. Today is a new day and I want you to start this day with a fresh outlook. You can and will do this. I have faith in you. Let's get to it.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I went of track last week but I'm back this week. I also got a food scale and its been so helpful. It has made me to see that I've been eating way more than I should by using measuring cups etc. Now I understand how important it is to have a food scale. So far so good for me this week. Hopefully I will have a great weekend too since weekends are my weakness. I have also been exercising at least 20 minutes a day. Its little but its better than nothing.

You are absolutely right on the exercise. You are moving and that is so important. I too measure everything. My family thinks I am crazy, but it's something that helps me stay on track and they have learned to accept it. Take each day as it comes. You are doing great and I know you will succeed.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hello my dear friends :)

I wasn't around the boards in the last few days, sorry about that!
    My weekend + week in general was fine.

I applied for a small promotion job in May and got accepted. That's great. It's nothing big, just giving away flyers, for 7 days. But I can really use the money as I plan to move out in summer and need lots of new stuff.
    And a notebook, when I start studying :P

Besides this, everything is quite fine. I'm exercising more and really enjoying it. The weather is wonderful here, it's so sunny and warm as in July! ♥
    And nutrition is.. well, okay. I'm struggling a little bit because I currently don't feel really hungry, but shouldn't lose any more weight due to my doctor. That's why I am eating lots of stuff I normally wouldn't eat to get my kcal in, because if I listened to my body, I'd propably eat <1000 kcal (and I know too well how unhealthy that is!)

Anyway, it's also enjoyable to see how I can eat all those foods again (I couldn't before because I'd binge on them, always). That's nice as well :) Still trying to include fruits and veggies every day. Just my protein intake isn't as high as I'd wish for.
    But besides this everything is nice and could go on this way.
    I enjoy my cardio, but am also happy to try out weight lifting in two weeks, a friend is going to help me with it :flowerforyou:

I too was a cardio girl for years and then I met Tony Horton. He is the bomb and he gave me the love of lifting. I love the feel of lifting and have increased my weights over time. Start small and when you feel you can go higher then do so.

What are you eating as far as protein goes? How many calories in one day are you consuming?
  • claudia799903
    claudia799903 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks Julie!!!!
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Normally I manage to get enough protein due to chicken breast, eggs, high-protein cottage cheese etc. but right now I'm eating more other stuff. That's okay, though, I'm planning to get back to more protein soon again :flowerforyou: