Does anyone do push-ups the advanced way?

Options
Do any of us in the group get through all of the push ups without
Stopping or doing the modified? I can do them all they way through
Modified, but seriously can't do regular ones past like 5 or 6
I did 3 real ones and the rest modified and am going to go by day (tomorrow
I am going to do 4 for day 4)
They are so tough!

Replies

• muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    I can do about 15-20 normal pushups for the first set but ONLY IF I don't think about the video. I think about my average random attempts at doing pushups and count in my head and go for the highest number and grunt it out. But by the time I'm insta-exhausted by the squat presses for the second set I do about 2 or 3 modified ones and then take a break (in child's pose). And repeat. Haha. So it's a spectrum for me. Maybe if I had any sense of pacing the two sets wouldn't be sooooo different. :-)
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I can barely do the modified pushups. It's the one part of the video that I actively hate!
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well, I did my first nonmodified one yesterday and hope to keep getting stronger with them. I am hoping they are gone in level two though.
    By the end of that set of push-ups and squat presses my shoulders are burning. In fact right now that is where I feel the most muscle soreness from this program.
    It feels good to get strong again. I used to be able to do regular push-ups and I want to get back that strength.
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    For the first few days, I did the modified version. Then this morning (Day 5) I tried to do the advanced or regular pushups. I made it through about 10, then I had to do the rest on my knees. I did that for all the pushup sections. I hope by Day 10, I will be doing the entire routine just like Jillian :) We'll see.
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ooops I guess today is actually day 4, I got confused because of today being a Friday and in my mind I must've thought I started Monday, which I didn't. My mind is on the weekend!
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I always try and do as many as I can on my toes. I usually get to about 10 on the two push up rounds before i hit the floor with my knees... I'm hoping to be able to do more though and keep up with her by the end of day 10!
  • dmfrank78
    dmfrank78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nope - still doing the modified but I notice they are getting easier so will probably try the "real" pushups in the next day or two but I know I'll have to go back down to modified at some time during the workout. Hopefully by the end I'll be doing all of them on my toes. I, too, am feeilng the most soreness in my shoulders - glad I'm not the only one.
  • Melissas9799
    Melissas9799 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am still doing modified ones. I am going to try the regular push ups this weekend and see how many I can do. I figure my arms will eventually get stronger !! :)
  • liljen69
    liljen69 Posts: 45
    Options
    I do the modified ones and I stop!
  • michlou84
    michlou84 Posts: 34
    Options
    I can barely do the modified pushups. It's the one part of the video that I actively hate!

I'm the same, its such a struggle to even get through the modified ones!